Gransnet forums

News & politics

So who will be the next Tory leader? ( assuming Boris goes )

(17 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Thu 20-Jan-22 19:03:36

MaizieD

Callistemon21

Teacheranne

Just hope that whoever gets the job is not a friend of Dominic Cummings!

That's Rishi

Rishi is a friend of Cummings. It was in the Guardian Mag. article about him.

If you haven't read it, do. Cummings is a scary maniac

www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/inside-the-mind-of-dominic-cummings-brexit-boris-johnson-conservatives

Yes I read that and pleased to see a link. It is all so blimmin’ scary.

Sunak is really dodgy I think.

MaizieD Thu 20-Jan-22 18:57:41

Callistemon21

Teacheranne

That's Rishi

Rishi is a friend of Cummings. It was in the Guardian Mag. article about him.

If you haven't read it, do. Cummings is a scary maniac

www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/inside-the-mind-of-dominic-cummings-brexit-boris-johnson-conservatives

Callistemon21 Thu 20-Jan-22 17:56:41

Teacheranne

That's Rishi

Jane71 Thu 20-Jan-22 17:34:36

Well we vote Labour or Green, so not really qualified to say. I'd like someone who will bring the party back from its right wing agenda, and show a more compassionate face.
I don't think any of the front runners fit that bill.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 20-Jan-22 14:41:23

Johnson, Et Al are the shakers unquestionably.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 20-Jan-22 14:29:33

Kim19

Does Dominic Cumming have friends?

No one like Cummings has friends, but he does have what he would consider useful contacts through networking.

Kim19 Thu 20-Jan-22 13:52:47

Does Dominic Cumming have friends?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 20-Jan-22 13:50:39

After todays revelations not a single minister is fit to lead the Tory party and most particularly the country.

I am done with corruption, sleaze, lies, blackmail and cronyism.

Dinahmo Thu 20-Jan-22 13:46:35

Quotes about and from Liz Truss - yet another austerity candidate for PM.

“Britain is a nation of Uber-riding, Deliveroo-eating, Airbnb-ing freedom fighters,” she said in one speech, a retort to critics of the gig economy. “And to turbocharge our future we need to champion these values, and let people off the leash by liberating every corner of the economy.”

"In the Treasury she often told colleagues the answer to their problems was not more public spending but freedom for the market. “I aim to be the disrupter in chief; I want to challenge those who aim to block change, stop development and restrict success.”

"Yet when serious challenge has been made to her low-tax beliefs, Truss has been pragmatic, speaking out in private against Sunak’s national insurance rise in late summer last year but then, once it was policy, declining to join Jacob Rees-Mogg in January urging Sunak to cancel the rise."

Dinahmo Wed 19-Jan-22 13:55:49

Sadly it will be down to the members of the Tory party - only 160,000 when T May was PM although increased to 200,000 now.

I sincerely hope that it won't be Sunak. Because of his wealth and educational background he can have no idea how most people live. And he is a believer in austerity and the small state, which won't affect him of course.

I would prefer it to be no one from the front bench, they are all tainted one way or another.

Kandinsky Wed 19-Jan-22 13:02:25

Sorry, that was about Dominic Cummings.

EllanVannin Wed 19-Jan-22 13:02:09

" In the name of God, go ". I like it grin

Kandinsky Wed 19-Jan-22 13:01:31

Crikey yes, wouldn’t want to annoy him would you.

EllanVannin Wed 19-Jan-22 13:00:30

I don't want Rishi !

I want an outspoken person with courage of their convictions preferably not a college/ uni or public school person !
We don't need a waffler either.

Someone down to earth whose interests are for the people of the country and not just for themselves and their 6 houses each ! A person for the people-----are there any ?

ayse Wed 19-Jan-22 12:58:59

Teacheranne

?

Teacheranne Wed 19-Jan-22 12:54:35

Kandinsky Wed 19-Jan-22 12:50:13

Rishi?