Gransnet forums

News & politics

Eleven o'clock today

(17 Posts)
Elleee Mon 16-Aug-21 22:44:56

So there was a minute's silence today for the tragic events in Plymouth
Johnson appeared to adhere it, standing somberly, quite the thing
Except his watch said it was gone quarter past...
He clearly didn't honour the eleven o'clock tribute did he?

Gwyneth Mon 16-Aug-21 22:56:44

You must have excellent eye sight Elleee and lots of ‘time on your hands’ forgive the pun!

NotSpaghetti Mon 16-Aug-21 23:02:46

That man!
angry

Elleee Mon 16-Aug-21 23:03:33

The strength of my eyesight is neither here or there
I would be interested to hear valid opinions on yet another blatant untruth
I don't think any of this is amusing

Zoejory Mon 16-Aug-21 23:07:11

Maybe his watch was fast. Or slow. Or had stopped. He clearly took part in a minute's silence. I'd hardly call it a blatant untruth. There's a lot to be concerned with at the moment and I don't think this is one of those things .

mamaa Mon 16-Aug-21 23:14:53

Not a Boris fan but it would seem his watch is always fast…

twitter.com/spotmonkey/status/1427289471020683267?s=21

JenniferEccles Mon 16-Aug-21 23:22:48

For a man with the unenviable job of running the country in the current climate, along with all the many demands on his time, I really think we can forgive him if he was a wee bit late honouring the minute’s silence, don’t you?

crazyH Mon 16-Aug-21 23:24:24

It really doesn’t matter Ellee…..he observed a minute’s silence- that’s the main thing..

Blossoming Mon 16-Aug-21 23:30:41

I’m not a Johnson fan, but his watch is always fast. If he was going to fake it by altering the time on the mantel clock I’m sure someone would have reminded him to alter his watch too.

BlueBelle Tue 17-Aug-21 06:38:16

How on earth can you see a watch s time on tv did they do a close up of it ?
I can’t stand the bloke but surely this is nonsense and just looking for something to ‘get him’ for

Rosie51 Tue 17-Aug-21 13:02:13

BlueBelle

How on earth can you see a watch s time on tv did they do a close up of it ?
I can’t stand the bloke but surely this is nonsense and just looking for something to ‘get him’ for

Nor me, but criticise him for his wrongdoings, an easy enough thing he gives so many opportunities, not for something that has proved to be inaccurate. Any comment now Ellee? mamaa provides the link to evidence his watch is set fast.

Jabberwok Tue 17-Aug-21 13:06:24

FGS, another rather pathetic attempt at Boris bashing but failing dismally.

Chewbacca Tue 17-Aug-21 13:22:23

Firstly, I cannot abide BoJo; he's a pathetic excuse for a man/father/politician/prime minister however, on this particular occasion, I do have some empathy with him. Your possibly aware that there is currently a crisis in Afghanistan? It's not unreasonable to think that he might well have been engaged in telephone calls or meetings regarding extracting people out of the country and liaising with security forces to get them to safety. Approximately 60 other world leaders are doing the same thing. So, if he was a few minutes late in standing for a one minute silent tribute, I think that I can cut him some slack this time.

I don't think any of this is amusing There's very little to be amused about at the moment Ellee and compassion and understanding seems to be in short supply. hmm

eazybee Tue 17-Aug-21 17:44:54

Your post claiming 'yet another blatant untruth ' is not remotely amusing, accurate or relevant.

MawBe Tue 17-Aug-21 18:27:38

Why does BoJo bashing have to intrude on something as sad as remembering those poor victims of the Plymouth shooting?
And if Ellee’seyesight is sharp enough to spot the time on the man’s watch, how did she miss the clock almost directly behind him?

Jabberwok Tue 17-Aug-21 18:44:35

Ummm!!

Chewbacca Tue 17-Aug-21 19:02:03

And if Ellee’seyesight is sharp enough to spot the time on the man’s watch, how did she miss the clock almost directly behind him?

Is that valid enough for you Ellee? grin

Brilliant! MawBe grin