Gransnet forums

News & politics

“Recollections may vary”. Harry and Meghan (again - I know!)

(507 Posts)
Luckygirl Thu 19-Aug-21 08:18:22

Here is the bottom line ....we all know nothing!

NanKate Thu 19-Aug-21 08:14:21

The Queen is 95, is bereaved, still works, and this dreadful pair, it appears, holds some grudge against her now. They are a total disgrace.

If they come over to the U.K. next year for the Queen’s celebrations I suspect they will get a very frosty reception.

grannysyb Thu 19-Aug-21 08:01:47

Ooh Maw brave of you!

Lillie Thu 19-Aug-21 08:00:48

what else was the poor lady meant to say

Blinko Thu 19-Aug-21 07:57:02

I think this disreputable pair will take sideways potshots at HM at their peril. How many followers do they have, I wonder? Readers of Hello and OK magazines, and who else?

Lucca Thu 19-Aug-21 07:56:50

On your marks, get set….

MawBe Thu 19-Aug-21 07:36:38

This may be a pot shot too far, now they seem to be including the Queen in their self- righteous whingeing.
(Not that I am biased)
Apparently Duke and Duchess of Sussex believe the Queen failed to take “full ownership” of the race allegations made in their interview with Oprah Winfrey, according to the authors of the unauthorised biography Finding Freedom.
A “friend of the couple” (unnamed, of course) has apparently told Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand that the Queen’s lack of action had prevented the Duke and Duchess from moving on from the claims.
The source also suggested that the Queen’s assertion that “recollections may vary” had not gone down well.
(It did however rank IMHO as one of HM’s all-time greatest bons mots )
The Queen has until now been one of the only senior members of the Royal family to escape the Sussexes’ criticism, but this new epilogue to Finding Freedom, published in People magazine in the US, suggests that the Duke and Duchess feel frustrated that the Duke’s grandmother did not follow through with her promise to address their concerns.
It says: “The Queen’s ‘recollections may vary’ comment ‘did not go unnoticed’ by the couple, who a close source said were ‘not surprised’ that full ownership was not taken
Just one question, if this book is “unauthorised”, does it or does it not reflect their views? Or is it an example of letting somebody else put words in their mouths so that they can deny them afterwards if necessary? All these “unnamed friends,” and “close sources” - aye, right.