Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who on earth is Melania Trump’s stylist?

(71 Posts)
MawB Fri 31-Jul-20 20:09:08

The First Lady participated in a tree planting at the White House yesterday, using a golden shovel and wearing a $4,000 dollar dress. Not to mention the 5” heeled Louboutins.
Pop quiz: circle the most surprising part of that sentence. Darling, this is how you garden. The plants don't respect you if you don't serve them fashion as well as fertiliser. Everyone knows that. You think Monty Don stomps around the countryside wearing a nice dress and a crown? Of course he does! Your look better be flawless if you're out in the forest. Nothing shames you like a disapproving apple tree.

MawB Tue 04-Aug-20 11:27:25

Purplepixie

I feel sorry for the lass and if I was her I would wear the same.
As said before, she has gorgeous legs.

Looking forward to seeing your gardening pics then purplepixie ???

Purplepixie Tue 04-Aug-20 11:21:49

I feel sorry for the lass and if I was her I would wear the same.
As said before, she has gorgeous legs.

NotSpaghetti Tue 04-Aug-20 11:17:29

I don't think she was very successful as a model tbh.

I think she's very striking but still maintain the "stretch over the boobs" look is not really flattering.

Iam64 Sun 02-Aug-20 21:43:10

whoops -but not you MawB

Iam64 Sun 02-Aug-20 21:42:41

Maw, hope you didn't think I was criticising.
I confess I may have been criticising Melania a bit

MawB Sun 02-Aug-20 10:33:52

merlotgran

^She is America's first lady so old check shirt, jeans and wellies probably not appropriate.^

Dressing down didn't bother Michelle Obama and is far more convincing.

Iam64 I put it in “News” as I had just seen it in one of the papers, unfortunately GN in its infinite wisdom does not distinguish “News” from “Politics”

However, Merlot’s picture shows how a “First Lady” can still look classy.
No criticism was actually intended of Melania except possibly following the diktats of her stylists - that jacket for instance.

Chewbacca Sun 02-Aug-20 10:30:10

No Callistemon but if Mealnia starts doing a blog about how blood, fish and bone is good for growing vegetables, we may have the answer.

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 10:27:35

Has anyone seen Donald recently?
ie since that photo was taken?

Happygirl79 Sun 02-Aug-20 09:35:42

I can't criticise the first ladies dress sense as she always looks smart and stylish In this picture her clothes are not appropriate for digging but hey.. Its just a pose for the photo
As for her husbands hairstylist .. Well. No comment is necessary

Iam64 Sun 02-Aug-20 09:13:47

absent's post goes some way to answering the question about why this OP was put in the politics section. I've never seen any suggestion that the photographs of Melania in her pre-Trump life were faked.
As for why she married Trump, surely that was about an attraction to power and wanting financial security. I haven't seen anything written about Melania that suggests anything else.

Davidhs Sun 02-Aug-20 08:30:27

Sorry Calli that was Merlot’s post

Davidhs Sun 02-Aug-20 08:28:38

Calli, That’s not a fair comparison if Melania had been planting trees in a swamp she certainly would not have got far dressed in heels and a skirt.

Absent, Melania has always been very secretive about her past life and no dodgy past has been proved, it’s dead easy to make fake photos of anyone naked or in compromising situations.

It’s clear that being “Mrs America” is not a role she likes or wants but is willing to tough it out, wether she leaves Trump when he leaves the White House is doubtful. It will give her the freedom she wants out of the limelight, so I guess it depends how he behaves

Callistemon Sat 01-Aug-20 22:57:57

absent

"…no embarrassing moments caught on camera…" She really doesn't need to worry about that with the number of "arty" photographs of her naked alone, her naked with another naked woman and her almost naked and pouting plastered all over the internet. I don't think any other First Lady in history has been so publicly exposed.

Well, she wasn't First Lady when the alleged photos possibly appeared.

merlotgran Sat 01-Aug-20 22:51:12

She is America's first lady so old check shirt, jeans and wellies probably not appropriate.

Dressing down didn't bother Michelle Obama and is far more convincing.

Peardrop50 Sat 01-Aug-20 22:44:09

Obviously a publicity shot. She seems like a nice enough person, lovely figure, very glamorous. She is America's first lady so old check shirt, jeans and wellies probably not appropriate.
Not sure why this is on the political thread, more of a fashion comment.
I'm not a fan of her dreadful husband but that's irrelevant when we're discussing her outfit.

merlotgran Sat 01-Aug-20 22:07:19

That ain't no diggin' shovel that's a shovelling shovel.

absent Sat 01-Aug-20 22:06:46

"…no embarrassing moments caught on camera…" She really doesn't need to worry about that with the number of "arty" photographs of her naked alone, her naked with another naked woman and her almost naked and pouting plastered all over the internet. I don't think any other First Lady in history has been so publicly exposed.

SpringyChicken Sat 01-Aug-20 22:00:47

?

Callistemon Sat 01-Aug-20 21:57:42

I'm saying nothing, SpringyChicken

I've read too many thrillers

SpringyChicken Sat 01-Aug-20 21:55:25

I'm more concerned about her shovel. Look at the angle of the head to the handle. No one could dig with that, that's more of a snow shoveller.

lemongrove Sat 01-Aug-20 21:53:50

Chewbacca Lie back and think of your country dear??

maddyone Sat 01-Aug-20 21:48:58

I can’t imagine why Melania married Trump. She was a successful model so it can’t have been the money. She speaks several languages I believe, so she’s more intelligent than him (is it actually possible to be less intelligent than him?) I’m certain she never wanted to be First Lady of America, because the day of his inauguration she didn’t seem at all happy. She does her duty to her adopted country, and I like her. I also feel sorry for her as she’s married to him, but I guess that was her choice. I think she always looks nice when she appears in public.

Iam64 Sat 01-Aug-20 21:00:00

Chewbacca grin

Callistemon Sat 01-Aug-20 20:49:55

grin

Or perhaps a grin is not appropriate.

?

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 20:48:00

She seems to lack facial expression the few times Ive seen

If you were facing going home to bed with the trump wouldn't you be lacking facial expression? I'd be catatonic.