Gransnet forums

News & politics

Peter Phillips advertising milk

(55 Posts)
Chestnut Tue 21-Jan-20 10:14:57

So now Peter Phillips is advertising milk to the Chinese! What in heaven's name is going on in the Royal Family?
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7909309/As-Harry-flies-Canada-earn-millions-Peter-Phillips-advertising-milk-TV.html

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 18:33:21

It looks as if they are going to model their dairy farming on the American system ie cows densely packed into sheds.

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 18:28:05

I know threads wander, but I go out for a bit and don't have a clue what's going on

Yes, they're Chinese Jersey cows.
I hope they live outside, surely there's enough space?

Anniebach Tue 21-Jan-20 17:40:39

No he hasn’t given up his titles, Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex,
Earle of Dumbarton, Baron Kilkeel.

And he will be given money for a year from his father.

Nezumi65 Tue 21-Jan-20 17:34:03

It’s all Meghan’s fault. All of it.

He sold his wedding photos as well for a reported 500K (according to sky news).

That’s Meghan’a fault as well. That’s why she was smiling at the pre-arranged paps she’s paid while holding her child for the first time this decade wink

BlueBelle Tue 21-Jan-20 17:26:18

Why are posters saying if Harry gives up his title and money Isnt that exactly what he has done

growstuff Tue 21-Jan-20 17:23:22

suzie They don't have a case.

suziewoozie Tue 21-Jan-20 17:22:50

Opal ????????
Sorry trish JE started it?

growstuff Tue 21-Jan-20 17:22:39

I guess it depends how good your blinkers are Opal grin

trisher Tue 21-Jan-20 17:17:37

Cross threads you'll get deleted!!!

Opal Tue 21-Jan-20 17:14:52

I think you'll find SW that our case is being argued VERY successfully on the other thread.

suziewoozie Tue 21-Jan-20 16:56:57

Bringing the LF issue onto other threads grow is a measure of how awfully cross they’re feeling at not being able to argue their case successfully on that thread.

Opal Tue 21-Jan-20 16:49:26

Don't take any notice of the insults Gillybob, they don't know anything about you and calling you names is just ignorant. I've experienced name-calling too, and JE is absolutely correct about it appearing on other threads.

Luckygirl Tue 21-Jan-20 16:45:40

Royal ads:

Prince Phillip - ROSPA
The Queen - Tena ladys
P Charles - McVities
Camilla - Garnier
Kate - Damart for children

growstuff Tue 21-Jan-20 16:39:00

Could you give some examples of that claim JenniferEccles because I've missed them? It sounds like grievance culture to me (sigh).

growstuff Tue 21-Jan-20 16:37:23

Chestnut China does have cows! The milk Peter Phillips is advertising is from Jersey cows born and bred in China. It's a marketing ploy to link the Jersey name with the UK, which China sees as producing quality milk. Who better to advertise the UK than a member* of the royal family? grin

At least a member with a "clean" history.

JenniferEccles Tue 21-Jan-20 16:19:35

Sometimes any mention on here of people from a different ethnic group is interpreted as being a ‘racist ‘ comment as can be seen on the later pages of the Laurence Fox thread.

lemongrove Tue 21-Jan-20 15:45:19

I do remember that gillybob ..it was the dafter element on GN that took exception to what you said.?
Never let those kind of weird attitudes get to you.

PP can do as he likes, milk is a reasonable commodity, he isn’t endorsing bubblegum flavoured condoms.
He doesn’t have a title, nor any money from tax payers.
If Harry gives up all money and titles, he can go on Canadian tv glugging milk and giving it the thumbs up.

Chestnut Tue 21-Jan-20 15:39:08

Why can't China buy some cows and milk them? Surely they have decent grass somewhere in such a big country.

gillybob Tue 21-Jan-20 15:37:50

We were told people buy it and re-sell it to people back in China - on several occasions

I started a thread about this very thing last year jura2 after trying several shops in Newcastle to buy a box of baby milk for my granddaughter . Boots told me that the Chinese population were buying up their entire stocks to send home and they were seriously considering limiting sales.

Some of the comments (and PM's) I received were nasty and quite brutal ( I was even accused of racism) which almost caused me to leave Gransnet.

growstuff Tue 21-Jan-20 15:04:43

China's thirst for milk:

www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/mar/29/can-the-world-quench-chinas-bottomless-thirst-for-milk

growstuff Tue 21-Jan-20 14:55:47

GillT57 Most people can build up tolerance to lactose. Milk is hugely popular in China, especially amongst the more affluent. They're also impressed by the trappings of royalty.

Elegran Tue 21-Jan-20 14:48:14

Can't have it both ways. If PP isn't getting paid for working for the RF he has to earn a living somehow. Use what you have, and you'll never want.

Yehbutnobut Tue 21-Jan-20 14:19:42

Or Charles May not choose to be called Charles the Third.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jan-20 14:15:38

jura2 since the baby milk scandal in China, most UK chemists and supermarkets limit the amount of boxes of formula that can be purchased in any one transaction.

Callistemon Tue 21-Jan-20 14:02:40

You could say he was milking his royal connections.

I suppose he has to make the most of it before Harry and Meghan hit the ground running.

Sorry, can't be bothered to clutch my pearls.