Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump is a loose cannon

(23 Posts)
vampirequeen Tue 19-May-20 08:11:04

So the orange toddler strikes again. Now he's announced that he takes a malaria drug to prevent catching coronavirus even though the medical professionals have warned that firstly it doesn't work against coronavirus and secondly it could cause heart problems and even death.

But who will his supporters listen to? Well they haven't listened to the medical professionals up to now. He certainly doesn't but then he doesn't really care what others say if they don't agree with him. He's right and they're wrong every time.

It will lead to shortages and problems for people who actually need this medication for malaria and lupus but who cares as long as he's OK.

Then surprise, surprise it turns out that his family trust owns shares in the companies that make this medication. Call me a cynic but this is just Trump seeing another way to use his Presidency to make an easy buck.

sodapop Tue 19-May-20 08:29:35

I didn't know that vampirequeen of course we are not the least bit cynical about this.

I also read that his son thinks Covid is a ploy to stop the elections and it will mysteriously disappear later.

lemongrove Tue 19-May-20 10:21:47

Perhaps if his hair falls out that will convince him to stop taking it!
Seriously though, the man is delusional ( probably is anyway)
If if he thinks it will protect him. I just hope nobody will be tempted to do the same.

Callistemon Tue 19-May-20 10:35:51

Does he take it with a swig of bleach?

Daisymae Tue 19-May-20 11:19:17

I believe that some of his acolytes and Republican donors have big stakes in the manufacturing company. Not that would have any bearing on the current situation

Jane43 Tue 19-May-20 12:20:03

Vampire queen, you have confirmed what I suspected from the first time Trump started touting this drug some weeks ago. He really is beneath contempt, completely driven by money and self interest. I recommend the episode of Dirty Money featuring him (on Netflix) and there is an episode on Jared Kushner who, despite his angelic looks, is equally unscrupulous.

EllanVannin Tue 19-May-20 12:25:55

A sandwich short of a picnic ! Putting it mildly.
His megalomania has taken over his brain completely, the man is ill.

Jane43 Tue 19-May-20 12:28:11

Lemongrove the first time Trump started promoting this a couple from Arizona found a bottle of aquarium cleaner which contained the drug and decided to take some of it, the man later died. This shows how some Trump supporters are completely taken in by his ridiculous claims.

Luckygirl Tue 19-May-20 12:31:54

A strange orange man is the POTUS
A puzzle to this budding poetess
Using just the one brain cell
He offers us Dettol
What can they be thinking, these voters?

BlueBelle Tue 19-May-20 12:31:56

Of course he’s not really taking it he just wants others to take it to boost the sales and unhappily there will always be some poor saps that follow his every word
Evil

vampirequeen Tue 19-May-20 13:11:59

People will and have already died due to his promoting of this drug and have been injured by drinking bleach. The man has no empathy for anyone. He described nurses going into battle and risking their lives in the hospitals as 'beautiful'. How can people risking their lives for anything be 'beautiful'?

He's a narcissistic psychopath yet his voting base can't see it. Not long ago a supporter was asked if there was anything that he could do that would stop her voting for him. The reporter suggested a situation.....Trump walks out onto 5th Avenue and randomly shoots people....without a thought she said that she would still vote for him.

Rosalyn69 Tue 19-May-20 15:31:24

I agree with vampirequeen.
I think he’s dangerous.

Sussexborn Tue 19-May-20 15:41:56

The Texan who comes to our lunch group made a definite choice to stay in the UK. He and his English late wife came here to live when she was diagnosed with cancer.

He often repeats that all the young of his generation in the town he grew up in, attended University but still maintains that Trump is the best thing to happen to America.

Blinko Tue 19-May-20 15:52:44

He is surely deranged...

Blinko Tue 19-May-20 15:53:05

Trump, that is.

AGAA4 Tue 19-May-20 16:00:02

I wonder what he will come up with next to cure coronavirus?

Bathing in creosote maybe.

Riverwalk Tue 19-May-20 17:08:01

He really does get more extraordinary by the day!

MissAdventure Tue 19-May-20 17:11:34

He's off his trolley.

Blinko Tue 19-May-20 19:25:03

Trump walks out onto 5th Avenue and randomly shoots people....without a thought she said that she would still vote for him.

But some people feel like that about Boris. No, really!

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jun-20 10:39:40

Turns out Trump was given good advice!!

The Lancet was working off old, incorrect data. So yet once again, a group was hellbent on making Trump look stupid for suggesting something, and once again he was proven right.

??

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jun-20 10:42:40

Actually, worrying that The Lancet would publish something without checking the data integrity, when so many medical staff rely on their publication, hope they do not turn in to a tabloid publication!

Urmstongran Fri 05-Jun-20 10:48:09

Ha! Apparently The Lancet has not been shy in revealing its TDS. On 16 May it published an editorial that demanded "Americans must put a president in the White House come January, 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics."

Oh, the irony. If this false data was published in order to further anti Trump rhetoric! How many lives have potentially be lost as a result? Investigation, please.

vampirequeen Sat 06-Jun-20 20:43:07

Are you talking about the anti malaria drug, drinking/intravenous bleach or an internal lighting system?

The anti-malarial has again been shown to have no effect on the corona virus but can have nasty/dangerous side effects for the patient.