Gransnet forums

News & politics

Princess Anne shows how it should be done!

(11 Posts)
Namsnanny Sat 18-Apr-20 02:37:48

www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/04princess-anne-opens-up-about-her-lifetime-as-a-royal

In my opinion this article is so refreshing to read!

I wondered if others might like to read it too?

Some quotes I rather enjoyed:

'It's not her legacy that matters, (she said), but whether the organization as a whole has achieved the difference it intended to.

'It's not about box ticking, it's about serving'

It took her 10 years of working on behalf of the charity Save the Children, to feel confident enough contribute towards public debate.

She is worried that the younger generation of royals (mentioning no names) may be in too much of a hurry to change the royal family's tried and tested approach when it comes to philanthropy.

'I don't think this younger generation understands …. Nowadays they are much more looking for a new way.'

She is such an antithesis to all the bull talked about the RF.

I'm not good at links, hope it works, smile!!

JackyB Sat 18-Apr-20 06:37:40

The link didn't work for me unfortunately.

Calendargirl Sat 18-Apr-20 07:18:41

70 this year, but you wouldn’t think so with her work ethic. Just keeps carrying on, carrying on.

Not bothered about being popular, or a clothes horse, just does her job.

Great example of what the RF should be.

NfkDumpling Sat 18-Apr-20 07:44:44

I couldn’t open it directly and had to go in via uk.news.yahoo.com/princess-anne-covers-vanity-fair-141557024.html

Anniebach Sat 18-Apr-20 08:33:01

There are only four young royals and only two are working
royals.

Chewbacca Sat 18-Apr-20 09:11:35

wink Annie

sodapop Sat 18-Apr-20 09:15:13

I have always admired Princess Anne for her no nonsense approach. Yes she can be outspoken at times but works so hard for her charities.

Namsnanny Sat 18-Apr-20 12:20:49

Sorry JackyB the link didn't work :-(

Thanks NfkDumpling for supplying the other one

I found her approach to life as a royal and in general, to be such an antithesis against the noisy attention seeking trouble makers of the last couple of years.

Anniebach … Yes you're right, which makes what she said so much more pertinent.
Clearly, for her to speak out about the difficulties experienced (with H&M?), shows the level of frustration, as she's not known for giving a lot of interviews.

If some one on the 'inside' can allude to where the problems lie, then I think the credibility of the argument against the behaviour of H&M stands.....and isn't for one minute bullying.

oldgimmer1 Sat 18-Apr-20 12:29:49

I like her. She's no-nonsense, tough and talented in her own right. She doesn't court publicity and doesn't suffer fools.

She's one of the few members of the Firm who is a role model imho.

Anniebach Sat 18-Apr-20 12:51:44

Namsnanny yes she is not one for giving interviews and I think it is obvious why she has given one now.

This I do know 100% but cannot say how I know, Anne adores
her parents.

She has remained silent throughout all the flack
they endured in the Diana years , but now the antics of
H & M , their attacks on the monarchy and hurt caused to
her parents has caused her to speak out.

PamelaJ1 Sat 18-Apr-20 13:02:55

I have great admiration for Princess Anne, it is such a shame, for her and the royal family that she feels she has to speak out.
Thank goodness for William and Kate.