Gransnet forums

News & politics

Epstein/Maxwell/Prin ce Andrew

(345 Posts)
MawB Thu 02-Jul-20 15:11:11

The FBI has arrested British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, an ex-girlfriend of the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.
She was reportedly arrested in New Hampshire on charges related to Epstein and is due in federal court later.
She has apparently denied any involvement in or knowledge of Epstein's alleged sexual misconduct.
Epstein died in prison on 10 August as he awaited, without the chance of bail, his trial on sex trafficking charges.
He was arrested last year in New York following allegations that he was running a network of underage girls - some as young as 14 - for sex. His death was determined to be suicide.

Well, I wonder if this “plot is thickening” ?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 21-Jul-20 10:33:39

Iam64

I read this morning that an anti feminist male lawyer has been found dead, suicide by gunshot wounds it seems. He is thought to be the person dressed as a Delivery man who shot the husband and son of the Judge.

Blimey it is getting muddier and muddier.

Who on earth employs a lawyer as a contract killer?

What was the Epstein/ Deutsch bank case? I bet it was fraud on Epstein’s part he was known for fraud.

Iam64 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:51:50

I read this morning that an anti feminist male lawyer has been found dead, suicide by gunshot wounds it seems. He is thought to be the person dressed as a Delivery man who shot the husband and son of the Judge.

Grany Tue 21-Jul-20 08:17:44

The Husband and Son Of Judge Esther Salas — Who Was Assigned To A Jeffrey Epstein-Deustche Bank Case Four Days Ago — Both Shot At Family Home By Intruder Dressed As Delivery Man.

Grany Mon 20-Jul-20 19:11:16

Yes

Anniebach Mon 20-Jul-20 18:43:31

The Republican Campaign !

Grany Mon 20-Jul-20 17:32:04

Why we reported royal charities to the Charity Commission.

This will explain things.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SS75RdA8VyM&feature=youtu.be

Anniebach Mon 20-Jul-20 16:55:20

Grany it was reported when this decision was reached in March that Harry wanted to donate the money to Sentebale, I
am sure this can be checked.

Grany Mon 20-Jul-20 15:57:02

An audit or at the very least a financial investigation. Travalyst is a limited company, transferring funds from a charity.to a limited company isn't that laundering or at the very least, dodgy as hell.

Anniebach Mon 20-Jul-20 15:12:56

William and Harry agreed to split the funds from
The Diana Memorial Fund and donate the monies to their own favoured causes.

Jabberwok Mon 20-Jul-20 14:37:59

It's fairly obvious why P.A was not in the wedding photos!! It was the bride and grooms day, not an occasion for our impartial (?!)media to have to have another field day of speculation re: the Prince!

Jabberwok Mon 20-Jul-20 14:33:48

Allusions to Annie's daughter(s), even for you paddyann is inexcusable and you should be ashamed.

Ramblingrose22 Mon 20-Jul-20 14:20:04

Prince A is toxic now. He was probably at the wedding but the RF have to make sure he isn't seen in any photographs connected with them.

IMHO Prince A, not being very bright, allowed himself to remain a friend of Jeffrey Epstein (JE) for too long. Why he didn't withdraw from the friendship when JE was first accused of having sex with minors is beyond me.

I am not surprised his legal team want to prevent him from being interviewed after his performance being interviewed by Emily Maitlis. But the story will run and run unless he does more than offer a written statement.

I wonder where his security guards were when he was with JE and pals. They might have a story to tell......

Grany Mon 20-Jul-20 13:59:14

Harry and William do a deal to transfer £145,000 from a charity they aren't trustees of, to Harry's charity which is now closing down. The funds are now going to Harry's new non-charitable organisation Travalyst.

This isn't ok.

The Royals do well out of charity's PCharles hosting dinners but do The these various charities benefit.

It has been said that charities do not benefit from royal patronage nor do the Royals bring in tourists. So the question is What are the Royals good for?
Plus PAndrew was not in any wedding photos in the newspapers for some reason.

Eloethan Thu 16-Jul-20 00:28:14

I have heard it reported that Andrew's solicitors put forward the offer that he provide the American authorities with a written statement.

