Gransnet forums

News & politics

People blocking Lifeboat Stations.

(207 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Wed 01-Dec-21 13:29:53

How can anyone be so heartless! Those migrants are human beings and just how desperate can they be to risk their lives on flimsy little dinghies to cross the Channel in these freezing conditions. My heart goes out to them.

felice Wed 01-Dec-21 13:13:56

Just as an aside, Belgian Flemish lunch time news has just shown the details of this. Commenting that ships in the Channels are being put at risk by the English.
No more details but really does not look good.

Lincslass Wed 01-Dec-21 12:55:07

Can’t understand why this didn’t hit the news on the day it happened. My family told me about it on Saturday. They were so disgusted went down to the lifeboat station that day, donated and brought some gifts. My ex Merchant Navy brother also furious, it’s Maritime Law to help people at sea. Let’s hope these awful people are brought to book and fined very heavily. Wonder if the local fishermen involved will get their tickets withdrawn.

felice Wed 01-Dec-21 12:35:25

I was so shocked, a friend has also put it on FB and I hope other people complain. surely something can be done about such stupid people.

Deedaa Wed 01-Dec-21 12:32:32

The version I read said that some of the protestors were fishermen. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

GagaJo Wed 01-Dec-21 12:29:46

The utter selfishness of the anti-immigrant brigade. Not caring about anyone other than themselves.

felice Wed 01-Dec-21 12:26:21

I saw in a news article that some anti-migrant protestors have blocked a Lifeboat station stopping the Lifeboat from launching.
I have close family who are Fishermen, I am shocked that this is allowed to happen.
Surely they are endangering lives and should be charged as such ??