Gransnet forums

News & politics

Little Arthur

(290 Posts)
Germanshepherdsmum Fri 03-Dec-21 09:13:29

We will hear yet again that ‘lessons will be learned’. Same old meaningless words trotted out every time. Why aren’t the lessons ever learned?

eazybee Fri 03-Dec-21 08:51:17

People were attempting to fight on this poor child's behalf: his grandparents and uncles, but the way these cases are conducted means the laws are slanted in favour of maintaining the parent-child relationship above all else. How this is to be remedied I don't know; I encountered this resistance when working as Senco, although never in such horrific circumstances.

LullyDully Fri 03-Dec-21 08:43:40

I will.never understand how children are treated like this, but it happens. History repeats itself.

I used to be involved in this side of things when I taught in an inner city special school.

Schools used to move heaven and earth to get the best outcome for the children but social services were so stretched and staff were constantly changing.

Someone should have been fighting on this little boy's behalf. He was crying out for help. A wicked dereliction of duty, firstly by his carers who were not fit to bring up that boy.

maddyone Fri 03-Dec-21 08:35:06

What those two people, who were supposed to be taking care of that little boy, what they did is beyond words. Poor, poor little child.

Maudi Fri 03-Dec-21 08:04:12

Evil pair they deserve everything they get in prison, hope the other prisoners make their lives hell.

Oldwoman70 Fri 03-Dec-21 07:44:56

I'm another who finds watching the video distressing, I watched it the first time it was shown but can no longer do so. I gather the step mother is complaining because, when on remand, fellow prisoners were attacking her with salt! One can only hope they left it in the dispensers

BlueBelle Fri 03-Dec-21 07:33:08

It’s not an issue bluefox but it divides the posting therefore diluting the feeling if people start posting on two or more threads at the same time

Bluefox Thu 02-Dec-21 23:09:04

Oh dear, I’m sorry if the repetition of this harrowing subject is an issue for you.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 02-Dec-21 22:49:27

Don’t we owe it to him to watch, not turn it off because it’s too awful? As flaxseed said, it’s terrible - the last day of his life - but we should do him the honour of watching.

Flaxseed Thu 02-Dec-21 22:33:23

I was eating my tea whilst watching the news and couldn’t finish it as I actually thought I was going to throw up.
The footage of him too weak to lift his duvet broke my heart.
I just can’t get it out of my head sad
Rest in Peace beautiful boy

lavenderzen Thu 02-Dec-21 21:30:34

Absolutely heartbreaking. No words.

BlueBelle Thu 02-Dec-21 20:49:10

We ve already got one thread about this

Aveline Thu 02-Dec-21 20:42:44

I had to fast forward through the video on the news. I'd read about it and found that bad enough. I find such extreme cruelty unfathomable. How can any adult human behave like that to a little boy?!

Shelflife Thu 02-Dec-21 20:38:02

Yet another child dies from cuelty! Utterly devasting, no punishment is too great .

Sallywally1 Thu 02-Dec-21 20:17:05

Harrowing story and parent/step parent found guilty.

Hopefully the sentence will be appropriate.

I cannot watch the video, too awful. That poor mite.