Gransnet forums

News & politics

Allegra Stratton resigns

(137 Posts)
JenniferEccles Wed 08-Dec-21 16:40:02

She made a tearful speech saying she would regret her lighthearted comments for the rest of her life.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Dec-21 13:21:48

She found it funny. Her behaviour on the clip was reason enough for her to go.

Chewbacca Thu 09-Dec-21 13:23:01

AS has paid a heavy price??? Nowhere near winterwhite. Even if, giving her the benefit of your doubt, there was no party, she sniggered and laughed at the very notion of social distancing, knowing that COVID victims were dying alone, families were unable to meet and millions of people spent that Christmas alone because they had done as was asked of them. If you'd looked at the video I posted of her at 11.19, you'd see for yourself that she's utterly bereft of empathy for anyone. Those tears yesterday were for herself.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Dec-21 13:31:36

Yes they were. I expect her mates will give her another good job though.

MaizieD Thu 09-Dec-21 13:33:50

Germanshepherdsmum

She found it funny. Her behaviour on the clip was reason enough for her to go.

'home' felt as though it was in inverted commas to me.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Dec-21 13:35:10

What are you on about Maizie? Home? I didn’t say home:

winterwhite Thu 09-Dec-21 17:43:31

I certainly did not say I thought there was no party!! I'm quite sure there was. I meant, and think I said, that until it is shown that AS was present we ought to believe her when she said she went home - she isn't the one with the track record of lying.

I also assumed that she knew nothing about the video clip until it emerged this week. Maybe I'm wrong.

In all I just think she has been hauled very roughly over more coals than she deserves given the size of her share in the whole thing. Yes, others are hiding behind her skirts as someone else has put it. The word scapegoat also comes to mind.

MissAdventure Thu 09-Dec-21 17:46:19

Other words come to my mind, but I'm too polite to say them on here.

MaizieD Thu 09-Dec-21 17:50:03

Germanshepherdsmum

What are you on about Maizie? Home? I didn’t say home:

You did. You said that AS said she went home. I copied & pasted it from your post, like this

AS says on the video clip that she went home, so wasn't at the party.

I'm saying that when AS said 'home' ( as per your post) it sounded as though it was in inverted commas - she just didn't make the little squiggly gesture with her fingers that people do to represent inverted commas in an oral statement. I'm not saying that she actually was lying, just that it felt like a lie to me...

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 18:07:19

I also assumed that she knew nothing about the video clip until it emerged this week. Maybe I'm wrong.

Of course she knew about the video.
She just assumed that it had been buried, that they were 'all in it together' and no-one would spill the beans on their jolly jape.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 09-Dec-21 19:33:27

I think you’ve quoted from someone else’s post Maizie, not mine.

Ro60 Fri 10-Dec-21 02:23:40

Winterwhite I agree with you. It's turning into a witch hunt by people who seem to have only half the information.