Gransnet forums

News & politics

Monday - will you watch....and why?

(639 Posts)
Pantglas2 Sat 06-Mar-21 21:00:12

Obviously, the Oprah interview with the Sussexes.

I will because I want to hear it straight from the source rather than media spin/interpretation so that I can comment later on what I saw and heard, when discussions start up as they surely will.

However, I don’t think they should be doing an interview at all (I felt the same about Diana and Charles interviews) these things end up backfiring against them.

Lucca Wed 10-Mar-21 15:56:28

Anniebach

Meg really was gunning for Kate, jealousy is nasty and can be dangerous.

What ?? Where ??

Smileless2012 Wed 10-Mar-21 15:58:43

Yes you're right Annie it can and does destroy families.

Lucca Wed 10-Mar-21 16:01:58

Of course but I didn’t see the bit where she was “really gunning for Kate”.
She mentioned the tears incident as I said because it was previously reported as M making K cry,
Other than that ?!?

Millie22 Wed 10-Mar-21 16:29:20

Jealousy can destroy relationships but Kate has nothing to be jealous of unless she just really disliked Meghan.

lemsip Wed 10-Mar-21 16:37:27

she mentioned kates name several times in her talk.
She wouldn't have liked the fact she had to curtsy to Kate's senior position.

Washerwoman Wed 10-Mar-21 17:38:48

I feel she bears a grudge because the papers reported she made Kate cry.She has her truth about the dress fittings.And that is the opposite.That Kate made her cry.
The reality is both women were probably tense at the time.Bride to be and heavily pregnant /or newly delivered mum of 3 who has had hypermesis.
However 3 years to set the record straight it seemed a rather passive aggressive way to do it.That was my perspective anyway.
And still rather stunned that twice they said clearly they started talking and planning stepping back for 2 years .I had to rewind that bit to check.They looked at each other and nodded in agreement.2 years.
Anyway.I hope they do find the happiness they want.Still I can't understand why after feeling suicidal, having a baby,leaving 'the firm ',moving to two different countries,having a miscarriage and then being pregnant again inviting even more scrutiny and putting a bomb under your family is going to improve either of their mental healths long-term. But what do I know ?!

Lillie Wed 10-Mar-21 18:08:14

Is "passive aggressive" the same as subtle Washerwoman? If so, I agree Meghan sounded as though she were picking on Kate in a roundabout way more than once. If I remember correctly, Oprah used the word jealousy herself somewhere. It might have been talking about the Australia tour when Harry said how incredible Meghan was at the job, how effortless she made it all, but how he felt history was repeating itself with Diana being more popular than Charles. That is when they said the family - his father, brother and Kate changed their attitudes to Meghan.

tickingbird Wed 10-Mar-21 18:40:31

I’ve just read that Prince William has, reportedly, been seen behind the wheel of his car crying. If true, very sad to think his own brother has done this.

Anniebach Wed 10-Mar-21 18:42:24

I feel so sorry for William, knifed by his own brother

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 18:48:34

Devastating for Prince William on so many levels.

Aveline Wed 10-Mar-21 18:49:30

He's posted some photos of Harry on the back of Diana's bike after Harry saying that hadn't been possible for him when he was young. Hmmm. William snapping back. Fair enough.

Luckygirl Wed 10-Mar-21 18:49:49

How knifed? Harry said that his relationship with his brother has been troubled and that they are working on it - or words to that effect.

And on the subject of fake or uncorroborated news, does it really seem credible that William would be in tears in his car where he could be seen? This is what the tabloids do - pick on a bit of rumour and use it to fuel their agenda. This is what has created this situation in the first place.

I should make it clear that I am on neither "side" - nor am I a royalist particularly - though it is better than having a president. My position on this is a desire to see some fairness, H&A are being condemned and called names - if that is what people wish to do then it needs justifying, both in terms of facts and of simple humanity and kindness.

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 18:54:10

Aveline

He's posted some photos of Harry on the back of Diana's bike after Harry saying that hadn't been possible for him when he was young. Hmmm. William snapping back. Fair enough.

And on the back of dad's bike, like Archie is now doing.
How funny when he definitely said he never did!

Elegran Wed 10-Mar-21 18:54:20

Lillie "Passive aggressive" is attacking someone by appearing to be terribly hurt at the abusive way that they have behaved towards poor vulnerable you. It can also mean saying things like, "Don't worry about me, I am not important. It is OK, I can take a back seat" in such a woebegone voice that you successfully make the other person feel horribly guilty. It is as effective against them as ranting and cursing, and you can always claim that you are never aggressive!

tickingbird Wed 10-Mar-21 18:54:49

Luckygirl H & M have publicly ripped into the RF. This is Harry’s family. They deserve to be called names. Historically the RF don’t answer back. Whatever’s gone on it should have been dealt with privately. I can understand their anger with the press but the Queen herself cannot control the press.

Elegran Wed 10-Mar-21 18:58:05

I left out a few important words - it should have read "way that you want it to be believed that they have behaved towards you"

Pantglas2 Wed 10-Mar-21 18:59:10

What a lovely photo and one I hadn’t seen before.

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 19:44:10

Another photo:

trisher Wed 10-Mar-21 19:59:26

Harry looks far too big for that bike seat.Perhaps it was just posed for a paper. I would guess they had been riding somewhere.

Anniebach Wed 10-Mar-21 20:04:01

Thank you for posting the photograph of Charles and his sons on bicycles. I did post yesterday and said it was lies that he didn’t have that fun when he was a child, I saw them often in the countryside having fun.

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 20:25:23

Yes, it is sad that Harry seems to have the propensity to only remember the unhappy times in his life before Meghan. I think he even said at the end of the interview something like she "saved" him.

NellG Wed 10-Mar-21 20:29:31

Ellianne

Yes, it is sad that Harry seems to have the propensity to only remember the unhappy times in his life before Meghan. I think he even said at the end of the interview something like she "saved" him.

It was said of the chickens that she does like to rescue things...

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 20:31:59

trisher

Harry looks far too big for that bike seat.Perhaps it was just posed for a paper. I would guess they had been riding somewhere.

He's probably had simmering resentment for years because William had his own bike and he had to go on a toddler seat on the back of his Dad's bike.

Smileless2012 Wed 10-Mar-21 20:33:37

Oh I hope that isn't true tickingbird but it's difficult to believe he wont have shed a tear.

Looks as if they were either going too or returning from a horse riding lesson in that one Ellainne. He's not very bright is he, saying he never did something that the majority of children do when there was bound to be at least one photo to prove he was lying.

trisher Wed 10-Mar-21 20:35:23

Callistemon

trisher

He's probably had simmering resentment for years because William had his own bike and he had to go on a toddler seat on the back of his Dad's bike.

Ooh Callistemon Yes!!! He's always wanted his own bike! You should offer counselling-all his problems solved in one.
grin
Mind I do wonder if Charles could actually ride with him on the back. It looks a bit awkward.