Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Andrew’s alibi....

(62 Posts)
BluebellGran Tue 03-Dec-19 20:12:33

I have just watched the Panorama programme featuring Virginia Roberts, about Epstein et al. Surely if Prince Andrew was attending a birthday party, the other parents and children who were also there would have come forward to uphold his alibi? Also I believe that the records kept by his security personal would confirm where he was on that night? Or am I stupid?

Callistemon Thu 05-Dec-19 12:08:01

HM gave it to them as a wedding present.
Then they left it to rot.

Sunninghill Park?

Callistemon Thu 05-Dec-19 12:05:33

Sparklefizz grin

I think they lived in Southyork at the time, you know that house that looked like a Tesco, bought at an inflated price by a Middle Eastern gentleman and now demolished.

Sparklefizz Thu 05-Dec-19 10:52:13

I thought the party was one of B's friends' birthday parties and held AT Pizza Express and he took her there.

To be fair, I would particularly remember if I took my daughter to a party at Buckingham Palace as that would be incredibly unusual for me , so as the Pizza Ex at Woking is out of his social zone, he is more likely to remember that. But perhaps I am being too kind .....

Anniebach Thu 05-Dec-19 10:42:58

He as confused everyone

Calendargirl Thu 05-Dec-19 10:09:38

Was the party not AT Pizza Express?
Sorry, I seem to be as confused as PA by all this!

Anniebach Thu 05-Dec-19 10:06:47

If taking your daughter to a birthday party why take her to buy a pizza, surely he didn’t drop her off at the party then went to buy a pizza for himself.

Callistemon Thu 05-Dec-19 09:32:41

It was a friend's birthday party, I would expect that Bea had more upmarket birthday parties than at Pizza Express ,like the rest of us.
Would they not have done something else first eg bowling, the cinema. It seems odd to just have gone for a pizza.

Anniebach Thu 05-Dec-19 09:14:30

I thought it was a friends birthday party

M0nica Thu 05-Dec-19 00:12:19

I do not think I could remember exactly how we celebrated each of our children's birthdays 20 after they happened. I might remember that we celebrated a birthday wth a pizza or a visit to a circus, but I would not remember which birthday. Was it the 7th birthday or the 8th. And that would be even more true for parties DC attended as guests.

However, if you are the kind of person who has a private secretary or private office, then all your official appointment diaries will be kept, not just chucked out at the end of the year like most of us. Personal engagements would probably be registered as well to stop double bookings.

All PA has to do is produce his appointment diary for the relevant year and show us the entry on the relevant day. It may not note exactly where he was, but it would register that was Princess B/E's birthday, taking her and friends out 3.00pm onwards.

Eloethan Wed 04-Dec-19 23:16:26

EllanVannin What exactly did you mean by:

"I'm sure he'd remember his nights with a few Tramps Annie."?

Yehbutnobut Wed 04-Dec-19 22:39:30

Those to annie

Yehbutnobut Wed 04-Dec-19 22:39:01

And underage at 17 to be in a nightclub.

Yehbutnobut Wed 04-Dec-19 22:37:44

She was underage as an US National at 17.

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 21:45:05

That TV interview was a crime... against acting wink

Tooting29 Wed 04-Dec-19 20:43:34

Just another white posh bloke with his brains in his d☆☆k and an overarching sense of entitlement. Can't be doing with him.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 20:09:20

I agree Sussexborn I remember the mother of a mass murderer being asked why did she travel from Scotland to a prison in England every month to see him. . Such sadness on her face and in her voice , she said - ‘he is my son’.

Sussexborn Wed 04-Dec-19 20:04:50

I remember DD1 (about 8) suddenly asking if I would still love DS if he was a murderer! I told her that I would be horrified and ashamed but I would still love him! I dare say HM feels much the same.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 20:02:49

There has been no criminal charges yet. I think the queen has done all that be expected of her.

Easy to forget she is a mother too.

Elegran Wed 04-Dec-19 19:54:49

No-one is ignoring the crime, but several people are wondering just how you work out that the queen is to blame - just HOW is she making sure that he is shielded? She has no influence on the due process of law. NO-ONE is above the law, and her own moral compass is strong enough for her to agree with that. If there is evidence against him he will have to face the music - and do remember that there must be corroborating evidence as well as the accusations that the girls are bringing. A crime MUST be proved by due process of law, not by a witch-hunt, or it would become that NO-ONE is safe from a mercenary blackmailing or malicious accusation with no truth in it.

He no longer takes part in royal duties, which demonstrates how his mother feels about his involvement with the whole scandal, whether or not he is guilty of any actual sexual involvement with the girls. He has parted company with charitable organisations and so on.

merlotgran Wed 04-Dec-19 19:48:43

Far from shielding and protecting him, she's kicked him into touch as far as his royal profile is concerned.

I doubt the Queen will include him in public appearances like the Sandringham church parade for a very long time and it will be interesting to see who's aboard the horse going spare in next year's Trooping the Colour.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 19:24:42

How is the queen making sure he is shielded and protected ?

Shielded and protected from who/what ?

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 19:20:49

You do not mention the children at all. Ignore all the fishy things that do not add up, and ignore his merry wave from paedo Epsteins door, if you will, but, the queen is making sure he is shielded, and protected. That interview though - what a car smash that was.

Elegran Wed 04-Dec-19 19:14:47

He is a grown man, and not even a young one. Must his mother be held guilty for his sins, even those which so far are only accusations that have not been proved against him? How old must we be before we are responsible for our own morals or lack of them?

Is it ALWAYS up to mothers to tell their adult children what to do? When people post to gransnet about how their children are estranged because they had interfered in their lives, most gransnetters reply that they are not surprised.

ananimous Wed 04-Dec-19 19:13:36

I don't understand why you don't understand.

Sparklefizz Wed 04-Dec-19 19:12:13

One of the things that liars do, apparently (I researched this when I was married to one) is waffle about a number of minor details in order to seem honest and open, but in actual fact avoiding the main issues/questions.

So PA waffled over the sweating, and over the Pizza Party and going to Woking, and went into great detail.

He reminded me of Bill Clinton who was unable to say Monica Lewinsky's name so he said "I did not have intercourse with that woman" - thereby also nitpicking between "intercourse" and "oral sex".

And PA would only say that he had "no recollection" about almost everyone and everything.

What I do wonder about is .... if he was lying all the way through that interview, why not condemn Epstein and his friendship with him, even if he didn't really feel it? If he is lying about other things, why then defend his friendship and try to justify it by saying he "learnt a number of things" (I bet he did!) and not come out and say he deeply regretted ever knowing the man! Why not get lie and get himself off the hook?