Gransnet forums

News & politics

The foolishness of anti-vaxxers

(262 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 01-Dec-21 07:51:33

Refuse the covid because you don’t want those chemicals pumped into your body?

The picture shows what will be needed to keep you alive if you get covid and need the ICU. Note the amount of chemicals.

Bloody idiots.

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:30:17

I had to have a carte de séjour when I lived there in the nineties. Someone else's country, they can make up the rules.

Est-on obligé d'avoir une carte d'identité ?
Vérifié le 17 mars 2021 - Direction de l'information légale et administrative (Premier ministre)

Non, aucun texte ne vous oblige à avoir une carte d'identité.

www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F11601

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:08:01

Another Brexit bonus

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:07:05

Pour séjourner légalement en France plus de 3 mois, un étranger majeur doit obligatoirement avoir un visa de long séjour ou un titre de séjour, sauf s'il est citoyen d'un pays de l'EEE ou suisse.21 oct. 2020

You need a carte de séjour or a visa to live in France permanently

Lucca Mon 06-Dec-21 11:11:12

To me this speaks sense

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 08:05:49

I know Petera, I used to live there. ?

It makes it worse: you don't have to have this card and be on a government database, but if you don't we might put you in the cells for a while

Petera Mon 06-Dec-21 06:58:05

Alegrias1

Norway, Ireland, Denmark, Australia, Canada.... all good democratic countries. None have compulsory id cards.

Incidentally, neither does France wink

Yebbut....

You do need to have some form of government-issued ID in France, and the police can hold you for several hours if they're not happy with what you've produced.

(Not that I disagree about the general point about ID cards being unnecessary)

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 06:05:59

Sorry 3rd post
I would add she gave the reason as the ever tightening restrictions in France when you do not have a Pass Sanitaire. Whatever works.......

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 06:03:00

I have been using this thread as fodder for arguement with my 36 year old DD. Her best mate, a nurse, recovered from covid in the beginning last year, this set my daughter off in an anti vac fashion.
Yesterday she announced she would be vaccinated. Yeah!

halfpint1 Mon 06-Dec-21 05:56:17

Well they did moan at the time. My Grandad was furious with the new law said every thing he could think of against it. Never remember him not wearing one in the end.

Mamma66 Mon 06-Dec-21 04:20:21

Just had an interesting thought. It is compulsory to wear seat belts in the UK to protect both yourself and others in the vehicle as an unrestrained person can crush others in the car. If you don’t wear a seatbelt (unless you have an exemption) you risk a fine. None of us bats an eyelid or moans about personal choice. An interesting parallel…

Lucca Mon 06-Dec-21 04:17:31

Indeed

Mamma66 Mon 06-Dec-21 03:42:19

Yesterday in the News they said that cancer treatments and other medical treatments were having to be postponed because of the number of people receiving critical care because of COVID. Nine out of ten receiving critical care had not been vaccinated against COVID. Freedom of choice is one thing, but when it directly impacts on others…

Petera Sun 05-Dec-21 16:50:01

In short, by bringing Sikora into your argument you put him in play.

Otherwise just make the argument. Or play the ball as you put it.

Petera Sun 05-Dec-21 16:41:48

Baggs

In short, play the ball not the man.

I'm sorry, if something said by a known liar (and that includes Johnson) it is incumbent on the person quoting them in support of an argument to justify the statement.

Otherwise we can all just make stuff up and challenge others to refute it.

Petera Sun 05-Dec-21 16:41:42

Baggs

I'm sorry, if something said by a known liar (and that includes Johnson) it is incumbent on the person quoting them in suport of an argument to justify the statement.

Otherwise we can all just make stuff up and challenge others to refute it.

Baggs Sun 05-Dec-21 13:09:40

Baggs Sun 05-Dec-21 13:08:42

Petera

growstuff

Baggs

I’m beginning to think that for some anti-vaxxers their resistance may be pathological and therefore only to be overcome by very devious psychological means, which themselves may be ethically questionable.

That aside, all the info I’m seeing about Omicron seems to suggest it’s not as
huge a threat as people feared at first.

And, after all, as Karol Sikora points out: “ Forcing the public by law to take a COVID vaccine is reprehensible.
It will tear society apart, cause unspeakable anger and set a horrific precedent. Choice, autonomy and freedom still matter in my view

(My underlining).

I'm afraid nothing Sikora says would persuade me of anything. He's a charlatan, who has personally profited from the pandemic and believes in a form of Social Darwinism.

Indeed. The same person who inroduced himself to a Commons committee by saying "I am Karol Sikora, professor of oncology at Imperial College for 22 years."

Imperial College had to take legal advice on ways to prevent Sikora from using any title suggesting he has a position or formal association with it.

Taking against what someone has said because of who one perceives them to be is the very essence of prejudice.

What is wrong with what K Sikora is quoted as saying in the post above?

Alegrias1 Sun 05-Dec-21 09:53:28

Norway, Ireland, Denmark, Australia, Canada.... all good democratic countries. None have compulsory id cards.

Incidentally, neither does France wink

Galaxy Sun 05-Dec-21 08:13:05

Just because one democratic country does something doesnt mean it's a good thing.

Lincslass Sun 05-Dec-21 07:48:40

halfpint1

Living in France I have an ID card and a Pass Sanitaire on my telephone, neither of which interfere with my way of life.
What does make me mad is Google popping up each month with a map to show me where I've been and made calls from with my telephone.
I thought the Locstion thing was a clever tool in case I lost my phone
I never realised it was going to track me and then tell me each month,now that is surveillance

My family , the same in Germany, doesn’t interfere with their lives either. Why all the who ha in the UK I’m not sure. Germany and France both democratic countries. As you say, Google and others know more about your personal life etc. Lo and behold if people can’t access their services.

halfpint1 Sun 05-Dec-21 06:38:00

Living in France I have an ID card and a Pass Sanitaire on my telephone, neither of which interfere with my way of life.
What does make me mad is Google popping up each month with a map to show me where I've been and made calls from with my telephone.
I thought the Locstion thing was a clever tool in case I lost my phone
I never realised it was going to track me and then tell me each month,now that is surveillance

Dickens Sun 05-Dec-21 00:40:45

Lilikemaho

I have only one thing to say to all the one who think they are right because none of us know what the bloody vaccines are doing to our body never mind the young so I actually think you should all shut your mouth and do what you want and let everyone else do the same

... well that's a bit rude.

Why should we not discuss the issue - for or against?

Instead of telling people to "shut up" it might be a more useful contribution to explain your fears about the vaccine. And for your information, many who are pro-vaccine also have concerns about its side - or lasting - effects.

We need rational, informed debate, not individuals taking a stance and then trying to close down the conversation.

Lilikemaho Sat 04-Dec-21 19:06:10

I have only one thing to say to all the one who think they are right because none of us know what the bloody vaccines are doing to our body never mind the young so I actually think you should all shut your mouth and do what you want and let everyone else do the same

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 04-Dec-21 14:35:43

?

Alegrias1 Sat 04-Dec-21 14:26:39

That doesn't sound authoritarian at all.... ☹