Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where is Johnson?

(93 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:01:35

Apart from PMQs when he is more or less forced to turn up to be humiliated, where is he the rest of the time?

This country totally lacks leadership.

Furret Wed 03-Jun-20 20:11:00

That was a classic riposte WW2 I nearly inhaled my cup of tea!

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jun-20 14:38:57

Poor old Johnson couldn’t hack Starmer’s questions at PMQ’s and complained that Starmer kept attacking him.

Starmer

“The prime minister is confusing scrutiny for attack”

MaizieD Wed 03-Jun-20 14:27:56

Well, if it is an 'aid' in PMQs it didn't do him much good, did it?

Yes, Johnson did say that he's proud of 50,000 deaths and complete shambles over just about every aspect of the government handling of the Covid crisis. But it appears that he wasn't in control at the time... He will be now, though.

Worrying, Johnson 'taking control' could really mean Cummings. What fresh hell is there to come?

MayBee70 Wed 03-Jun-20 14:20:30

Did he actually say in parliament today that he was proud of how the government had handled the pandemic?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jun-20 14:20:28

The question on twitter , is whether this is an earpiece used as an aid during PMQs?

Daisymae Wed 03-Jun-20 09:21:23

The BBC news last night was just one government failing after another. There's no where to hide with these appalling stats. However those in charge really don't give a fig, get Brexit done then check out. I think that there must be some personal responsibility and liability.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jun-20 08:53:51

Too many 0s!! 50000

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jun-20 08:42:06

Johnson is only willing to take the stage when he thinks there is good news to be announced. This week he has been invisible because it has been so disastrous.

The death toll passed 500000

Professor Ferguson warned the virus is spilling into the community from care homes and hospitals because test and trace is so dismal

Calls for action from the government to prevent the excess deaths in the BAME community appears to have fallen on deaf ears apart from the usual rhetoric.

Head of U.K. statistics has accused Johnson’s government of misleading the public

Cummings factor is still bubbling beneath the surface, and won’t go away as Johnson hopes

Whitty vetoed Johnson attempt as reducing the alert level to 3.
He said that transmission is still high or rising exponentially.

Daisymae Wed 03-Jun-20 08:42:05

Which would lead you to ask the question of who is in control? The government is in disarray. At a time of national crisis. Surely the government could find a grown up to get to the helm?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:23:13

I see the Telegraph is still banging on about Johnson. Confidence has collapsed in his government so guess what?

Apparently Johnson has decided to take control.

Furret Wed 03-Jun-20 03:11:05

???

MayBee70 Wed 03-Jun-20 03:05:08

'Boris Johnson is to take "direct control" of the Government's handling of the coronavirus crisis after a chaotic fortnight in which his chief aide was accused of breaking the lockdown rules and the Government's test and trace plans were hit by setbacks.
A shake-up in Downing Street will see the Government's entire approach to the pandemic run by two centrally-run committees, covering strategy and operational delivery'.....
..from the Telegraph. He's coming to save us...hurrah..we'll be alright now, won't we confused….

growstuff Wed 03-Jun-20 00:39:14

He'll hang on until it's too late to ask for a Brexit transition, then he'll resign and get somebody else to try to sort out the sh*t. It will be an impossible task, so we plebs will all suffer.

MissAdventure Tue 02-Jun-20 23:33:32

Cummings has been named in the sex discrimination case.

Perhaps that will bring boris out of his hide hole.

Daisymae Tue 02-Jun-20 23:25:59

BBC news tonight contained lots of need stories that were critical of the government. Just where is the PM?? Shouldn't he be dealing with this?

varian Mon 25-May-20 19:54:19

But just how do we get rid of these appalling people?

MayBee70 Mon 25-May-20 19:41:00

Johnson says it’s up to us to make our own minds up. Well, I think a lot of people have. Dead man walking.....or possibly even two men if Johnson continues to defend him.

varian Mon 25-May-20 19:40:27

I expect some fools will be taken in, but most folk will see it for what it is.

MissAdventure Mon 25-May-20 19:37:57

I don't think they are going to be drawn into any more discussion.

We're expected to pretend to believe all this codswallop.

varian Mon 25-May-20 19:37:35

The man has always been an embarrassment. I remember him as Mayor of London making a toe-curling embarrassing speech at the end of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

It is beyond embarrassing that he is now our PM.

Just one of the reasons that the UK is now a laughing stock around the world.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 25-May-20 19:36:21

Johnson looks a busted flush to me.

MissAdventure Mon 25-May-20 19:29:01

Oh dear, boris.

MayBee70 Mon 25-May-20 19:27:57

He’s not fit, full stop. Today’s daily briefing is car crash. The man is an embarrassment.

EllanVannin Mon 25-May-20 18:51:42

I don't think BJ is fully fit at all. In some pics he looks as though he's been dug up.
The odd interviews he's had he was heavily made up as most of them are under lights and cameras, but the man is still unwell. His blubber doesn't help either.

It takes weeks to get over this virus and in some cases, months so I wouldn't be expecting much output from him for a while.

varian Mon 25-May-20 18:35:36

He is obviously not fit enough to have engaged his moral compass - if he ever had one.