People who have had an association with a person convicted of a crime and who are also alleged to have been party to that crime do not generally have the luxury of merely providing a written statement (which would probably be drafted by a solicitor anyway). They usually have to attend a face-to-face interview to provide more details relating to the alleged crime and to the allegations made against them personally.

Granniesunite Wed 15-Jul-20 22:45:39

Abuse in all its forms destroys lives.

Our values, morals and our integrity as humans dictate what we hold dear, what we belive and how we behave.

We can't impose decency on those that aren't decent.

By his avoidance of cooperation in this awful matter Andrew is leaving himself wide open to debate.
He has the means and the professional help to shut it down but it seems he can't do that. Why?Speculation will continue till the truth is known.

Anniebach Wed 15-Jul-20 21:51:14

paddyanne do not speak of my daughters, do not

eazybee Wed 15-Jul-20 21:04:22

Prince Andrew should be interviewed here, as a witness.
He is not charged with an offence, although some people seem to believe he is guilty of arranging the enticement and transportation of these women.

Be very careful about suggesting who is a pervert.

paddyanne Wed 15-Jul-20 20:13:45

are you saying that Andrew shouldn't be questioned over the trafficking and abuse of countless young girls Annie ,would that be because he;s a member of the RF or do you believe young girls should just accept that abuse is "normal" and be honoured that they were chosen by such important people for sex?

Thats how you come across every time the abuse of young women is mentioned on here ,you prefer to thinks they all knew what they were getting into because they were ferried about in private planes and and posed for photos with perverts.Thats quite a strange attitude for a mother of girls to have !

Oldwoman70 Wed 15-Jul-20 19:02:34

I think bringing up the awful death of that young man is merely an effort to deflect from the purpose of this thread. Do I think Anne Secolas should be questioned by British Police, yes of course I do. However, as I keep saying she is a suspect and as such has the right to say nothing. PA is being asked to answer questions as a WITNESS. He should only refuse to answer questions if he thinks he will incriminate himself

Drum1234 Wed 15-Jul-20 18:02:58

This thread is about whether Prince Andrew should face questioning as a witness in America. It is not about whether Anne Secolas should face questioning here. To reason that she is not coming here therefore Prince Andrew should not go there is a flawed argument. I think most people would agree that he should go to America to be questioned, and she should come here to be questioned. But it doesn't mean that if one of them isn't questioned, the other one shouldn't be. If I committed an offence in London, and someone else committed an offence in my town, it would be a very weak argument that I shouldn't be questioned unless they were.

Ilovecheese Wed 15-Jul-20 17:02:16

What an earth makes you think you are the only person who wants justice for the boys family Anniebach The two cases are entirely separate. This country does not have to sink to the level of another system just to protect a member of the royal family.

Anniebach Wed 15-Jul-20 16:50:29

Not strange, I have given my opinion on the American Justice
System.

Would i put my faith in it ? No.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 15-Jul-20 15:27:24

Anniebach

True the two cases are not the same, a 19 year boy is dead , his parents grieving. Silly me to even think of justice for this family.

Strange thing to say?

Anniebach Wed 15-Jul-20 15:18:53

True the two cases are not the same, a 19 year boy is dead , his parents grieving. Silly me to even think of justice for this family.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 15-Jul-20 15:12:13

Right this is what she is being charged with, and anyone having seen the Epstein documentary won’t be surprised.

Conspiracy to entice minors to travel to engage in illicit sexual acts.

Conspiracy to transport minors with the intent to engage in illegal sexual acts

Conspiracy to transport minors to engage in criminal sexual activity

Perjury.

If convicted Maxwell faces 35 years in prison.

When facing arrest Maxwell tried to flee.

Maxwell is also not being forthcoming over her income. She maintains that her monthly income is zero.

Maxwell also said that she doesn’t know the name of the company that owns the house she is/was living in. Apparently she is “just permitted to live in the house”

However, an estate agent Involved in the properties sale said that a couple with British accents bought the house and the woman said her name was Janet Marshall. In fact it was Maxwell.

Maxwells lawyers argued that she might catch covid in prison, and it wasn’t fair (or some such nonsense)

Judge denied bail as Maxwell considered a high flight risk.