Gransnet forums

News & politics

Gotcha!!!!!

(77 Posts)
MissAdventure Sun 12-Dec-21 00:58:01

Tomorrow's newspapers will have images in showing Johnson hosting a quiz at one of the Christmas parties that never was.

varian Sun 19-Dec-21 17:43:25

Is that small violin being played by one of his very good lady friends?

Blossoming Sun 19-Dec-21 17:10:12

Poor old Boris, everyone being beastly. World’s smallest violin just got even smaller.

Calistemon Sun 12-Dec-21 15:37:50

Galaxy

Imagine your Christmas surprise being Johnson popping in.

As Secret Santa!

varian Sun 12-Dec-21 14:24:00

Jenning's cartoon in the "i" is spot on

Doodledog Sun 12-Dec-21 12:34:00

It comes to something when the only defence of a PM who lied about no rules being broken, and who has instigated an internal investigation to buy time to come up with spin on the question of other breaches is to blame the person who 'ratted on him'.

We are not in a prison drama like Bad Girls, where 'grassing' is the ultimate crime. A PM who makes rules for the country that he doesn't keep, who turns a blind eye when those close to him break them, and who lies and wriggles when he is found out is significantly more serious than the quiz itself.

The quiz is effectively a metaphor for his leadership, and that is why it's so serious.

Nandalot Sun 12-Dec-21 12:31:04

The BBC are reporting’
“A Downing Street source told the BBC the two people in the picture with Mr Johnson were members of his closer staff who had come in to help him with the technology.”
Obviously Jennifer Arcuri’s lunchtime IT sessions with Boris didn’t really help him with the grasp of technology!

Nandalot Sun 12-Dec-21 12:26:36

So the BBC is ‘vengeful’ over its coverage of partygate. It’s a new story as evidenced by every newspaper covering it.

MissAdventure Sun 12-Dec-21 11:39:02

grin

Galaxy Sun 12-Dec-21 11:36:23

Imagine your Christmas surprise being Johnson popping in.

MissAdventure Sun 12-Dec-21 11:35:00

No idea.
I'm sure someone will have, though.
He only popped in for a short while as a surprise, so it's said.
He may well have not been in the room where the teams were all huddled together over their computers.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 12-Dec-21 11:33:55

He was quiz master

Calistemon Sun 12-Dec-21 11:31:52

MissAdventure

They weren't in other offices though, apparently.
That remains to be seen.

Not a very exciting quiz then!

Did Boris write the questions?
Did he win?

MissAdventure Sun 12-Dec-21 11:26:38

They weren't in other offices though, apparently.
That remains to be seen.

rosie1959 Sun 12-Dec-21 11:10:36

Calistemon

hmm
I am absolutely no fan of Johnson but this seems a bit something and nothing.
If they'd been working together that day anyway, and colleagues were in other offices doing the quiz virtually, it seems to be bottom of the barrel scraping.

Looks a total non event to me as well

Lincslass Sun 12-Dec-21 11:02:48

Calistemon

They need to find something else!

Agree they’re all scraping the barrel including Andrew Marr. No so much asking questions but trying to get his guests to incriminate.

Calistemon Sun 12-Dec-21 10:55:15

They need to find something else!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-Dec-21 10:51:09

Calistemon

hmm
If they'd been working together that day anyway, and colleagues were in other offices doing the quiz virtually, it seems to be bottom of the barrel scraping.

Ditto

Calistemon Sun 12-Dec-21 10:46:26

hmm

Calistemon Sun 12-Dec-21 10:32:47

Kalu

I now have an ear worm on a loop..?The Party’s Over?.

?

With or without a ??

toscalily Sun 12-Dec-21 10:29:13

MaizieD If that is the flat they spent so much money on they should sack the designer, the pattened carpet and tartan chair look horrible together.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 12-Dec-21 10:26:09

So in that case the cctv will be available.

Forsythia Sun 12-Dec-21 10:21:11

Well I don’t know she still is Maizie. But pics yesterday showed Boris visiting her in hospital. She may be out now.

MaizieD Sun 12-Dec-21 10:19:29

What's Carrie doing in hospital? You're usually out within 2 days nowadays...

Forsythia Sun 12-Dec-21 10:13:49

I suspect Dominic Cummings is as the root of this. Who else could it be unless Carrie is self sabotaging from her hospital bed!

Whitewavemark2 Sun 12-Dec-21 10:11:25

MaizieD

The rumour about the cctv camera being hidden is unjustified . What you can see is a curtain swag.

Much as I detest him I will give the man his due. All his lying and rule breaking is done in full view grin

That’s interesting.