Gransnet forums

News & politics

Kuenssberg Cummings interview

(202 Posts)
Callistemon Tue 20-Jul-21 20:11:59

We just watched this.
DH was annoyed by Cummings but I noticed why he was annoyed.

The classic sign of a liar is that someone who constantly puts their hand or fingers across their mouth when speaking which he did. He also put his fingers on his face, touched his ear (didn't want to hear what Kuenssberg was asking).

When he spoke of how he and his group manipulated Johnson his hands were nowhere near his mouth. Nor were they when he talked about he conned the British public. So much was truth.

He wants to overthrow the government (democracy?.

Respect! to Laura Kuenssberg who skewered him again and again.

MayBee70 Sun 25-Jul-21 18:56:47

He’s far more intelligent than Johnson. But what on earth is he using that intelligence for?

PippaZ Sun 25-Jul-21 12:42:40

I think he is an extremely intellegent and interesting man. I can imagine his arguments may go above some people's heads seem boring to some. I think his analysis of government contains many truths.

However, I do not think, as he does, that he is the only one with the answer and that means he can ride roughshod over democracy.

Twirlie Sun 25-Jul-21 11:13:31

To me he is like a petulant child & I find him boring.

annifrance Sat 24-Jul-21 21:25:04

Thanks PippaZ for backing my post. I too think Le Pen is the pits and most of the French I know think so too. They all moan about Macron, but they will vote for him in the last hour! Such is France! There are no other options worth speaking about, It could get like the American 2 party system. I sincerely hope not.

I managed to catch a repeat of the interview last night and honestly who can really criticise LK's dress other that the most Victorian of all. What cleavage, and so what if she isn't wearing an ankle length skirt. None of her appearance detracted about what was being said in the interview unless you were looking to make such puerile comments. Women's dress is not what serious political discussions/interviews is about. Reaching for tin helmet. No, shoulders big enough.

MissAdventure Sat 24-Jul-21 14:42:45

A lot of high powered people are said to be psychopaths.
They need to be totally focused on getting to the top, and can be handy to have around.
I watched a documentary which put 10% of the population in that category.
Cummings, though.
He makes my skin crawl.

nanna8 Sat 24-Jul-21 14:25:20

He is obviously one to be avoided come what may. Sounds like most have him sussed so f he was playing a double bluff with his body language it has backfired. Thank heavens for common sense.

25Avalon Sat 24-Jul-21 14:18:16

The latest is he is stirring it up re a report on the latest Covid gamma variant. Until there is constuctive science do we need more scare mongering of the general public to strike another blow at government? Hell hath no fury like a scorned Cummings.

Caleo Sat 24-Jul-21 12:23:50

Shading his mouth, and his secret little smirks made me feel he despises stupidity and that most people watching will be pretty stupid.

Sparklefizz Fri 23-Jul-21 09:27:04

Dinahmo

Sparklefizz You're right. I intended to quote Sawsage2directly above you. I think that I was having problems with the internet at that time and whilst thumpng the keyboard my fingers must have slipped. My apologies.

No probs Dinahmo

Dinahmo Thu 22-Jul-21 23:02:36

Sparklefizz You're right. I intended to quote Sawsage2directly above you. I think that I was having problems with the internet at that time and whilst thumpng the keyboard my fingers must have slipped. My apologies.

PippaZ Thu 22-Jul-21 19:58:46

25Avalon

Whitewavemark2

There are clearly small state, low tax, low regulation believers here on GN, but I believe that the majority of people are centre ground.

The worry is that they allow their tribal loyalties to overlook the fact that the party they always voted for no longer exists.

I do think an alliance is more necessary than ever, and undoubtedly if it looked a real winner there would be a lot of story mps who would support it.

You wish! Why would the tories form an alliance when they hold the majority vote?

Do they though? This badly made amalgam of the far-right and the actual Conservatives may split at any time. It just takes enough to look at their consciences and act.

