Gransnet forums

News & politics

A politics no-go zone?

(86 Posts)
MawB Wed 11-Dec-19 14:14:17

I learned today that it is illegal to feature politics in any shape or form on TV or radio tomorrow . (Apart from the Election coverage after the polls have closed.)

Would it be possible for the same embargo to apply to Gransnet - or am I wishing for the moon?
How peaceful it would be.
Or would the vow of silence be more than some could take?

Curlywhirly Thu 12-Dec-19 22:01:20

Looks like a big conservative majority if the exit polls are correct!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Dec-19 21:00:41

Hopefully after tomorrow things/people shall all calm down.

Thirteen sleeps until the big fat man in the red suit sneaks down your chimney, drinks your sherry and eats your mince pies..........mind you as long as he leaves parcels under my tree he is welcome tchwink

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 20:54:27

Yes I agree & Cheers ?

Urmstongran Thu 12-Dec-19 20:50:06

A wine fridge? Gosh you’re posh!
You could be my new best friend....

No advice Bridget sorry. Have you fallen out previously? Can’t say I’ve noticed anything on the political threads.

I daresay it’s best if you post but avoid one another’s ... if possible. Less confrontation that way.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Dec-19 20:37:07

As I have the remote I have been “zapping” through the channels and have discovered Agatha Raisin on Sky One. I want her house, car and style tchconfused

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 20:20:24

Apologies Mawboon, yes it does seem that you may be wishing for the moon?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Dec-19 20:19:18

No problem my wine fridge is full ???

Doodle Thu 12-Dec-19 20:18:43

Oh yes grannygravy I shall bring a bottle tchgrin

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 20:17:09

I think I need a bottle not a glass?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Dec-19 20:16:19

All are welcome, only one condition, no politics ?tchgrin

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 20:16:05

Yes Urmstongran , I wish they weren’t.
I have been accused of laying in wait for an opportunity to denigrate GG.
It seems that my opinion is not an opinion but denigration & that I am toxic.
Any advice please

Urmstongran Thu 12-Dec-19 20:15:08

Me too GG13! Sat on the sofa, just about to eat with a large chilled Pinot Grigio poured.

I should have said ‘on here’.
?

Doodle Thu 12-Dec-19 20:12:38

Sounds nice grannyg may I join you? Cheers ?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Dec-19 20:10:52

Not here Urmstongran Mr.Gravy is out, I am on the sofa with the remote control, beautiful real fire burning and a nice chilled glass of white wine.
Que sera sera ?

Urmstongran Thu 12-Dec-19 20:06:40

Feelings & tensions appear to be running high tonight.

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 19:48:47

I am not up for valuation to you or anyone else.GG
You are extremely rude & just can not accept others who express an opinion differently to your self.
Threads are not closed shops, as I have said before don’t read then if you don’t like my contributions .

GracesGranMK3 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:39:41

I mentioned earlier SirC that I got Tory bitch-fest earlier today for an hour or so. I reported one and it stopped. I have no idea why they thought I would be interested but if they are just going on our age and where we live or whatever they are going to get it very wrong which may mean they are wasting a lot of money. I do hope so.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 12-Dec-19 19:35:24

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

varian Thu 12-Dec-19 18:39:49

We never get anything from the Tories. Perhaps they've noticed the Liberal Democrat poster at our house or maybe they've spotted us telling for the LibDems at the polling station. I recommend you do the same in future to fend off their unwelcome advances.

MawB Thu 12-Dec-19 18:27:17

I just felt that by this stage, nothing anybody says is going to change anybody’s opinion or how they vote, but just be more of the old same old.
Let’s face it, it’s all been said ad nauseam hence my suggestion.
All pigs refuelled and ready for take-off though. ?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 12-Dec-19 17:47:09

And me sirchen maybe they got the wrong lists

SirChenjin Thu 12-Dec-19 17:44:40

The Conservative party emailed me earlier in the week asking me to donate to party funds and I’ve just received another email to say that Labour voters are turning out in high numbers and could I please ensure I vote. No idea why they felt I would appreciate a few emails from their rat hole or what it says about their campaign confused

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 17:36:39

You do not recognise Irony & are beginning to become obsessed, please move on.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 12-Dec-19 17:31:08

It is not all about you Bridgeit. I would just like the opportunity, as I do on other forums, to add the names of people whose posts I find do not add to my enjoyment of GN so post does not show. It would not affect any one else, they would still see you post unless they too chose to add you to their list. No one would know they were not being read by someone else. I really don't care, I cannot make it any clearer, I do not care for your posts or what you want to say to me just so you can snipe. People who write the sort of posts you have on here are simply not worth the time or energy.

Bridgeit Thu 12-Dec-19 17:06:18

GracesgranMK3:
It is possible to ignore me,You just have to Ignore Me
Neither do you need to tolerate me , you don’t need a wish to do this, you just need to scroll on by .
You have the choice & you have the will power, just use them.