Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris in Isolation-where is he? what will he do?

(113 Posts)
Ellianne Mon 16-Nov-20 14:56:19

Well I do think trisher's post is funny and get it, even though I am not a Boris basher. Sometimes we have to find the ability to laugh at ourselves.
"No, Dilyn, you know I can't take you out for a walk. I've got to self isolate."

Daddima Mon 16-Nov-20 14:47:36

Mamardoit

What sad buggers some of you are. Calling a child of less than one 'the boy wonder' or 'bloody Wilfred worse than useless'.

Allow me to explain. Trisher was suggesting that posters may like to post humorous examples of what The Right Honourable Boris Johnson M.P. may be saying now that he is self-isolating. The posts which make you infer we are ‘sad buggers’ are purely to provide some mild amusement.

Lucca Mon 16-Nov-20 14:28:25

Mamardoit

What sad buggers some of you are. Calling a child of less than one 'the boy wonder' or 'bloody Wilfred worse than useless'.

Joke anyone ?

MayBee70 Mon 16-Nov-20 13:38:04

So he should. Especially as he’s fit as a butchers dog and full of antibodies (well, he’s certainly full of something). Maybe he can spend his time thinking up three word slogans.

ElaineI Mon 16-Nov-20 13:36:51

Can't see Carrie or Wilfred so getting stuck into new series of "The Crown".

Mamardoit Mon 16-Nov-20 13:35:52

biba70 Mon 16-Nov-20 13:31:26

Starmer and others must insist he answers PMQ on Wednesday by video link- for sure.

Iam64 Mon 16-Nov-20 13:19:25

That lot on gransnet are whinging about me again. It's a hot bed of lefties. The only good thing about'em is not all'of'em luv Starmer.
Anyway I plan to stay in my bedroom, enoyin a bit of P&Q. No Demonic shoutin at me, can't change the boy wonder's nappies case I breath on him so over to Carrie. I'm readin' the new biography of Mountbatten - good stuff

Luckygirl Mon 16-Nov-20 12:47:51

He will be in his flat busy changing nappies! grin

Daddima Mon 16-Nov-20 12:44:33

“ Well, I’ve read the papers and nearly finished my Sudoku ( Bloody Wilfrid worse than useless), and still no sign of lunch. It’s going to be a long 14 days. I wonder if it’s time my eyesight was tested?”

(*Trisher*, I fear the ‘ not reading thread properly ‘ virus has struck again)

MrsThreadgoode Mon 16-Nov-20 12:32:23

I assume he will do what my GD is doing, first week of 1st lot of quarantine, pottered around indoors, 2nd week, did school work that was sent online.
2nd lot of quarantine, half a day after the first lot due to her form teacher taking a Covid test, but going into school (grrrr) she is also doing school work.

Now most people can work from home, I’m sure he is doing the same.
I think though, that if he gets Covid a second time, it will worry so many people, so let’s hope he still has some immunity.

Fennel Mon 16-Nov-20 12:17:55

Maybe he'll hand the Brexit negotiations over to Carrie.
She seems to be doing fine acting as his aide and advisor up to now.
Unles she has to go into isolation too?
Otherwise there's always Zoom.

trisher Mon 16-Nov-20 10:18:10

Day 1 Well here I am in my bedroom. Isolated for 14 days. one good thing yah won't have to see that B** Starmer for 2 whole weeks. Let Rishi or Gove answer him. Caveat emptor and all that. Now what's for breakfast?
I leave the more creative GNers to add to this