Gransnet forums

News & politics

Yesterday's resignations

(9 Posts)
Casdon Fri 04-Feb-22 19:31:56

According to BBC News today, a statement from a No 10 spokeswoman said chief of staff Dan Rosenfield had offered his resignation to the prime minister earlier on Thursday, but would stay on while his successor was found.
And Mr Reynolds - the prime minister's principal private secretary - will do the same, but then return to a role at the Foreign Office. So, they haven’t actually left the building as yet.

MaizieD Fri 04-Feb-22 19:30:49

Apparently, one of the men who resigned wasn't even working at No 10 when the parties were being held. Which rather spoils Johnson's attempt to claim that the 'resignations' were because they were involved in the parties. Though, of course, he might have attended one or two. which would also spoil Johnson's claim that they were 'work' gatherings...

growstuff Fri 04-Feb-22 19:27:44

varian

I gather that Munira Mizra has worked with Johnson and cheered him on since he was London mayor, fourteen years ago.

She is married to Dougie someone who made loads of money by organising orgies for rich people.

Dougie is a great supporter of Sunak.

It's anyone's guess why she chose this minute to jump ship.

Dougie (Smith) still works at Number 10, so I guess Munira is still getting all the gossip.

MissAdventure Fri 04-Feb-22 19:13:26

It's supposedly about the Saville comments, so I've read.

varian Fri 04-Feb-22 19:12:06

I gather that Munira Mizra has worked with Johnson and cheered him on since he was London mayor, fourteen years ago.

She is married to Dougie someone who made loads of money by organising orgies for rich people.

Dougie is a great supporter of Sunak.

It's anyone's guess why she chose this minute to jump ship.

FannyCornforth Fri 04-Feb-22 07:23:36

I see that this is being discussed in depth in the ‘Unfit for Office’ thread

FannyCornforth Fri 04-Feb-22 07:21:46

Won’t they just join Sunak’s team?

travelsafar Fri 04-Feb-22 07:17:55

I wondered if they know that some other disclosure is about to hit the headlines and cause another media frenzy.

Riverwalk Fri 04-Feb-22 07:15:03

I'm not sure about the status of Munira Mirza, and I can't seem to find any info, but the three men who resigned/pushed are all civil servants, including the one who sent the party invitation to bring your own booze.

Does that mean they'll slip easily into another well-paid role somewhere in Whitehall - I bet they're not destined for the dole as any other person would be.