Gransnet forums

News & politics

Latest on Harry and Meghan

(1001 Posts)
ExD1938 Fri 14-Feb-20 13:36:52

I am disgusted by the announcement that these two have sacked 15 British members of staff. What are they thinking?
I ask myself 'how would I feel if I'd upped sticks and gone to another country out of loyalty to my employer, only for them to get rid of me 3 months later.
I would be heartbroken and furious.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 17:22:59

I don’t bash, I respect opinions which differ from mine, I cannot respect posts which attack fellow posters

paddyanne is a republican , she criticise the royal family, not
posters, I respect her views.

Pantglas2 Tue 10-Mar-20 17:22:27

Well they’re going soon to their happy ever after, leaving William and Kate to carry on which suits most royalists just fine, they’re doing a good job.

H&M will be as relevant as Duke and Duchess of Windsor were when he abdicated .....life in Britain will continue - no one is indispensable.

vegansrock Tue 10-Mar-20 17:21:59

I have not criticised anyone - just their comments.

lemongrove Tue 10-Mar-20 17:21:29

I actually agree with you paddyann although I also think that Jeremy Vine is out of touch (as well as being a silly man.)

annep1 Tue 10-Mar-20 17:20:19

Padfyanne Paddyanne

lemongrove Tue 10-Mar-20 17:19:51

The comments you have made vegan are about GN forum members ...
Big difference to posters criticising a public figure.

annep1 Tue 10-Mar-20 17:19:16

I totally agree with Paddyanne .And I don't want to hear the advantages of a monarchy yet again. My hands are covering my ears - same as those who refuse to actually really think about what Padfyanne is saying..

vegansrock Tue 10-Mar-20 17:08:50

Please feel free to bash any nasty spiteful comments you believe I have made. I suspect they are merely a reaction to others’ nasty spiteful comments about the Duchess of Sussex, not based on my interpretation of a photo or belief in that persons’ motivations based on spurious evidence. I would also like to suggest any comments I have made are outweighed by the continuous barrage of unpleasantness shown by many on here.

maddyone Tue 10-Mar-20 16:45:28

vegansrock
Perhaps it would be fair if some posters ‘bashed’ your ‘nasty, spiteful comments.’ You’ve made enough of them.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 16:44:23

Agree maddy

maddyone Tue 10-Mar-20 16:43:17

mumofmadboys
If there is another thread about H+M, perhaps it would be a good idea for you to avoid it since you dislike this one. I’m sure there are plenty of other threads that would interest you.

maddyone Tue 10-Mar-20 16:40:45

Lemon
I agree with you, I think the posters who are criticising other posters are not prepared to accept the opinions of others without being rude or even childish. However whatever they say, I will not change my opinion of Meghan’s behaviour, nor for that matter do I expect them to change theirs. Comments such as the one about Gransnetters being like woman sitting knitting by the guillotine aren’t discussion, they’re pointless and childish.

mumofmadboys Tue 10-Mar-20 16:38:57

I sincerely hope this is the last H and M thread. Will be glad when it reaches 1000!

paddyanne Tue 10-Mar-20 16:15:30

the Jeremy Vine show this morning had a section about whether or not "we" ( dont count me in this) should BEG Mand H to stay in England I assume they meant the UK but you can never tell with Vine.There was a divided opinion but I was surprised at how many thought that begging them was the right thing to do never mind begging ...it beggers belief that ordinary fiolk are so invested in monarchy they would lose all dignity and beg someone they've never met,who couldn't care less about them to stay.Its the 21st century for goodness sake ...not mediaeval times ,monarchy is out of date and definately out of touch with these ordinary folk

tickingbird Tue 10-Mar-20 16:04:25

ananimous yesterday 20:30 I’ve only just looked. Brilliant! Made me lough out loud and nearly wet my knickers!! ??

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 15:56:46

There can be a second thread lemon ?

pollyperkins Tue 10-Mar-20 15:56:41

I’m sorry I’m not glued to this thread. Just take a look occasionally. And I’m not a Harry & Meghan worshipper either. I just find the continual criticism of this couple on several threads incredible, unjustified and vindictive. I don’t understand what they’ve done to deserve this treatment.
Right, I’m off now!

lemongrove Tue 10-Mar-20 15:50:12

Good post eazybee ??

I think the few posters who are glued to this thread and criticising posters who are criticising H &M ? just enjoy a barney.

Nearly 1,000 posts now!

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 15:42:00

Why is bashing from you acceptable vegansrock ?

vegansrock Tue 10-Mar-20 15:35:35

I haven’t bashed any posters, I’ve bashed some of their nasty spiteful comments.

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 15:29:13

Yes I could Summerlove

Summerlove Tue 10-Mar-20 15:26:38

You could always start that thread Annie

Anniebach Tue 10-Mar-20 15:24:56

I think the monarchy is modernising . William and Kate play
games with children, bake with children. This wasn’t done when the queen and Charles were in their thirties.

There are far fewer family members carrying out official duties. There were many more in the early days of the Queens
reign. She had four children, they married and carried out royal duties.

When William becomes Prince of Wales there will be fewer
working royals.

I think it’s a pity there is never a thread about the official
duties carried out by working royals.

sodapop Tue 10-Mar-20 15:22:19

I agree with your comment pinkquartz she spreads hurt wherever she goes .

Greymar Tue 10-Mar-20 15:15:18

oops, sorry for typos.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion