Gransnet forums

News & politics

Bob Dylan accused of sexual assault (in 1965!) when he was 20

(32 Posts)
Dinahmo Thu 19-Aug-21 15:25:15

Bob Dylan has been accused of sexual assault in 1965 by a woman who was aged 12 at the time. The alleged abuse apparently took place over a 6 week period in April and May 1965. During that time Dylan was in LA for 2 weeks, at Woodstock for a couple of days and then flew to London on 26th April and left on 3rd June.

It seems strange that someone should wait so long to bring a case. Could it be that he sold his back catalogue for a sum believed to be $300 million in 2020 and so has plenty of cash laying around?

Smileless2012 Sat 21-Aug-21 09:45:23

Questioning the amount of time that has passed since the alleged event took place is not dismissing or minimising it welbeck, and I'm surprised at your comment bearing in mind that 3 of the contributors have had personal experience of sexual abuse.

It always concerns me that when a case like this involves someone of celebrity status, that their identities are made public at the outset.

I'm sorry that you have also been a victim icanhandthembackflowers

Galaxy Sat 21-Aug-21 09:52:21

It's perfectly reasonable to question some of the remarks, some of it minimising, statements about the complainant being pathetic and looking for the pound signs, not checking birth certificates, sorry but yes it is minimising.

Anniebach Sat 21-Aug-21 09:52:44

Was the 12 year old living in his apartment? If not, did no one
notice a 12 year on drugs and alcohol

NotSpaghetti Sat 21-Aug-21 21:48:54

Erm, Anniebach, why does it matter where the 12 year old was living?

Anniebach Sat 21-Aug-21 22:02:34

Erm, because if it is true who ever she was living with may have
willing to hand her over to be abused

NotSpaghetti Sat 21-Aug-21 22:39:19

Maybe there were so many people doing drugs and alcohol that no one would notice.

Where she actually lived still seems irrelevant to me.