Gransnet forums

News & politics

Everything is wrong in this country

(338 Posts)
GrannyLaine Tue 03-Dec-19 09:06:19

WWMK2 I feel for you. Is there any joy in your life whatsoever?

Anniebach Tue 03-Dec-19 09:00:01

It would all be so different if the vote of no confidence in
Corbyn by the majority of labour MP’s had been respected.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:59:12

WWMK2, the UK is still one of the best Countries in the world to live.

JenniferEccles Tue 03-Dec-19 08:51:39

What on earth are you going to do with your time after the GE is over Whitewavemark2 ?

I guess though your incessant threads will continue, bleating on about the wicked government, and how dreadful it is that your views were thankfully not held by the majority.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:50:57

Not the world gaunt it is this country. We have it in ours hands to reverse so much.

Gaunt47 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:48:46

Having a sense of proportion is entirely different from complacency, which it seems we are being accused of. Rather it is the intelligence to realise that so much that is wrong in this world, and we can all find examples, is simply because we're human.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:38:51

The fact that there is nothing new tells you all you need to know. It isn’t being tackled it is becoming or become endemic.

The Tories have ensured that the public sphere has degenerated until we have vast private wealth but public squalor.

When I see the sort of poverty that I watched last night on Despatches it is hard to have a sense of proportion
When I see the waiting lists growing exponentially for treatment by the NHS, it is hard to have a sense if proportion
When I listen to the corruption and lies carried out by our prime minister it is hard to have a sense of proportion.

Don’t belittle what is happening to our country. It is a disaster, evil and corrupt.

Davida1968 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:35:14

Just look at the USA, if you want to see a country which is really in trouble.

eazybee Tue 03-Dec-19 08:32:59

I suggest you read Bleak House before you talk about poverty at Dickensian levels, or Mayhew's London

mcem Tue 03-Dec-19 08:32:01

Posters on GN and out there in RL accept all of this and continue to support a government which will perpetuate the problems. Why?

Gaunt47 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:30:30

Everything wrong with the country? No, most definitely not IMO. All you have done WWM2 is to list (mostly) things that have always been under threat, and there's nothing new there that I can see. I beg you for your own sake to find a sense of proportion!

Hetty58 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:26:09

But people still vote for lower taxes and cuts in services! Do they regret it when they actually need some help - when it's far too late to change their minds?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:22:06

Everywhere you look and everything you read.

Health service imploding
Poverty levels retreating to Dickensian levels
Mortality rates increasing
Life expectancy decreasing
Food banks
Social care crises
Public services like libraries, grass cutting, weeds on verges, potholes.
Housing crises
Cuts in education, schools struggling
Academies failing
Students with huge debt
Corruption in our political class
Public broadcaster under severe criticism for bias
Media concentration threatens the public interest and our democracy
Police struggling because of cuts. Leave cancelled and overtime compelled to fill gaps.
Military funding at an all time low.
Prison service under severe pressure because of cuts
Welfare cut to the bone squeezing the poor to 1930’s style welfare support.
Transport almost at developing country levels
Hate crimes at a record high
Racism increasing

We are one of the richest countries in the world.