Gransnet forums

News & politics

Kuenssberg Cummings interview

(202 Posts)
Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 20:11:59

We just watched this.
DH was annoyed by Cummings but I noticed why he was annoyed.

The classic sign of a liar is that someone who constantly puts their hand or fingers across their mouth when speaking which he did. He also put his fingers on his face, touched his ear (didn't want to hear what Kuenssberg was asking).

When he spoke of how he and his group manipulated Johnson his hands were nowhere near his mouth. Nor were they when he talked about he conned the British public. So much was truth.

He wants to overthrow the government (democracy?.

Respect! to Laura Kuenssberg who skewered him again and again.

Casdon Tue 20-Jul-21 21:14:47

As Kuennsberg said though,
‘Whatever you think of Dominic Cummings, when big things happened, he was in the room.‘
I suspect some of what he said was fabrication, exaggeration and ego - but also that some of what he said was true. There was certainly very genuine animosity against Carrie, he wasn’t putting any act on with that I don’t think. All very interesting.

dolphindaisy Tue 20-Jul-21 21:26:37

I do believe he's out for revenge but I also believe everything he said about Boris Johnson, if it's all lies then Johnson should take him to court.

Chewbacca Tue 20-Jul-21 21:32:58

I think that a great deal, if not all, that he said is true. But he was there. He said and did nothing of any merit to change anything. He was complicit in it all. He's like that weasley little kid at school who, when brought before the headmaster to account for how a window got broken, points his finger at the other kids and squeals "It was them wot done it Sir; I told them not to".

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 21:37:09

Casdon

As Kuennsberg said though,
‘Whatever you think of Dominic Cummings, when big things happened, he was in the room.‘
I suspect some of what he said was fabrication, exaggeration and ego - but also that some of what he said was true. There was certainly very genuine animosity against Carrie, he wasn’t putting any act on with that I don’t think. All very interesting.

I think he may have moved his hand from hiding his mouth then, so yes, his animosity is true.

He was the architect of Brexit.

He wants to take over the UK but to be the puppet master, not the puppet.

MawBe Tue 20-Jul-21 21:38:06

Chewbacca

The man is a weasel.

Unfair to weasels

Whatdayisit Tue 20-Jul-21 21:42:55

First thing i thought when i saw a clip on GMB was his hand on his mouth.
I wondered if it was guilt at saying it as well as lieing. Is ge really saying anything we don't know.
He reminds me of Uriah Heap.

MayBee70 Tue 20-Jul-21 21:45:52

Why didn’t journalists like her question the leave campaign at the time more on the validity of their claims eg the bus/Turkey? Why does she leave it five years to discredit that? And was it just me that wondered why, when questioning him, she had to show lots of leg and a bit of cleavage? Couldn’t she have worn something more appropriate? I can’t help but feel Kuensberg is as narcissistic as Johnson and Cummings.

NfkDumpling Tue 20-Jul-21 21:49:11

I was for Brexit before it was Brexit. I just wanted a Common Market. I hated that he was so influential in the campaign. A complete manipulator.

Laura Kuennsberg did a good job. Its quite scary that he had so much power and I wonder who his 'team' is and where they are now.

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 21:55:03

And was it just me that wondered why, when questioning him, she had to show lots of leg and a bit of cleavage? Couldn’t she have worn something more appropriate? I can’t help but feel Kuensberg is as narcissistic as Johnson and Cummings.

I didn't even notice, Maybee.

She has annoyed me sometimes but I thought this was excellent.

Lincslass Tue 20-Jul-21 21:58:55

Oopsadaisy1

Maybe anyone who is a ‘civilian’ in No.10 should be required to sign the Official Secrets Act, what’s to stop Cummings (or any other worker) revealing matters of National Security? nasty little man.

All who work in or with Government have to sign the OSA. Unless he had special dispensation. He should be asked by interviewer, could never stand the man personally, don’t know why he was ever employed .
www.theweek.co.uk/101039/the-official-secrets-act-explained

Lincslass Tue 20-Jul-21 21:59:42

Oops slightly wrong.

Smileless2012 Tue 20-Jul-21 22:03:24

I think the old saying 'hell hath no fury as a woman scorned' should now be 'hell hath no fury as Cumming's scorned'.

