Gransnet forums

News & politics

Moving Covid +ve elderly into Care Homes *again*

(37 Posts)
suziewoozie Fri 18-Sep-20 14:43:31

What could possibly encourage a profit driven home owned by a private equity company to take in a COVID + resident? Beats me

suziewoozie Fri 18-Sep-20 14:39:00

Plan is that home will know, won’t be forced to accept so guess whose fault it will be when it all goes pear shaped?

suziewoozie Fri 18-Sep-20 14:37:40

Shelagh Fogerty on LBC coveting this atm. Go et trying to reassure it will be safe. Ha bloody ha

Furret Fri 18-Sep-20 08:10:43

Why indeed?

LullyDully Fri 18-Sep-20 08:03:31

That explains why they are all getting free PPE.

It was a disaster last time, why do the same again?

suziewoozie Fri 18-Sep-20 07:53:31

Yes I’ve heard that about the contract - oh wait a minute, look over there at ER threatening democracy and freedom of speech.

Furret Fri 18-Sep-20 07:51:18

There is talk that Boris won’t renew their contract when it expires.

Found some ITV coverage, lurking online Care Homes told to prepare to take in coronavirus patients within days

suziewoozie Fri 18-Sep-20 07:48:30

It astonishes and depresses me how few GNers seem to watch C4 news. It’s the best of an admittedly poor bunch. At least they give proper time to interviewees. I do so wonder why all Government ministers are not allowed to appear on the programme ( by diktat of Cummings) Don’t you just love democracy, freedom of speech and government being accountable?

Furret Fri 18-Sep-20 07:21:39

suziewoozie I’m glad someone else saw this. It wasn’t mentioned on BBC or ITV news (as per usual very limited).

Why isn’t there more of any outcry?

suziewoozie Thu 17-Sep-20 20:24:21

They don’t care - not their relative.

suziewoozie Thu 17-Sep-20 20:23:52

Yes I watched this is speechless fury. The bastards

Furret Thu 17-Sep-20 19:44:55

Anyone watching tonight’s C4 news? I simply cannot believe this. I have just sat and watched, in disbelief, these new guidelines for clearing hospital beds.

Have they learned nothing or don’t they care?