Gransnet forums

News & politics

Dear Mr Chief Accountant

(6 Posts)
Sussexborn Sun 17-May-20 17:09:37

www.dailymail.co.uk/money/experts/article-8326131/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Mr-Chief-Accountant-doesnt-exist.html

Nellie098 Sun 17-May-20 17:59:53

I have just finished reading this article and although it was exceedingly frustrating for those concerned, and thankfully now resolved, it did make me laugh for its sheer stupidity.

Sussexborn Sun 17-May-20 18:06:26

My friend had a similar experience when her OH died and she was attempting to put the service accounts into her name. The young man kept insisting he had to speak to her OH! Eventually she asked to speak to a supervisor who immediately told her the young man was right!

MamaCaz Sun 17-May-20 18:21:36

You couldn't make it up, could you!

I have found myself in some extremely frustrating situations trying to deal with service providers, but not as bad as that.
While it is crazy enough to be funny, I can only too well imagine myself in that situation and just the thought makes my stress levels rise.

Loislovesstewie Sun 17-May-20 18:24:25

I read this article today; I suspect that the person concerned thought they were in some recurring nightmare . How do organizations manage to get themselves in such a stupid situation?

phoenix Sun 17-May-20 18:36:36

Been there, done that, got the T shirt, shrunk it in the wash!

When my boss died, I had very similar conversations with various companies, tempted to press charges for raised blood pressure!

Who remembers that scene in Fawlty Towers?

"Manuel, please try to understand before one of us dies"..........