Gransnet forums

News & politics

Planned Parenthood

(14 Posts)
MrsHappy Wed 16-Dec-20 13:31:37

This post is not about for or against abortion..this is about the horrific techniques that planned parenthood are using to harvest and sell fetal body parts stem cell research..

ONE CAN BE PRO CHOICE OR PRO LIFE and still be horrified at how these defenseless babies or fetus are been treated..
Humanity stops been human when you treat a fetus as a saleable item..

For nearly five years, Planned Parenthood and their allies have breathlessly claimed to the public that Planned Parenthood and their business partners never sold fetal body parts from abortions, and that their fetal tissue research programs and late-term abortion practices are in total compliance with the law. When forced to testify under oath about these practices, Planned Parenthood and abortion industry witnesses tell a very different story from their public talking points about their fetal trafficking activities.
Both documents and sworn testimony from Planned Parenthood and other abortion industry witnesses concerning the harvesting and sale of aborted fetal tissue are available here.

www.centerformedicalprogress.org/fetal-trafficking-under-oath/

Smileless2012 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:44:07

It's awful. I couldn't bring myself to read the link you've provided MrsHappy but didn't want to ignore the thread.

growstuff Wed 16-Dec-20 14:48:26

Planned Parenthood is an American organisation. Is this happening on the UK?

MrsHappy Wed 16-Dec-20 16:31:30

This is investigation in USA. I have no knowledge about UK practise.

silverlining48 Wed 16-Dec-20 17:09:43

My understanding is that in the US abortion is very contentious so just wondering whether this is coming from the anti abortion lobby. I havnt read the link. Sorry.

Lolo81 Wed 16-Dec-20 17:37:47

I’m afraid that given the source of the article is David Daleidan’s anti-abortion organisation its bias makes it completely unreliable for me.
The CMP attempted to trap planned parenthood into a scandal by creating a fake bio-tech company and then recording “negotiations” with planned parenthood “haggling for baby parts”. The release of video snippets were massively politicised and void of context, planned parenthood did not face any criminal charges, but Mr Daleidan and his associates were subject to felony charges in more than one state as a result of this.
Unfortunately, articles like this being accepted as fact without the wider context is troublesome.

EllanVannin Wed 16-Dec-20 17:45:15

AstraZeneca used the HEK 293 cell line to develop their vaccine with cells from an aborted foetus in 1973---then through years of modification the cells were used for research into cancer. Present day foetus's aren't used, nor the direct cells .

We have been using HEK 293 for years in the UK. These cell lines are used in many gene therapies.

Moderna and Pfizer used synthetic products in their Covid vaccine while AstraZenica "based" ( replicated ) their vaccine on years old ( 1973 ) legally aborted foetus, which is why many refused the vaccine based on ethics/ religion.

EllanVannin Wed 16-Dec-20 17:49:38

We're talking years of research using cells from an aborted foetus, Take no notice of anything which appears from the "anti -lobbies ". They'll use anything for sensationalism.

Elegran Wed 16-Dec-20 17:50:12

The House Committee on Oversight and Reform in the URL linked below publishes the rebuttal below (an excerpt only, there are more answers to charges. Read the remainder of the URL to see the rest.)

The Committee on Oversight and Reform is the main investigative committee in the U.S. House of Representatives. It has authority to investigate the subjects within the Committee’s legislative jurisdiction as well as "any matter" within the jurisdiction of the other standing House Committees.

"*Facts:*
The videos include no credible evidence that Planned Parenthood profits from its fetal tissue donation program.

^Despite Daleiden’s three-year effort to entrap Planned Parenthood, he “failed to succeed in convincing even a single affiliate to enter into a procurement contract with his fake company.”^]
Daleiden offered one Planned Parenthood affiliate $1,600 for two specimens—more than 25 times the amount of expenses affiliates typically recoup—but the affiliate never agreed.[4]
In another attempt to entrap a Planned Parenthood affiliate, Daleiden sent a proposed “transfer agreement” with a “compensation” clause. The affiliate removed that term and added: “Nothing in the Agreement is intended to provide valuable consideration in return for the transfer of the Samples.” Daleiden was “unresponsive” to these revisions and dropped the effort.[5]

oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

growstuff Wed 16-Dec-20 17:52:21

silverlining48

My understanding is that in the US abortion is very contentious so just wondering whether this is coming from the anti abortion lobby. I havnt read the link. Sorry.

A search showed that the OP has previously started an anti-abortion thread.

Not going to comment.

GillT57 Wed 16-Dec-20 17:59:37

Ironically, the USA anti-abortion/pro life lobby are often ardent campaigners against gun reform. Only in USA can a member of the pro-life lobby shoot and kill doctor going into an abortion clinic. Speaking for myself only, just take your vile propaganda elsewhere, you are not welcome on here.

Elegran Wed 16-Dec-20 18:02:12

The media articles mentioned brought these accusations in May,June, August of this year. Since then the House Committee has shown that the videos have been heavily edited and deceptively manipulated. "A forensic analysis of the so-called “full footage” videos found that they still contain “cuts, skips, missing tape, and changes in camera angle,” and “numerous intentional post-production edits.” The analysis found that one of the purported full-footage videos contains “more than 30 minutes of missing video.” [32]
The analysis concluded that the videos “cannot be relied upon for any official inquiries” and that even the underlying transcripts are “useless as ‘evidence’” because they contain “numerous errors, discrepancies, and omissions.”[33]
including that "The first video released by Daleiden intentionally omitted ten instances in which Planned Parenthood’s Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, unequivocally stated that Planned Parenthood does not profit from tissue donations.[30]
At one point, Dr. Nucatola stated: “[N]obody should be ‘selling’ tissue. That’s just not the goal here.” That statement was edited out of the video.[31]

The aim of the anti-abortion lobby is to close down all responsible assistance with planning parenthood if those giving it offer any abortion facilities at all,. They consider throwing mud and falsifying evidence is justified to gain the result they seek.

EllanVannin Wed 16-Dec-20 18:09:20

Cytogenics is the way to go. We don't need interfering busybodies like the anti-brigade. Ta Ta.

silverlining48 Wed 16-Dec-20 18:15:38

Thought so, thanks growstuff.