Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris and Carrie have a son

(178 Posts)
gillybob Wed 29-Apr-20 10:05:49

Just had a news flash that Boris and Carrie have been delivered of a son .

I hope I’m wrong and have lost track of time , but it does seem very early ?

I do hope he is okay .

GregorKV Fri 08-May-20 21:41:45

Congratulations :-)

Dinahmo Fri 01-May-20 11:51:58

Does anybody think that the proud parents get to read these comments. I was reminded this morning of public books of condolence where the numbers of people signing are announced. Do we have public books of congratulation?

Jabberwok Fri 01-May-20 10:19:13

An unpleasant comment from you Ww2, sadly totally predictable!
Perhaps they'll surprise us all and call him Peter, or Michael or Thomas! We shall all know in good time.

gillybob Fri 01-May-20 09:53:14

I think most men most be the same Calli completely uninterested in the “minor details” such as weight, name or sex. Whereas we women like to get the whole picture .

I’m warming to Hugo . I doubt whether Carrie will want her son to have a weird name . Not that I know her personally of course .

Chestnut Fri 01-May-20 09:46:18

I think they should call him Apollo after his father the Sun God.

MissAdventure Thu 30-Apr-20 18:59:13

I don't think saying "Oh that's nice" gives Boris, his mistresses, affairs, or that abortion priority over anyone's own family.

Fennel Thu 30-Apr-20 18:53:18

And like me, Callistemon.
A close friend told me that on Monday her DiL was at last delivered of a very big healthy baby boy after a long labour and an emergency caesarian.
We need to get things in proportion.
Which is more important - our own and friend's families or those of our leading politiicians and royal families?

maddyone Thu 30-Apr-20 18:49:29

And like mine Callistemon

Oopsminty Thu 30-Apr-20 18:13:12

I think they might call him Hugo

Oopsminty Thu 30-Apr-20 18:07:14

Sounds just like my husband, Callistemon!

Jabberwok Thu 30-Apr-20 18:03:45

Callistemon ????

Callistemon Thu 30-Apr-20 18:01:16

This reminds me of times when DH reports that the DC or DGC of someone he knows has had their baby.

Him: 'So and so has had the baby'
Me: 'everything all right?'
Him: 'I suppose so'
Me: 'oh, is it a boy or girl?'
Him: 'I don't know'
Me: 'how heavy?'
Him: 'I don't know'
Me: 'Do they have a name yet?'

Him, exasperated: 'I don't know! it's just a baby'

trisher Thu 30-Apr-20 17:53:12

Maybe they will call it Dominic? After he who must be obeyed!

MissAdventure Thu 30-Apr-20 14:43:10

Me too.
Once I know, I'll lose interest.

I'm hoping they'll come up with something wonderful.

Grandma70s Thu 30-Apr-20 14:14:53

My main interest in this baby is what they will call it. I’m always very interested in names.

vegansrock Thu 30-Apr-20 13:22:45

Of course Carrie deserves health and happiness, but whether that is the cause for national celebration is another point. I don't envy Mr J having a teenager when he is in his 70s though of course he may see as much of this child as his other offspring.

Niobe Thu 30-Apr-20 12:46:17

Whatever we think of Boris ( and I am not a fan) people need to remember that it’s Carrie’s first baby and she does deserve joy and congratulations as does any new mother.

gillybob Thu 30-Apr-20 12:40:29

Thank you MissA grin

I have had my current surname for the longest now, so I think I might stick with it...… won't tell DH though as I like to keep him on his toes.

Callistemon Thu 30-Apr-20 12:38:30

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Or she

MissAdventure Thu 30-Apr-20 12:37:07

Well, you'd get my vote, you colourful person! smile

gillybob Thu 30-Apr-20 12:35:26

I think the press would be very bored with me as a politician trisher (hypothetically speaking) . My "skelingtons" are well and truly out of the cupboard, in actual fact they were never really in there.

Its common knowledge that I have been divorced, widowed and a single parent twice over if you see what I mean . My hospital records make interesting reading as I have had 4 different names in my 58 years . grin

Jabberwok Thu 30-Apr-20 11:47:09

Time will tell!!

trisher Thu 30-Apr-20 11:40:39

gillybob do you think that if you stood as a politician (and I realise you have no intention of doing so, this is hypothetical) your personal life would be seen as unacceptable by party selection committees? I imagine because you are female it would be. I would hope as well that your experiences would not lead you to condemn single parents or working mothers. BJ has done both. I really don't mind how anyone lives their lives with the proviso that they don't tell others how to live theirs and do as little damage to those close to them as they possibly can.
Let's hope he does learn Iam64 but I'm very much afraid he won't.

maddyone Thu 30-Apr-20 11:31:31

Well said gillybob and Iam64
BJ is the Prime Minister, I don’t think he’s ever said that anyone should regard his private life as an example to follow. He’s not a criminal, like many Gransnetters he has been married twice and he has children by different partners. He has settled down now with Carrie and she seems to me to fairly grounded. Good luck to them.

Iam64 Thu 30-Apr-20 10:33:19

Well said gillybob, your family is a reflection of so many of us. In the recent past I commented negatively on Mr Js lack of loyalty in his previous marriages. People can and do change, here's hoping he and Carrie make a stable happy family for their son.
On your next comment, about the celebration of the fact this man was so recently in ITU therefore he may have died but is recovering well and is the father to a healthy baby -why not treat that as a joyous occasion