Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Queen has COVID

(273 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

tanith Sun 20-Feb-22 11:53:26

She has tested positive with mild symptoms, let’s hope it stays that way. I truly hope she comes through it.

Those of you with faith maybe say a little prayer ??

title edited at OP's request

Zoejory Sun 20-Feb-22 12:47:30

She definitely has covid. Most news sites are reporting. Mild symptoms, similar to a cold

news.sky.com/story/queen-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-buckingham-palace-says-12538848

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60453566

Witzend Sun 20-Feb-22 12:49:21

? for her then.
I know of two people in their 80s who caught it while in hospital, but had no symptoms at all.

And this was before the relatively mild omicron variant, and before they were vaccinated.

So let’s hope Her Maj will be the same.
Given her age already, and the age her mother reached, it would seem that she’s got good genes.

Callistemon21 Sun 20-Feb-22 12:58:35

If it has been confirmed by other sources then it must be true.

I wouldn't trust Sky News Australia, they come out with some rubbish sometimes.

I hope it is mild and that she does rest and doesn't even try to do any light duties

Blossoming Sun 20-Feb-22 13:25:56

FannyCornforth

How do they/ we know that she didn’t catch it from Charles?

Quite.

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Feb-22 13:27:02

Hopefully this will change PM Johnson’s mind about lifting all Covid restrictions which he is due to announce tomorrow.

FannyCornforth Sun 20-Feb-22 13:27:43

Yes, it hasn’t been mentioned who she did or did not catch it from.

Sparklefizz Sun 20-Feb-22 13:28:01

I imagine if she'd caught it from Charles she would have shown symptoms several days ago. I expect she is being tested every day due to her age. On the 1 o'clock news it was said that there had been some Covid cases amongst her staff.

Kim19 Sun 20-Feb-22 13:31:11

Heard it on bbc2 lunchtime

VioletSky Sun 20-Feb-22 13:31:30

I'm not a huge royalist because they are people like any other but she is a still OUR Queen and the thought of anything happening to her due to covid after everything the country has been through is just, horrible really

Lucca Sun 20-Feb-22 13:32:07

Impossible surely to say who she caught it from. Pure speculation.

JaneJudge Sun 20-Feb-22 13:33:44

I don't think it matters who she caught it from, there must be loads of people who have given to varying family members. My husband caught it off my son for example. Hopefully she'll have enough access to healthcare to get through it

LouGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 20-Feb-22 13:47:09

Afternoon all - we've now edited the title of this thread, at the OP's request. Hope that helps. flowers

AGAA4 Sun 20-Feb-22 13:51:37

I hope the Queen's symptoms stay mild and she recovers very soon.

Dickens Sun 20-Feb-22 13:52:46

FannyCornforth

Hopefully this will change PM Johnson’s mind about lifting all Covid restrictions which he is due to announce tomorrow.

Why would it?

Nothing is going to deter him from (another) 'Freedom Day' - it's a very popular move - and he knows it.

Of course others are going to catch it now as all restrictions are being lifted, and unless the NHS becomes overwhelmed, I doubt he really cares that much.

Hopefully, if the Queen is continuing with her 'light duties' she's in fairly good shape and will be able to shrug this off ultimately without any lasting effects. For all her years and apparent frailty, I think she's quite a tough old lady.

JaneJudge Sun 20-Feb-22 13:55:47

I have to be honest, I though all the restrictions had been lifted anyway confused

ElaineI Sun 20-Feb-22 14:15:21

Hope she is ok. She is looking frailer nowadays.

Daisend1 Sun 20-Feb-22 14:35:22

Elaine1
'To continue light duties at Windsor' is encouraging news.

tanith Sun 20-Feb-22 14:37:05

Thanks LouGransnet

annodomini Sun 20-Feb-22 15:07:09

I've had the 'cold-like symptoms' for over a week now - 8 days since the positive test. In fact the only symptom has been a cough - the kind that takes some stopping once it's started, but fortunately doesn't happen too often. With any luck HM should be clear in a week to 10 days.

tickingbird Sun 20-Feb-22 16:35:59

Just seen a news report that people are starting to gather outside Windsor Castle. I hope they are being premature and wish our Queen a full recovery. I wonder if those who must know they’ve caused her such stress feel ashamed?

Lucca Sun 20-Feb-22 18:43:49

tickingbird

Just seen a news report that people are starting to gather outside Windsor Castle. I hope they are being premature and wish our Queen a full recovery. I wonder if those who must know they’ve caused her such stress feel ashamed?

Bit morbid gathering at W C surely?!

Iam64 Sun 20-Feb-22 18:51:55

I hope Her Majesty has a mild infection of this dreaded virus.
It’s too much to expect a discussion on the Queen without reference to ‘those who must know they’ve caused her such stress feel ashamed’

Her family members love her. Selfish, indulgent, emotionally all over the place behaviour was unlikely to be aimed at causing stress. Given the extent of love and concern being expressed by so many, it seems highly likely those who may have caused stress share that love and concern
Peace be with us ?

LilacChaser Mon 21-Feb-22 09:10:57

Well, it's looking good so far. I wish her all the best. She will be a brilliant promoter of the fact that covid can be 'lived with'.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 21-Feb-22 10:12:47

They have medication now that they can give you as soon as you test positive and it gives you a far less serve form of the illness,

vegansrock Mon 21-Feb-22 10:16:27

“Light duties ” means signing the odd bit of paper not pegging out the washing.