Gransnet forums

News & politics

Conservative MPs-knowing they haven't a leg to stand on?

(9 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sun 10-Jan-21 17:28:24

How many of them are behaving just like Republicans and repeating or supporting the lies put out by this government.

Just like Republicans they are putting self above country.

trisher Sun 10-Jan-21 12:50:38

I'm sure the feeling will pass. But I do wonder how many of the "Red wall" candidates stood, thinking they would never get in and now find themselves having to justify the unacceptable? You could of course look at it the other way round how many Labour MPs are thinking "Let them bloody get on with it. Tonight thank God it's them instead of us" (with apologies to Live Aid)

Jane10 Sun 10-Jan-21 12:36:08

paddyann enjoying the Salmond vs Sturgeon situation. Which one is the liar and covering up the truth? Why is #resignsturgeon trending? Something rotten in the state of Scotland.
Sits back and awaits nationalist explosion ?

paddyanne Sun 10-Jan-21 12:11:14

My feelings on Tories are well known ,I live in a country that hasn't voted for a majority Tory government for over half a century and it makes my blood boil that we get landed with them time after time .The tory vote in the polls her is sitting at 16% ,god alone knows how its that high.D ross is just a parrot and Ruthie well ,she's decided democracy isn't for her an dtaken the £300 a day from the UNELECTED lords .Thats the tories for you!

MawBe Sun 10-Jan-21 11:43:59

I too would say don’t waste your sympathy!

They knew what (gravy train) they were getting into and are very well- rewarded -and not only financially - for what little (or indeed what damage) they do.
Cynical, moi?

GagaJo Sun 10-Jan-21 11:43:32

vampirequeen, YES!

MaizieD Sun 10-Jan-21 11:35:26

As tory MPs are being complicit in the destruction of our Parliamentary democracy and Parliamentary sovereignty I wouldn't waste a second on feeling sorry for them, whatever they may do or say.

vampirequeen Sun 10-Jan-21 11:23:29

Never, ever feel sorry for a Conservative MP. They're sheepish and uncertain at the moment because they know they/the gov has been caught out and they're worried what other skeletons will fall out of the closet.. Once things go back to normal they'll revert to their blustering, bullish selves.

trisher Sun 10-Jan-21 11:16:44

Just watching my local politics programme the Conservative MP on it seemed sheepish and a bit uncertain, trying to answer questions about more money for disabled people. Even made me feel sorry for him, So I wondered if some Conservative MPs are looking at the mess and wishng they hadn't bothered to stand.