Gransnet forums

News & politics

What else could we outsource to China?

(22 Posts)
growstuff Mon 17-Feb-20 12:45:41

Chinese TV streamed the building of the hospital 24 hours a day. It was a massive propaganda exercise.

MaizieD Mon 17-Feb-20 12:34:41

Got it now, Charleygirl grin

I should have re-read the thread...blush

trisher Mon 17-Feb-20 12:10:31

Charleygirl5 Win. win situation grin

mokryna Mon 17-Feb-20 12:05:12

I don't know which is more scary, the virus or a Chinese hospital built in a fortnight in an earthquake region.

Charleygirl5 Mon 17-Feb-20 12:02:38

trisher little or no paperwork when that happens.

trisher Mon 17-Feb-20 11:54:46

The Chinese could solve that one I'm sure MaizieD. Disappeared???

Charleygirl5 Mon 17-Feb-20 11:53:56

MaisieD this would be after SirChenJin's comment.

MaizieD Mon 17-Feb-20 11:44:19

I'm not clear how making prisoners serve their full term would lead to fewer inmates hmm

Charleygirl5 Mon 17-Feb-20 11:41:30

Oopsadaisy I would like to go one better and go the whole hog, redoing every road and pavement in Britain but not with sub standard material which starts to break down after the first rainfall.

Our prison service- we would have fewer inmates and no TVs in each cell. 30 years would mean that, not out after 10 years because the cell is required.

paddyanne Sun 16-Feb-20 20:39:29

seems to be some double standards from Boris and co. (I know thats unheard of..lol)There was outrage when Nicola Sturgeon spoke to the chinese about Scotrail amongst other business .Now its just fine...as long as its WM who are doing the deed !

EllanVannin Sun 16-Feb-20 20:37:31

Finish building the Royal ( new hospital ) in Liverpool. They built one in under two weeks ! They've been over two years scratching their behinds here.

SirChenjin Sun 16-Feb-20 20:35:15

Criminal justice. Taken to the killing fields and bullet through the heart to be paid for by the convicted person’s family. Three cheers for China hmm

Elegran Sun 16-Feb-20 20:14:44

Maisie If Boris is ready to have the NHS run for a profit by commercial interests far to our west, he won't be phased by handing all our infrastructure to a nation far to the east. He who pulls the strings of the puppet calls the tune, and sooner or later we would become a satellite of one or other of them.

Welshwife Sun 16-Feb-20 19:53:46

Hinckley Point is not doing too well in financial terms - costs escalating, time - taking way too long , doubt it will ever work etc etc. Not a good example of Chinese co operation and the plant itself is for EDF.

trisher Sun 16-Feb-20 19:52:05

I'd forgotten that varian.

MaizieD Sun 16-Feb-20 19:50:33

Goodness me, Elegran! Even the EU didn't control all that lot?

varian Sun 16-Feb-20 19:47:03

I think that Hinkley Point nuclear power station in Somerset, currently the largest building project in Europe, is funded by the Chinese.

Elegran Sun 16-Feb-20 17:41:35

Might as well go the whole hog - let them do passports, taxes, electoral rolls, NHS, education, local government - everything that makes us an independent country. Only one small administrative step then to becoming a minor cog in China's wheel.
Taking control? What of?

Chewbacca Sun 16-Feb-20 17:33:57

Buses. The very few we have are sparse, irregular and, when they do turn up, they're filthy.

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 16-Feb-20 17:30:02

Maybe they could also bring back the many local Railway Stations that were closed after Mr Beechings report, they could do it on their way up North with HS2, join it all up as they go along.

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 16-Feb-20 17:28:02

Potholes, most of ours were ‘repaired’ but the holes have reopened and are twice as deep as they were before.

trisher Sun 16-Feb-20 17:04:37

The Chinese have are saying they could bring HS2 in for less money in 5 years time. As they've already got a massive stake in our new 5G can you think of any other things we could sell them ? I was wondering if we should let them reorganise the H of Lords.