Gransnet forums

News & politics

Wish I hadn’t seen that

(37 Posts)
Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 08:13:15

That ridiculous character Farage at a Trump rally saying “this is the most resilient outrageous man I have ever met in my life”
I despair.

MayBee70 Fri 30-Oct-20 15:52:17

I’ve read that The Telegraph have funded Farages trip to America. I’m horrified but not surprised.

M0nica Thu 29-Oct-20 21:31:32

quizqueen There is a reason why they have vice-presidents. I think America will be safer in the hands of Kamala Harris than Mike Pence.

Callistemon Thu 29-Oct-20 19:41:08

I do try to read before I post now, Kalu but sometimes it seems to change as I press 'post'

Kalu Thu 29-Oct-20 18:33:32

Some strange being has taken over my auto text too Calli!

I watched the clip Lucca. Even referring to it is disturbing with the knowledge that so many supporters are applauding this pair!

Bridgeit Thu 29-Oct-20 18:25:47

Farage saying that Trump is the ‘most resilient courageous
man that he has ever met ‘ is indeed or should be ‘Outrageous to us all.

varian Thu 29-Oct-20 17:36:51

Many of the Trump supporters who have attended his rallies without masks or social distancing have contracted covid and some have died.

Sarnia Thu 29-Oct-20 16:39:38

I believe Katie Hopkins was also been supporting Trump at the weekend. Defending his racist comments on 4 US Congresswomen!!! Perhaps Farage and Hopkins, two people who do not attract much attention at home any more are publicity seeking. A shame she wasn't so keen on following the Covid rules but flew back from LAX to London without a face mask.

Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 16:35:32

quizqueen

So, you think a man who probably has onset dementia will be a great future President or a party which considers him a suitable candidate is worth supporting!!! Look online at Biden's bumbling - he recently forgot who the current President was and called him George!!!

But then I expect that is the plan- if he's elected, he will quickly meet an unfortunate accident and be replaced. Of course you all hate Trump because the Republician Party = Conservatives. Nigel is my hero.

Oh my word Nigel zippy farage is your hero? He looked like a total idiot in that clip, embarrassing.
Why is he your hero by the way ?

Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 16:31:55

tickingbird

Perspective. On the news. One made you feel bad; whilst I barely noticed. I felt bad about the slaughter in a French church. Read into it what you will.

Watching the appalling toe curling display by farage and trump made me feel bad in the sense of nauseous which in no way detracts from the fact that
The other thing is of course an absolute horror and an abomination.

Kalu Thu 29-Oct-20 16:19:28

I read it Lucca more members of the Buffoon group.

tickingbird. There is a thread running where you can express your feelings to share the atrocity which has happened in Nice. Just letting you know in case you have missed it.

tickingbird Thu 29-Oct-20 16:02:43

Perspective. On the news. One made you feel bad; whilst I barely noticed. I felt bad about the slaughter in a French church. Read into it what you will.

Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 14:48:35

tickingbird

Doesn’t make me feel bad. Hearing about innocent churchgoers being knifed and beheaded in France does though!

Where’s the connection?
Obviously that makes everyone feel bad.

Galaxy Thu 29-Oct-20 13:50:34

gringrin Sorry quizqueen. Multi tasking, got confused.

Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 13:48:24

Galaxy

Each to their own firecracker, though I am trying to emulate him by gaining eu citizenship through my relatives.

Firecracker not on here......???

Namsnanny Thu 29-Oct-20 11:05:41

I watched Lucca but to be honest it made me laugh too much. ^Nigel Farage, one of the most powerful men in Europe^grin

Galaxy Thu 29-Oct-20 10:58:22

Each to their own firecracker, though I am trying to emulate him by gaining eu citizenship through my relatives.

quizqueen Thu 29-Oct-20 10:55:38

So, you think a man who probably has onset dementia will be a great future President or a party which considers him a suitable candidate is worth supporting!!! Look online at Biden's bumbling - he recently forgot who the current President was and called him George!!!

But then I expect that is the plan- if he's elected, he will quickly meet an unfortunate accident and be replaced. Of course you all hate Trump because the Republician Party = Conservatives. Nigel is my hero.

tickingbird Thu 29-Oct-20 10:48:12

Doesn’t make me feel bad. Hearing about innocent churchgoers being knifed and beheaded in France does though!

Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 10:42:25

Please watch the clip, I want others to feel as bad I do !!!

Callistemon Thu 29-Oct-20 10:40:35

Lucca

Damn damn damn COURAGEOUS COURAGEOUS COURAGEOUS. Not outrageous. Thanks lemongrove

I was thinking that it was a true description.
He is kind of resilient too, bouncing back from COVID
Like an orange ball.

Does Trump have control of auto text, Lucca?

biba70 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:12:13

the best Freudian typo - ever smile

Jane10 Thu 29-Oct-20 09:58:11

Couldn't bear to!

Lucca Thu 29-Oct-20 09:55:19

Did anyone watch the clip?

MawB2 Thu 29-Oct-20 09:44:42

Lucca

That ridiculous character Farage at a Trump rally saying “this is the most resilient outrageous man I have ever met in my life”
I despair.

Many a true word though......?
Freudian slip? ?

Galaxy Thu 29-Oct-20 09:20:34

Trump isn't resilient in the slightest, his reaction to any form of criticism demonstrates this.