Gransnet forums

News & politics

Great Britain warns EU that the Irish protocol cannot work

(31 Posts)
Kali2 Wed 12-May-21 09:41:09

and that the EU has to be more 'pragmatic' - this is truly unbelievable.

All the experts showed clearly that this would be the case - and Johnson promised there would be no issue with imports, exports and paperwork, etc. And now they blame

the EU? Truly could not make it up.

Urmstongran Wed 12-May-21 22:26:20

Britain's goods trade with Europe continued a rapid recovery in March, with exports to the bloc jumping a further 8.6pc to hit pre-Brexit levels.

Car exports drove the second month of a rebound from January’s record plunge, according to data from the Office for National Statistics, bringing the total to £12.7bn - roughly at late 2020 levels.

However, EU imports remained depressed. It means the first three months of the year were the first time on record that the UK has brought in more from non-EU countries than from the bloc.

Sounds good to me!
Right, goodnight all. Time to make my mug of Horlicks.
Sleep tight everyone.

Alegrias1 Wed 12-May-21 22:29:17

bub

noun Slang.
(used as an often insolent term of address) brother; buddy.

It's not very nice, actually ?

Chewbacca Wed 12-May-21 22:36:41

Urban Dictionary:

bubs
A pet name for that special someone who is incredibly amazing. Who just takes your breath away, and who you'd fall for again and again. That person who constantly makes you smile. That person you know who will always be there for you at the end of day and will accept you for you. That person who gives you the feeling of a million butterflies whenever you two are talking. That person who always has the right words to say at the right time. That person whom makes you feel like the luckiest girl/boy in the world.

So I suppose it depends on whether you choose to be one of the offended or one of the flattered. I think I know which one you'll choose Alegrias. wink

Alegrias1 Wed 12-May-21 22:41:41

How unpleasant you are Chewbacca. But I suppose I'm to blame for thinking so.

Chewbacca Wed 12-May-21 22:48:48

Correct.