Elleee Tue 20-Jul-21 22:04:19

So many lies, by so many people and so many people taken in by them
The way he smirked trying to justify the Brexit lies was nauseating
However I doubt that he would lay himself open to a slander allegation, so...
This Government is a cesspit,a myriad of liars and charlotans

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 22:16:59

Cummings said Johnson doesn't know how Whitehall works

How Whitehall traditionally works is not the way the manipulative Cummings works.

MaizieD Tue 20-Jul-21 22:23:47

I just kept wondering who 'we' are and why 'we' think we can run control the country better than anyone else. What are their objectives and how do they mesh with concern for the wellbeing, safety and liberty of the nation's citizens? It all seemed a bit Big Brotherish... and chilling...

I think he is tremendously narcissistic and utterly convinced of the rectitude of his philosophy. I have thought that ever since I followed his blog for a while, way back before Brexit was even a twinkle in his eye. As Kuensberg said on more than one occasion, who the hell does he think he is?

I didn't think much of her body language, either. lots of averting her gaze and theatrical grimacing..

Johnson won't take him to court because Cummings' basic premise, that he is utterly useless as a PM is absolutely true.

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 22:32:55

I just kept wondering who 'we' are and why 'we' think we can run control the country better than anyone else. What are their objectives and how do they mesh with concern for the wellbeing, safety and liberty of the nation's citizens? It all seemed a bit Big Brotherish... and chilling..

Yes, I wanted to know too. The absolute conviction that he and his group are absolutely right and will take over (presumably with a puppet Government) was chilling.

So he doesn't like Carrie and probably she should not be interfering in any political decisions but perhaps she has stopped her husband becoming a puppet of Cummings and his takeover gang.
We need to know who they are.
As Kuenssberg said "who the hell does he think he is?"
An unelected SPAD

Chewbacca Tue 20-Jul-21 22:40:39

And was it just me that wondered why, when questioning him, she had to show lots of leg and a bit of cleavage? Couldn’t she have worn something more appropriate? I can’t help but feel Kuensberg is as narcissistic as Johnson and Cummings.

I didn't notice what she was wearing. Is that more important than what she was saying or what The Weasel was wearing?

PippaZ Tue 20-Jul-21 22:41:31

MaizieD, his other point - that the system isn't fit for purpose is true too. As is the fact that the quality of those we get to run the country is rarely good enough.

His rundown of what could be done about it was interesting. I wondered if LK thought she was listening to plans for a coup.

It is his truth. Only a court could weed out what is the truth from all the ones with inbuilt personal bias.

It rather reminded me of Kings and turbulent priests.

PippaZ Tue 20-Jul-21 22:46:02

As Kuenssberg said "who the hell does he think he is?"

When did she say that? I know she said several times something along the lines of "listen to yourself" or "can you hear yourself" (not sure of the actual phrase). What she didn't get, or she did and it was mock horror, is that he is telling her his thinking and he sees nothing wrong with that.

PippaZ Tue 20-Jul-21 22:47:19

I didn't notice what she was wearing either. This is a great scoop for her.

Luckygirl Tue 20-Jul-21 22:49:01

He is very odd indeed, and the fact that he was let anywhere near the seat of government is very worrying indeed.

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 22:52:39

And was it just me that wondered why, when questioning him, she had to show lots of leg and a bit of cleavage? Couldn’t she have worn something more appropriate? I can’t help but feel Kuensberg is as narcissistic as Johnson and Cummings

He was wearing a white shirt which was open a bit too far down but he doesn't have a cleavage.

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 22:56:36

PippaZ

^As Kuenssberg said "who the hell does he think he is?"^

When did she say that? I know she said several times something along the lines of "listen to yourself" or "can you hear yourself" (not sure of the actual phrase). What she didn't get, or she did and it was mock horror, is that he is telling her his thinking and he sees nothing wrong with that.

I can't remember the exact words but I think she asked him "Just who do you think you are?"
Which was pertinent as he is unelected.

The Kingmaker who decided, two or three days after the King was elected, that he was not fit for purpose so decided to start to undermine him and document everything.

Luckygirl Tue 20-Jul-21 22:59:19

The bit that got me was that he had been discussing "ousting the PM". Now I would have been delighted if someone had given Boris the heave-ho; but where does Cummings think he gets the power to do this thing? That's the worrying bit.

Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 23:01:29

Where is the Civil Service in all this?

They seem to have been completely sidelined.