Biden is President elect

(316 Posts)
biba70 Sat 07-Nov-20 16:28:28

and the world breathes a massive sigh of relief - wow <3

Elegran Fri 13-Nov-20 21:00:31

Conceded, WW You could be right! grin

lemongrove Fri 13-Nov-20 19:58:21

Whitewavemark2

No I know they haven’t a leg to stand on, but what I find disconcerting is the taking on the Pentagon etc. It’s as if he’s preparing the way for a coup.

That can’t happen, even if he wanted it to.You need the Army on your side for a coup, and they owe their allegiance to the Constitution not the President.So breathe easy.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 13-Nov-20 19:50:16

Biden on 306? - told you

rosecarmel Wed 11-Nov-20 13:33:59

It all sounds kind of like a Man In The High Castle scenario- There's poker-faced Putin, the unrivaled, prepped for war guy from China and the Mexican standoff fellow down below, all waiting to congratulate Biden-

Democrats dominate the coast and great lakes -- that's all I'm saying ..

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Nov-20 07:31:48

Something needs to be done

Mimibaachan Wed 11-Nov-20 05:08:56

Yes, it would.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Nov-20 03:31:38

No I know they haven’t a leg to stand on, but what I find disconcerting is the taking on the Pentagon etc. It’s as if he’s preparing the way for a coup.

rosecarmel Wed 11-Nov-20 02:59:28

It not I -- at least usually!

rosecarmel Wed 11-Nov-20 02:58:03

WW, making people feel nervous and intimidated is part of their "lets drag this thing out as long as we can" plan- They want to sow as many seeds of doubt as possible-

Either a ballot is fraudulent or it isn't- I can be half fraudulent, as in they won congessional seats fairly on the same ballot they unfairly lost the election on-

They haven't a leg to stand on-

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Nov-20 02:18:56

Woke up - now can’t sleep so reading a bit about what Trump is up to.

Apparently he has started riding the Pentagon of civilian heads and replacing them with Trump loyalists.

He continues to refuse to recognise Biden as president-elect and Pompeo gave a press conference in which he made clear that the president was carrying on and expected to serve another term. A February budget is being prepared.

Reading all this gives me some anxiety that this may not end well, particularly taking what is happening in the Pentagon.

biba70 Tue 10-Nov-20 20:14:06

Obama being appointed as US Embassador for the UK would be just amazing.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Nov-20 19:48:21

There is no special relationship with Boris Johnson', warns Joe Biden camp

Article in The European

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Nov-20 19:17:38

I wonder if this conversation took place before or after the Johnson conversation?

NEW Ireland's taoiseach has spoken to Joe Biden.

"The President-elect reaffirmed his full support for the Good Friday Agreement and they discussed the importance of a Brexit outcome that respects the GFA and ensures no return of a border on the island of Ireland

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Nov-20 18:51:15

I believe that Johnson has been trying to get through since Wednesday???

MaizieD Tue 10-Nov-20 18:28:56

GrannyGravy13

^POTUS elect has had a phone conversation today with Boris Johnson, before speaking to other European leaders^

According to BBC website.

Looks like the special relationship is alive and kicking.

It's always best to get bad tasks out of the way before starting on the more pleasant ones...

GrannyGravy13 Tue 10-Nov-20 17:49:21

POTUS elect has had a phone conversation today with Boris Johnson, before speaking to other European leaders

According to BBC website.

Looks like the special relationship is alive and kicking.

Beammeup Tue 10-Nov-20 17:37:05

No reason to celebrate just yet. ""There may, of course, be 'non legal' reasons for not conceding defeat: vanity, an attempt to create a false narrative, a desire to continue with fund-raising, an exercise in contriving some leverage for a 'deal' exchanging cooperation on transition for immunity from prosecution, and so on."
davidallengreen.com/2020/11/the-longest-tuesday-the-us-election-one-week-later/"

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Nov-20 16:35:26

rosecarmel

FOX News Neil Cavuto shut down Trump's Press Secretary mid broadcast for conveying disinformation -

Wish they would do that in this country.

Fox seems to be all over the place, don’t they have an overall editor?

rosecarmel Tue 10-Nov-20 16:33:15

FOX News Neil Cavuto shut down Trump's Press Secretary mid broadcast for conveying disinformation -

Whitewavemark2 Tue 10-Nov-20 16:24:10

biba70

And now for the best bit ever- I so hope this will be the case - YES

*Barack Obama could become Joe Biden's UK ambassador in awkward move for Boris Johnson*

????????

The Keynian done good! poetic justice.

MayBee70 Tue 10-Nov-20 16:01:52

Is Sedona where they sell all the crystal etc?

Parsley3 Tue 10-Nov-20 14:31:15

Thank you rosecarmel for that post. It is good to hear some first hand details about how these legal challenges are proceeding.

biba70 Tue 10-Nov-20 14:24:30

Signing off to go to GiGung and a bit of sanity. But this has cheered me up no end- after a lovely walk in the woods in warm sunshine with little Emma dog.

biba70 Tue 10-Nov-20 14:08:38

And now for the best bit ever- I so hope this will be the case - YES

Barack Obama could become Joe Biden's UK ambassador in awkward move for Boris Johnson

Lucca Tue 10-Nov-20 13:44:15

This is a bit of silliness that I rather liked