Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Harry & Boris Johnson

(54 Posts)
Griselda Mon 09-Mar-20 20:16:21

I was very disappointed to see Prince Harry blank Boris Johnson at the start of the commonwealth service today.
I am not the greatest fan of Johnson, but Harry should at least be polite to the man who is the leader of this country. At the beginning of a church service compounds it somehow.

Anniebach Thu 12-Mar-20 10:50:30

And move penguins. Best he stick to script writers , it’s quite
sad really. He is like a child trying to act grown up.

maddyone Thu 12-Mar-20 10:45:29

And from being duped into speaking to these two pranksters, it rather shows he doesn’t appear to have good judgment.
General knowledge isn’t all that either, apparently he agreed to take a boat from Belarus!

Anniebach Thu 12-Mar-20 10:41:33

Agree maddy

What is so amusing, they complain about the costs of the
working royals and applaud Harry for opting out but still
taking the money.

maddyone Thu 12-Mar-20 10:28:18

I think many .of them already are Annie.

Anniebach Thu 12-Mar-20 10:14:25

Republicans must be rejoicing

maddyone Thu 12-Mar-20 10:08:06

And now we have the hoax phone calls to Prince Harry, which certainly expose Harry’s naivety and also the consequences of him no longer taking advice from Buckingham Palace. The American advisory teams that H+M have employed have shown that they are unfit for purpose in that Prince Harry has been duped not once, but twice. The RF must be wondering what Harry as a loose cannon will do next.

maddyone Thu 12-Mar-20 09:40:02

Nanmsnanny
Thank you, I’ll try to watch it online.

Summerlove Wed 11-Mar-20 23:37:55

You’ve missed my point quite completely.

Have at it then

Namsnanny Wed 11-Mar-20 23:16:32

There is a video on youtube maddyone not very good at links sorry!

maddyone Wed 11-Mar-20 23:06:11

I didn’t manage to see the service, only caught up with the photos online and the comments on here. I wish I’d been able to watch, but couldn’t as I had an appointment. I wish I’d heard Anthony Joshua speak as clearly you ladies found it inspiring.

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 21:17:13

True merlot

merlotgran Wed 11-Mar-20 20:58:31

We could do with hearing a bit more from Anthony Joshua.

There's your inspiration - not writing on bananas.

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 20:54:32

Yes GrannyLaine he did speak from the heart, it was so
moving.

Iam64 Wed 11-Mar-20 20:44:45

I didn't see the news. I read earlier that in the fake hoax call, Harry spoke positively about Mr Johnson.

GrannyLaine Wed 11-Mar-20 20:41:23

I thought Anthony Joshua spoke beautifully and from the heart. When he was interviewed beforehand, he claimed he wasn't much of a speaker. He was wrong about that.

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 18:56:12

Yes, I remember you posted GrannyLaine but the axe grinding started

GrannyLaine Wed 11-Mar-20 18:52:47

Anniebach I agree, there were many positive comments about components of the service, I commented about the change to the processional arrangements and about the Queen. The problem is the perennial one where those with an axe to grind latch onto the last few posts on a thread and ignore what has gone before.

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 18:50:44

I haven’t seen the papers eazybee , there was no interest on
the news after the service, just repeated shots of who sat where,who spoke who didn’t.

Pity , it was a lovely service .

eazybee Wed 11-Mar-20 18:45:16

Sorry, Anniebach, I didn't see any, and I saw nothing in the papers this morning other than the strained expressions of the Royal family.

Grany Wed 11-Mar-20 18:42:33

Should our cash strapped councils pay for a Royal visits around the UK

57% told YouGov that the royals should fund the costs of a royal visit to their local area.

You can sign petition
Clear majority want the royals to pay

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 17:50:49

Same for me maddy , I criticise politicians as do many , I don’t know them, I critcise Megan and Harry for what they say
and do, no difference.

maddyone Wed 11-Mar-20 17:41:07

summerlove
I haven’t gone out of my way to criticise public figures, I take it you mean Harry and Meghan, I have criticised what Meghan has done. I understand that you approve of what she has done, please understand that I do not approve of what Meghan has done. I haven’t tried to change your mind, and I don’t expect anyone to try to change my mind, nor do I appreciate being castigated for holding an opinion which others do not agree with, and on some H+M threads this has happened. It is simply unacceptable, and will be responded to.

Anniebach Wed 11-Mar-20 16:32:12

There were posts yesterday about the service, the speakers, the
hymns , the Queen.

POGS Wed 11-Mar-20 16:18:33

Oh dear if not nipped in the bud this could be another thread GN could threaten to delete of not careful.

Irony could also be seen as posters not engaging in the reason behind a thread but come onto a thread solely to post about irony / chastise an individual posters by saying

'But it’s ok to be aggressive online about people you don’t know?'

' I just find it ironic to comment about how you dislike it so much and then go ahead and do it.'

GN can be very confusing under the pot and kettle scenario.

POGS Wed 11-Mar-20 16:01:19

eazybee

'Nothing about the service, its purpose, and the people involved at all.'
-

Well said.

The Queen has always been noted for her resolute love and regard for the Commonwealth countries and Institutions. It was indeed a pity that there was so little recognition of what and why there was a service.

That' s a sad reflection on how inane media of all kinds have become.