Gransnet forums

News & politics

Anyone else think Boris is still ill?

(136 Posts)
Sparklefizz Thu 09-Jul-20 09:47:08

Many people who have suffered Covid-19 badly are going on to suffer ME/CFS. I am an ME sufferer myself, and mine developed from a nasty virus 30 years ago. My husband and I both caught it - he got better and I never did.

Anyway ..... looking at Boris slumped next to Rishi Sunak yesterday - well, I thought Boris looked shattered, haggard and unwell, whereas Rishi looked full of vigour. Boris has returned to work because he has had to, but it's my opinion he is still far from well.

Anyone agree (whether you approve of him or not?)

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 19:01:55

Blister ?? I meant bluster.... still no answer from Sussex....surprise surprise.

suziewoozie Sat 11-Jul-20 18:47:08

Lucca surely you meant to post ‘he’s a proven liar’. ?

Iam64 Sat 11-Jul-20 18:40:26

It really is tedious, when accusations are made that have no links to reality.

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 18:12:23

And just by the way the reason people are not fans of Boris is not purely because he haS different political views, it’s because he is economical with the truth and extravagant with the blister and incompetence.

Apart from which we still,don’t have evidence frommSussexborn.

suziewoozie Sat 11-Jul-20 17:14:14

Sussex your post is beyond belief. Have the courage to come back and argue your case.

Dinahmo Sat 11-Jul-20 17:01:22

Sussexborn I can only think that you have led a very sheltered life. I've looked back over this thread and can find no one who wished Johnson ill. Several have remarked on the comments made by Raab and Hancock whilst he was in hospital and obviously in a worse condition that they lead us to believe.

Some people have suggested that he should resign because of his ill health. Several have disparaged his performance, unsurprisingly since it hasn't been that good since his return to parliament.

If anything, I think that your comment, as quoted by Lucca is completely out of order.

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 16:20:15

Lucca

Sussexborn. “ The spite and sheer venom is disgusting, wishing ill and even death, on another human being, purely because he holds different political views”

Where ? When ? Who ? Can you back this up ?

As usual. No answer.

vegansrock Sat 11-Jul-20 09:06:26

If he were my son I’d be off to my Greek villa...

Calendargirl Sat 11-Jul-20 08:27:17

Someone earlier said they would be worried if he were their son.

I suspect many of our sons would look tired, haggard, older, if they were PM at anytime, let alone now.

You only have to look at pictures of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, yes and Barack Obama, to see how much they aged when they held power.

MayBee70 Sat 11-Jul-20 07:26:57

I don’t think, if it was any other PM anyone would be doubting the seriousness of his illness. But the fact is that the man is known to be a liar and I find it impossible not to question everything that he claims to be fact. No one is questioning the integrity of the medical staff that looked after him.

Furret Sat 11-Jul-20 07:05:34

Of course we know he has been ill, and there is evidence emerging that this virus can cause irreversible changes in the brain structure and chemistry. So that is possible.

On the other hand Boris thought he had fulfilled his ambition to be PM, secure the keys to No.10 and would have a cosy ride with only a Brexit deal to cock-up. Instead he finds himself in over his head with a pandemic that requires a level of leadership he doesn’t have leading a cabinet of muppets.

So he could simply be sinking under the sudden realisation of his own stupidity.

Take you choice.

vegansrock Sat 11-Jul-20 06:52:39

I haven’t said he wasn’t seriously ill - just that we were lied to about it.
Anyway whatever, he looked like a sack of old spuds next to Sunak.

MaizieD Fri 10-Jul-20 22:55:26

^ purely because he holds different political views”^

No, it's because he's a vile person, Sussexborn (though no-one on this thread is wishing him death)

MaizieD Fri 10-Jul-20 22:53:52

Of course not, Lucca. Jump in, fling accusations, never explain.

Lucca Fri 10-Jul-20 22:40:48

Will there be an answer ?

Lucca Fri 10-Jul-20 22:40:17

Sussexborn. “ The spite and sheer venom is disgusting, wishing ill and even death, on another human being, purely because he holds different political views”

Where ? When ? Who ? Can you back this up ?

lemongrove Fri 10-Jul-20 21:37:08

It’s really time that everyone accepted he has been very ill, whether they like him or not is immaterial.
I know that conspiracy theories proliferate on forums but this particular theory is just bonkers.
It also taints the hospital and the nurses and doctors who looked after him there.

Callistemon Fri 10-Jul-20 21:13:28

I agree, MaizieD. And his Ministers made light of his illness, probably panicking.

But one allegation is dependent upon another, ie that medical staff were complicit in the lie.

MaizieD Fri 10-Jul-20 21:09:19

But that's got nothing to do with wishing him ill or dead, Callistomen. Which is what Sussexborn is complaining about.

And I really don't see any reason why we have to be particularly 'nice' about him. He's a vile man who is presiding over the untimely deaths of thousands of our citizens and is bent on plunging the country into a catastrophic Brexit situation at the beginning of next year. He cannot open his mouth without a torrent of lies spewing out of it and he is an embarrassing international laughing stock.

The OP just asked if we thought he might still be ill, not that we should fall over ourselves to be deeply concerned about him. People have given their opinions.

Callistemon Fri 10-Jul-20 20:50:01

I think there are some who doubt that Boris was ever seriously ill MaizieD.

Ergo casting doubt on the veracity of staff at St Thomas's ICU.

MaizieD Fri 10-Jul-20 20:37:30

I think that Sussexborn has copied and pasted his/her post from the last thread we had about Johnson being ill, varian. Or it's on automatic pilot.

Nobody on this thread has wished him dead or particularly ill.

Perhaps the pearl clutchers would like to point out the posts they strongly deprecate?

varian Fri 10-Jul-20 20:27:59

Who has wished ill or death on anyone???

GrannyGravy13 Fri 10-Jul-20 20:24:54

Sussexborn

Wow! Even by GN somewhat low standard on political threads, this one has really hit rock bottom.

The spite and sheer venom is disgusting, wishing ill and even death, on another human being, purely because he holds different political views. I hope none of your ilk ever gain power. It doesn’t bear thinking about what evil you might be capable of.

A friend of one of my children works on the ward he was admitted to and he was extremely unwell and his survival was doubtful at various points. He was on a ward with five others, one of whom was interviewed after he was discharged. The corridors were packed with security and mandarins deciding what to do in the event of BJ dying.

I would be concerned that this kind of ill wishing would rebound on me or my loved ones.

Totally agree ??

varian Fri 10-Jul-20 20:22:38

Perhaps he's following the example of his hero Winston Churchill.

Sussexborn Fri 10-Jul-20 20:21:52

Wow! Even by GN somewhat low standard on political threads, this one has really hit rock bottom.

The spite and sheer venom is disgusting, wishing ill and even death, on another human being, purely because he holds different political views. I hope none of your ilk ever gain power. It doesn’t bear thinking about what evil you might be capable of.

A friend of one of my children works on the ward he was admitted to and he was extremely unwell and his survival was doubtful at various points. He was on a ward with five others, one of whom was interviewed after he was discharged. The corridors were packed with security and mandarins deciding what to do in the event of BJ dying.

I would be concerned that this kind of ill wishing would rebound on me or my loved ones.