Gransnet forums

News & politics

A Nightingale is reborn.

(35 Posts)
Ellianne Thu 05-Aug-21 08:35:31

Good news, a Nightingale Hospital is being transformed into a suite of operating theatres in Exeter. It will deal with the backlog of cancelled orthaepdic operations, and will then continue to serve the local community for years to come. Something good to celebrate.

BlueBelle Sat 07-Aug-21 14:28:04

But does it have nurses and other staff I hate to pour cold water on your enthusiasm but they had no staff to use them during the CoviD pandemic where have all the staff suddenly come from
Our friend was trained up sent down to London to work in the nightingale hospital was put up in a hotel where she stayed for three weeks I think she got two weeks work and then was sent hope as they had no staff to continue using them
I hope it happens but I m not at all confident

BlueBelle Sat 07-Aug-21 14:28:47

Home not hope
Ohh for an edit button sigh sigh

Shazmo24 Sat 07-Aug-21 14:59:31

Our Nightingale in Bristol is now being used to take over the vaccinations from the main hub at Ashton Gate (as football & rugby is starting(
I think that's a brilliant idea and hope ours does the same but as the conference centre for UWE I doubt it

Caro57 Sat 07-Aug-21 17:19:02

…….but will it be successfully staffed

4allweknow Sat 07-Aug-21 17:35:27

Someone exercising some common sense in health service, great to hear.

Periwinkle Sun 08-Aug-21 08:34:26

Sorry to be grumpy but why don’t people read the thread before they comment. The poster said they were luckily staffed for this initiative!!

Lincslass Sun 08-Aug-21 09:04:01

That is very good news indeed.

lemongrove Sun 08-Aug-21 09:38:51

Good that some of the Nightingales are being re-purposed in this useful way.?

Ann29 Sun 08-Aug-21 12:02:44

I know they say they have the staff but they must be coming from another department of the health system. The bottom line is we have not got enough qualified Drs and nurses in this country.