Gransnet forums

News & politics

Electoral/council

(7 Posts)
Fuchsiarose Tue 13-Oct-20 15:27:35

Electoral register forms. Has anyone received another electoral form. This one has a box asking for national insurance number as well. Is it something to do with Brexit, end of December or perhaps Immigration and border control so they know who is residing in which property?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 13-Oct-20 15:30:37

Check with your Council.

Curlywhirly Tue 13-Oct-20 20:15:25

No, only had the one form which we received some time ago (August?). The form has changed from recent years in that now you do not need to respond if nothing has changed (you used to have to make contact to say that nothing had changed). As far as I know, (and things could have changed since I worked at the Council) the Register is only compiled once a year, with adhoc changes allowed each month; so the second form you have received sounds like it may be for some other purpose.

MaizieD Tue 13-Oct-20 20:28:57

I just got a letter to ask me to return it, or visit the website, on which I just had to confirm that nothing had changed.

No NI number requested. That sounds a bit ominous..

Sark Tue 13-Oct-20 20:36:34

If you are applying to be registered to vote as opposed to confirming existing information you have to give your NI number and date if birth

Fuchsiarose Wed 14-Oct-20 14:38:47

Thanks to all. My sister checked and yes they are sending out forms asking for N.I. numbers etc. Apparently, to prevent voter fraud. More like rounding us up before end of December. Making sure we are not illegals i think.....

growstuff Wed 14-Oct-20 14:46:54

What are illegals? I can't find the word "illegal" in a dictionary as a noun.