Theirs is a coalition of the damned as far as I can see.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Jul-21 18:31:38

Dinahmo

Sparklefizz

He's a Scorpio birthsign - the scorpion has a sting in its tail. Just sayin '

Don't think he could be described as being incompetent. He was the architect of Brexit which many people supported.

Dinahmo I think you're quoting the wrong post. confused

Callistemon Thu 22-Jul-21 17:38:05

nanna8

That man would be well aware of body language and it’s connotations. I don’t think he is stupid and ,looking at him, I am absolutely certain he would know what the amateur psychologists say and would adjust it accordingly. In other words the interpretation of his face touching etc is someone’s opinion only. He is playing with his audience for sure.

You may well be right nanna8
He is not stupid but yes, it is not cod psychology as suggested. He may have been using tactics to deceive the public - a double bluff.

It's interesting that some on the threads constantly disparage the views of other Gransnetters when they know little about the, belittle what they say and generally think they are of superior intellect.
In fact, rather like Cummings himself with his contemptuous views of the public as seen in the interview.

Dinahmo Thu 22-Jul-21 13:29:45

Sparklefizz

He's a Scorpio birthsign - the scorpion has a sting in its tail. Just sayin '

Don't think he could be described as being incompetent. He was the architect of Brexit which many people supported.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 22-Jul-21 13:29:36

That’s not what I said.

25Avalon Thu 22-Jul-21 13:27:25

Whitewavemark2

There are clearly small state, low tax, low regulation believers here on GN, but I believe that the majority of people are centre ground.

The worry is that they allow their tribal loyalties to overlook the fact that the party they always voted for no longer exists.

I do think an alliance is more necessary than ever, and undoubtedly if it looked a real winner there would be a lot of story mps who would support it.

You wish! Why would the tories form an alliance when they hold the majority vote?

MaizieD Thu 22-Jul-21 11:03:53

grumppa

Perhaps you have to be a narcissist to believe you are capable of running the country.

Where does that leave arch narcissist, Johnson, who thought it was ludicrous that he should be running the country?

(And has been proved to be correct grin )

grumppa Thu 22-Jul-21 10:58:03

Perhaps you have to be a narcissist to believe you are capable of running the country.

MayBee70 Thu 22-Jul-21 10:38:09

I don’t think Cummings is a liar. He reminds me of my ex husband who was a bit on the spectrum and couldn’t tell a lie, especially white lies which might prevent someone’s feelings being hurt. But he does have a distorted view of just about everything, especially where it concerns him. Why are such narcissistic people running the country and why doesn’t it bother people?

PippaZ Thu 22-Jul-21 10:21:41

The trouble is nanna8, they are amateur pseudo psychologists - they basically know nothing. They think they have picked up some truths from TV drama series but I think psycohology is a bit more complex than that.

I expect he doesn't take anyone like that very seriously, don't you?

MaizieD Thu 22-Jul-21 10:18:40

Caleo

Maizie, I guess you are right. The convolutions of what politicians say is beyond my comprehension. I voted Labour because of my very general idea of the two competing ideologies, not because of facts.

Seems like a completely valid reason to me grin

nanna8 Thu 22-Jul-21 10:01:14

That man would be well aware of body language and it’s connotations. I don’t think he is stupid and ,looking at him, I am absolutely certain he would know what the amateur psychologists say and would adjust it accordingly. In other words the interpretation of his face touching etc is someone’s opinion only. He is playing with his audience for sure.

Caleo Thu 22-Jul-21 09:54:32

Maizie, I guess you are right. The convolutions of what politicians say is beyond my comprehension. I voted Labour because of my very general idea of the two competing ideologies, not because of facts.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 22-Jul-21 09:28:34

MaizieD Thu 22-Jul-21 09:17:33

Caleo

I liked how he said he over- rode regulations to get immediate PPE to the NHS. Did he requisition RAF aeroplanes?

Wasn't that the consignment that was widely heralded, not all supplied, and what was supplied turned out to be unusable?