Gransnet forums

News & politics

Queen Elizabeth - COP 26 Climate Summit

(9 Posts)
MaizieD Sat 16-Oct-21 14:02:16

So isn't it lucky that someone was able to "accidentally overhear" her commenting on climate change initiatives just at the time when COP26 is on the horizon,

It happens occasionally.

Wasn't she caught saying something about the Chinese at a reception a few years ago?

sodapop Sat 16-Oct-21 13:10:48

Yes I thought that too Alegrias

Parsley3 Sat 16-Oct-21 12:58:17

I suppose the Queen expressing an opinion is newsworthy after all these years of dignified silence.

Alegrias1 Sat 16-Oct-21 12:47:28

Call me suspicious, but....

The Queen never comments on anything, she's renowned for it. So isn't it lucky that someone was able to "accidentally overhear" her commenting on climate change initiatives just at the time when COP26 is on the horizon, and just when the Royal Family is doing everything it can to position themselves as saviours of the environment.

hmm.... hmm

MaizieD Sat 16-Oct-21 12:26:02

Whitewavemark2

I suppose that they haven’t made the link yet between grouse moor management, carbon and biodiversity.

grin

Whitewavemark2 Sat 16-Oct-21 12:24:12

I suppose that they haven’t made the link yet between grouse moor management, carbon and biodiversity.

DiscoDancer1975 Sat 16-Oct-21 12:23:23

We heard something something on the news last night, where she has apparently said she’s irritated by constantly hearing what should be done, but no one is actually doing anything.

We just thought ‘ good for her’, our sentiments exactly!

MaizieD Sat 16-Oct-21 12:20:49

I know that Chris Packham has recently pointed out that the Queen's estates aren't doing well enough for the environment in his opinion, but wasn't Prince Philip one of the founders of the World Wildlife Trust and Charles has always been quite hot on environmental issues? I'm sure the Queen must be well aware of what is at stake. Though I could see her being accused of hypocrisy...

Bea65 Sat 16-Oct-21 11:54:34

Did anyone lip read what has been reported on our lovely Queen commenting on other Heads of State not confirming their attendance at the forthcoming summit...I understand her frustration and irritation about people not responding and wondered if GNs felt this was a slip up or, is QE just showing us how she really feels?