Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour Personal Manifesto

(14 Posts)
Ilovecheese Sat 07-Dec-19 18:06:28

notanan2 thanks for the info about the Votes For Policies website. I just had a go at that one. (Result was 100% Labour)

notanan2 Sat 07-Dec-19 17:13:53

I prefer to use the Votes for Policies website. It takes away bias.

Labour scored VERY low for me when chosing policies not people

Ilovecheese Sat 07-Dec-19 17:11:42

It said they will retrofit 224000 homes in my area (Manchester)

GracesGranMK3 Sat 07-Dec-19 14:24:06

Did you get anything about retrofitting homes ILC. I was shocked to see that there are 11,000 people in Harrogate in fuel poverty. I don't actually live there but my postcode would suggest I do. I did know the wages are very low there so I should have guessed really.

I like the idea of a comprehensive Waste and Recycling Strategy. You would think, whatever they spend, they will get a lot back with it being the same all over the country.

Ilovecheese Sat 07-Dec-19 14:16:48

I've just done it, but made a mistake, stating that I did have children under 21 and worked in the public sector when I meant the opposite. If you don't have children under 21 and don't work in the public sector, don't press those buttons!

GracesGranMK3 Sat 07-Dec-19 14:08:56

It is neither the "truth" or a "lie" Annie. It is their proposal about what they will do. You will only know if they have misled us if, after being in government you believe they have not carried it out. Who is actually unable to see the difference Annie?

It's the simple things that it reminds me about that I like. On mine (and on others who say the same things are important I expect) one of the things it says under the Green Industrial Revolution is:

*In your area
-We will implement a comprehensive Waste and Recycling Strategy, investing £200 million million in new recycling facilities for Yorkshire and The Humber and introducing new measures such as bottle recycling schemes

-Labour's Green Industrial Revolution will create more than 94,000 jobs across Yorkshire and The Humber through £13 billion direct public investment in the green technologies of the future. This will lead to estimated emissions savings from Yorkshire and The Humber of 20 Mt CO2e each year by 2030.

-In Harrogate the next Labour government will retrofit 72,000 homes to the highest possible standards of energy efficiency and fundamentally reform the energy market to keep bills down and lift 11,000 families out of fuel poverty.

Seeing the big picture is one thing but I liked this method. I would look at a Tory, LD or Green one too if they did it.

We know your views and you have every right to hold them. What I don't believe you have every right to do is constantly act as a spoiler - based on no facts whatsoever - on any thread that doesn't say what you want it to say.

Anniebach Sat 07-Dec-19 13:51:29

If you are as stupid as some you will think it’s truth

DoraMarr Sat 07-Dec-19 13:48:27

Thanks GracesGran, I found this interesting.

GracesGranMK3 Sat 07-Dec-19 13:43:37

If you are as stupid as some you will not want to know what it says I agree. If you have an enquiring mind you might.

GracesGranMK3 Sat 07-Dec-19 13:42:28

Give your email address , you will receive emails everyday asking for donations. Plus emails from Corbyn telling you how he will change the world

Annie that is a lie. Convenient for you to have as yet another stick to beat with but it is not true. At the end you are asked if you want to hear from them; you can say no.

So have you completed this and then had emails every day - since today when you saw this on here? No.

On the other hand, if you don't have the nouse to tick the "no" box who should we blame.

Opal Sat 07-Dec-19 13:31:58

Exactly Anniebach, yet another Labour propaganda thread, telling us our Saviour is here, and pleading for donations to his "Church". Come to think of it, he does look like one of those American evangelists, threatening us with "fire and fury" if we don't follow Him ..... grin

Whitewavemark2 Sat 07-Dec-19 13:30:33

annie exactly like all the other political parties, except most people trust Corbyn more than Johnson.

Anniebach Sat 07-Dec-19 13:12:19

Give your email address , you will receive emails everyday asking for donations. Plus emails from Corbyn telling you how he will change the world

GracesGranMK3 Sat 07-Dec-19 12:55:03

It's always good to see how a party will affect you personally. This link takes you to your own Personal Manifesto.

action.labour.org.uk/page/content/personal-manifesto/?fbclid=IwAR1j6X3EPu2S2WcMAvkFUApQFASun1MrsGuNrM0gC1TOvp8HzlwXE9l915U

Very interesting to see the parts that are very relevant to the areas that are important to me and what will affect my area.