Gransnet forums

News & politics

MP’s Ordeal over!

(11 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Dec-20 09:01:47

Maybe this will stop the rumours

lemongrove Sun 13-Dec-20 09:30:15

What a relief for him and his family, it must be terrible to be wrongly accused, especially for a crime like that.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Dec-20 10:16:56

A great relief indeed Lemongrove

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Dec-20 11:20:08

Noticeable by their absence are the posters with their nudge nudge wink wink where is MP ???????? anyone seen MP??????

Kamiso Sun 13-Dec-20 11:52:29

My older brother did a paper round for a newsagent who became a family friend. My two younger brothers later took on paper rounds. A young boy, who had been living with one uncle elsewhere and had come to live with another relative locally, joined them and shortly after the owner caught him stealing cigarettes so he sacked him.

A few hours later the newsagent was arrested for supposedly abusing the boy. He was questioned non stop for 48 hours and admitted to my father that, when exhaustion overwhelmed him, he started to doubt himself. Fortunately another police officer decided to check the boys background and found that on several occasions he had accused people of sexual abuse when caught out in misdeeds.

I would guess he had been abused at some point because growing up in the 50/60s most children didn’t know about such things. Sadly the newsagent had a nervous breakdown, sold the business and moved away because there were people who insisted that there was no smoke without fire. The newsagent was a kind decent man with a new born baby. I hope he recovered and got his life back on track.

MayBee70 Sun 13-Dec-20 16:01:31

The alleged victim is going to appeal.

Daisymae Sun 13-Dec-20 16:30:55

This is a report from 2019
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48095118

silverlining48 Sun 13-Dec-20 16:36:52

I am not commenting on this case.
When a case is referred to crown prosecution service for prosecution they need a high chance of conviction before they will take it forward and if there is insufficient evidence can decide not to prosecute.
Sexual allegations rarely come with witnesses who can corroborate, which means it’s one word against another. This does not mean something didn’t happen. Thus justice is denied.

lemsip Sun 13-Dec-20 16:59:35

Spot On Silverlinings48 !!

Oldbat1 Sun 13-Dec-20 17:55:57

No smoke without fire!

BlueBelle Sun 13-Dec-20 18:37:18

Unfortunately having the case dropped is not the same as being innocent
Terrible for him if he is innocent but equally terrible for her if he’s not