Gransnet forums

News & politics

Meghan's Speech

(233 Posts)
merlotgran Thu 04-Jun-20 09:23:07

I would have applauded this speech had Meghan been an A list celebrity in her own right and not used her marriage to a member of the RF as a leg up on to the platform she now occupies.

Now she's back in LA where she always wanted to be, she's in the thick of massive racist issues involving violent demonstrations. It seems it was ever thus in the USA.

I couldn't help thinking back to her self pitying comments about racism in the UK. Now we're caught up in the turmoil caused by an act of racist violence in her own country where she fled to 'escape' her unfair treatment over here. hmm

Lucca Sun 07-Jun-20 17:46:23

Janipat you say I’m quite happy to read vitriol towards Kate. Am I ? How do you know ?
I think there was one post saying something a bit unkind about Kate. One post. And agreed maybe the turn of phrase used was not nice but seriously how does that compare to the hundreds of posts against Meghan?

Furret Mon 08-Jun-20 07:13:25

Chewbacca i would expect nothing less from you. My post was altered but if you enjoy jumping on bandwagons and supporting your buddies in falsehoods so be it. Where is Eglantine?

Sparkling Mon 08-Jun-20 07:24:41

Everything is about her favourite subject, her, always acting, poor me in her ivory Tower. I can't watch her anymore or Harry.

Furret Mon 08-Jun-20 07:27:50

Lucca it was a tad unkind I agree but you have just made my point for me. The fact that I do find Kate irritating and somewhat nauseating, and William too, is nothing compared with the vitriol thrown at poor Meghan.

Her private live is ripped apart, her relationship with her father open to everyone’s opinion, it is intimated she leads Harry around by the nose, she was even slagged off for patting her bump when pregnant and so on and on and on.

Yes, I dare to express an opinion about Kate, without ripping into her private life, her background, her personal relationships, to make a point. Got it Janipat ? See the point I’m making?

Lucca Mon 08-Jun-20 10:13:09

Yes Sparkling I think that may just have been said before......

Chewbacca Mon 08-Jun-20 10:22:24

Nah, not accepting that Furret. I've read and reread your post and the only alteration that Janipat made was to embolden a part of your post. She neither altered, nor amended, the wording or context of your post and it's still there for everyone to see.
So come on, put your big girl pants on and own your post! No more deflection, hypocrisy or whataboutery please. wink

Bridgeit Mon 08-Jun-20 16:27:33

Why does it matter? If the message is the same message.

I have a roof over my head thankfully, does that mean I shouldn’t speak up for or try to help someone who does not.
If MM succeeds in improving or shining a bigger spotlight on issues that need addressing , should we not accept that as an asset.? It seems we must always be looking for the negatives to criticise. We don’t have to like a person, but we can acknowledge that they are attempting to do something positive & good. Nothing else is important really.