Gransnet forums

News & politics

Monday - will you watch....and why?

(639 Posts)
Pantglas2 Sat 06-Mar-21 21:00:12

Obviously, the Oprah interview with the Sussexes.

I will because I want to hear it straight from the source rather than media spin/interpretation so that I can comment later on what I saw and heard, when discussions start up as they surely will.

However, I don’t think they should be doing an interview at all (I felt the same about Diana and Charles interviews) these things end up backfiring against them.

Lillie Thu 11-Mar-21 10:29:10

Elegran I appreciate your time explaining "passive agressive".

maddyone Wed 10-Mar-21 23:03:26

These photos of Harry are adorable. What a lovely child he was. It’s sad he doesn’t remember happy times in his childhood, although the loss of his mother possibly blighted his ability to remember the good times. Also on these photos Charles doesn’t look like the starchy father he’s often been portrayed as, he seems to be happy with his boys.

M0nica Wed 10-Mar-21 23:00:52

Annie Pictures of the children and their parents on holiday and enjoying themselves was staple fare for the tabloids and weekly magazines like 'Hallo'. But, like the current royal children their parents did try to protect them from constant intrusive photography. Usually an agreed photo opportunity on the first day and then they would be left alone.

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 21:57:59

He had a deprived early childhood because he didn't have a bike. I bet he had to borrow these from his brother:

Anniebach Wed 10-Mar-21 21:57:51

Can’t recall seeing these photographs on the front pages

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 21:49:45

grin
There is a picture of Harry with his own snowboard.
Perhaps it was William's old one

trisher Wed 10-Mar-21 21:46:13

I was just wondering do you suppose William had his own sledge?

Bridgeit Wed 10-Mar-21 21:44:24

Lovely photos, good to see happy times.

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 20:56:06

It is trisher, he wouldn't have been happy with DD2's old bike.

trisher Wed 10-Mar-21 20:50:46

William's bike is very new and swish though isn't it?

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 20:50:18

Ok then if the bike photo looks awkward, try these. Fun in the snow with his father.

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 20:40:36

I have more bike stories but perhaps for another time, another thread. In fact, I'm sure Harry and I could discuss bikes amicably for hours.

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 20:38:57

I could have sent him DD2's old bike if I'd known (it was a girls' bike though and would have been third hand by then).

trisher Wed 10-Mar-21 20:35:23

Callistemon

trisher

Harry looks far too big for that bike seat.Perhaps it was just posed for a paper. I would guess they had been riding somewhere.

He's probably had simmering resentment for years because William had his own bike and he had to go on a toddler seat on the back of his Dad's bike.

Ooh Callistemon Yes!!! He's always wanted his own bike! You should offer counselling-all his problems solved in one.
grin
Mind I do wonder if Charles could actually ride with him on the back. It looks a bit awkward.

Smileless2012 Wed 10-Mar-21 20:33:37

Oh I hope that isn't true tickingbird but it's difficult to believe he wont have shed a tear.

Looks as if they were either going too or returning from a horse riding lesson in that one Ellainne. He's not very bright is he, saying he never did something that the majority of children do when there was bound to be at least one photo to prove he was lying.

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 20:31:59

trisher

Harry looks far too big for that bike seat.Perhaps it was just posed for a paper. I would guess they had been riding somewhere.

He's probably had simmering resentment for years because William had his own bike and he had to go on a toddler seat on the back of his Dad's bike.

NellG Wed 10-Mar-21 20:29:31

Ellianne

Yes, it is sad that Harry seems to have the propensity to only remember the unhappy times in his life before Meghan. I think he even said at the end of the interview something like she "saved" him.

It was said of the chickens that she does like to rescue things...

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 20:25:23

Yes, it is sad that Harry seems to have the propensity to only remember the unhappy times in his life before Meghan. I think he even said at the end of the interview something like she "saved" him.

Anniebach Wed 10-Mar-21 20:04:01

Thank you for posting the photograph of Charles and his sons on bicycles. I did post yesterday and said it was lies that he didn’t have that fun when he was a child, I saw them often in the countryside having fun.

trisher Wed 10-Mar-21 19:59:26

Callistemon Wed 10-Mar-21 19:44:10

Another photo:

Pantglas2 Wed 10-Mar-21 18:59:10

What a lovely photo and one I hadn’t seen before.

Elegran Wed 10-Mar-21 18:58:05

I left out a few important words - it should have read "way that you want it to be believed that they have behaved towards you"

tickingbird Wed 10-Mar-21 18:54:49

Luckygirl H & M have publicly ripped into the RF. This is Harry’s family. They deserve to be called names. Historically the RF don’t answer back. Whatever’s gone on it should have been dealt with privately. I can understand their anger with the press but the Queen herself cannot control the press.

Elegran Wed 10-Mar-21 18:54:20

Lillie "Passive aggressive" is attacking someone by appearing to be terribly hurt at the abusive way that they have behaved towards poor vulnerable you. It can also mean saying things like, "Don't worry about me, I am not important. It is OK, I can take a back seat" in such a woebegone voice that you successfully make the other person feel horribly guilty. It is as effective against them as ranting and cursing, and you can always claim that you are never aggressive!