Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump taken to hospital

(235 Posts)
Katek Fri 02-Oct-20 22:28:14

That was quick......wonder what’s going on?

varian Sun 04-Oct-20 15:52:51

The Democrats Trump refers to as "extreme left" are good people, but they are still far to the right of our Liberal Democrats.

rosecarmel Sun 04-Oct-20 14:48:41

Biden has had to adopt progressive solutions to ongoing problems otherwise he wouldn't be in the position he is- Thanks to Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and every other progressive that ran for president during the primaries-

Kalu Sun 04-Oct-20 13:34:57

I only hope American voters take note of Biden’s decency as opposed to Trumps narcissism. I do think America would have a better future with Biden at the helm.

Chewbacca Sun 04-Oct-20 11:59:12

I'm just astounded that anyone considers Trump to be an honest man. He's many things but honest isn't one of them.

Furret Sun 04-Oct-20 11:56:18

Very true Oops he is a very decent man.

varian Sun 04-Oct-20 11:46:10

‘Tsunami of untruths’: Trump has made 20,000 false or misleading claims – report

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/13/donald-trump-20000-false-or-misleading-claims

How could anyone, in the face of such evidence to the contrary, possibly think Trump is honest?

Oopsminty Sun 04-Oct-20 11:41:04

Furret

Does anyone think Trump would be wishing Joe Biden well if their positions were reversed?

Personally I think he’d mock him just as he did Hilary Clinton when she developed pneumonia.

Possibly. Possibly not. No idea.

But it just proves that Biden is a decent man

Furret Sun 04-Oct-20 11:39:04

Does anyone think Trump would be wishing Joe Biden well if their positions were reversed?

Personally I think he’d mock him just as he did Hilary Clinton when she developed pneumonia.

GagaJo Sun 04-Oct-20 11:19:18

Arto1s

Such ridiculous comments on here. Boris Johnson and Donald Trump cannot ‘win,’ whatever they do. I wish Trump well, and think he is honest, despite what everyone seems to think.

WHERE is the evidence Trump is honest? Fine to have an opinion, but to be fact it needs proof.

Callistemon Sun 04-Oct-20 11:04:03

No, I don't think it's a joke, Whitewave
It's incomprehensible.

But I can't change it.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 11:00:07

Where are our American friends? Asleep I suppose..

They can give us a lesson

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 10:57:26

Callistemon

GrannyGravy13

Whitewavemark2 I must admit the vagaries of the US election/ vote counting is confusing.

Yes, whoever gets least votes wins.

You may think that a joke callis but honestly it isn’t!!

Trump didn’t get so many votes last time as Clinton but won on seats.

This time it is thought he can’t win any which way if the polls are correct, but may still declare himself the winner on the night????

DiscoDancer1975 Sun 04-Oct-20 10:54:21

We need a ‘ guinea pig’ to test these drugs. I can think of no one better.

Callistemon Sun 04-Oct-20 10:52:37

GrannyGravy13

Whitewavemark2 I must admit the vagaries of the US election/ vote counting is confusing.

Yes, whoever gets least votes wins.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-20 10:51:10

Welshwife Sun 04-Oct-20 10:48:58

There seems several ways of voting in US - my son and family had their papers last week and have voted -actually quite a list of candidates not just two- and they intend to go to drop off box rather than put the papers in the postbox.
The voting papers also have lists of other people/things to vote on - a real questionnaire.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 10:39:53

Oopsminty

Hospital doesn't appear to have tanning facilities

I thought that? I think it is makeup tbh

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 10:38:04

gg13 what this American was saying was that the majority of postal votes will be democrats as they are more careful with regard to the virus - the Republicans are taking a leaf out if Trumps book- or at least were.

That is why Trump is making such a song and a dance over the “fraudulent” Postal votes.

The in person votes result will be known sooner than the final total, and at that stage it may be that a Trump appears to have won, the worry is that somehow the postal votes will never be counted, and I can’t understand how that could be.

Do the political parties have access to the votes? That can’t be right!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-20 10:16:24

Whitewavemark3 listening to John (?) Sopel on Andrew Marr apparently the Republicans can just swop Pence for Trump if Trump is seen as unwell for office or worse. The postal votes already cast would be counted as Pence votes?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:43:33

Sparklefizz

He is apparently being given a cocktail of drugs, some of which are not available to members of the public. shock

That’s because it is still at the experimental stage albeit low risk.

Sparklefizz Sun 04-Oct-20 09:41:18

He is apparently being given a cocktail of drugs, some of which are not available to members of the public. shock

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:39:26

On radio, suggestion that somehow the postal votes in states with republican governor will be rubbished or ignored.

How can that happen?

Shropshirelass Sun 04-Oct-20 09:29:23

He is old, overweight and has underlying health issues. No amount of money will protect him from this virus. He is arrogant and selfish and is now on the receiving end of not taking this virus seriously. True or Fake News? Time will tell. He was losing in the polls. Hmmmm....... I wonder?

Oopsminty Sun 04-Oct-20 09:23:56

Hospital doesn't appear to have tanning facilities

Struggling2do1 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:21:26

Trump is already declaring “a miracle’ on a video from the hospital! Watch this space and remember the devil ? takes care of his own.