Gransnet forums

News & politics

Did anyone read about Michelle Mone? Thought not!

(43 Posts)
HousePlantQueen Mon 02-May-22 13:55:50

Unless you are on Twitter, or read the Daily Mirror or the Guardian, you are unlikely to be aware that Ms Mone , a Tory Peer had her house raided by NCA investigating allegations regarding contracts awarded to Medpro Several properties were searched, including the Isle of Man office where Medpro is registered, and also the home of Ms Mone and her husband, business magnate Douglas Barrowman. Medpro was one of the businesses run through the 'Fastrack'. It is reported by The guardian that Mone approached Michael Gove, Lords Agnew and Bethel, all of whom were involved in pandemic procurement. Could this be the start of investigations? Why have we not seen this on BBC news?

JaneJudge Mon 02-May-22 17:19:43

why don't people care?
my severely disabled adult daughter has to rely on social care to meet her needs and all this corruption going on takes away from the most vulnerable
why can people not see that?

Marydoll Mon 02-May-22 17:22:59

I knew about it months ago. I could never work how how she ever managed to become a member of the house of Lords in the first place.

Pepper59 Mon 02-May-22 17:29:15

I had read about it. It is strange how things go silent, especially since there is a court case going on about a former SNP minister, that also never seems to get mentioned anywhere. Neither mainstream news nor on here. I am very disappointed if what transpires about Michelle Mone happens to be true. Im assuming there is no court case ongoing. I really don't understand people, are massive salaries not enough?

Pepper59 Mon 02-May-22 17:31:41

JaneJudge, oh I do see that. Hence my comment about salaries. People with good jobs have more than enough to live on, while people like yourself struggle. If these allegations are proven, it's very disappointing.

Allsorts Mon 02-May-22 17:33:34

First of all it was her business associates that were accused, so we have to hear the whole story. If she was in any way a guilty party in this, shamefully defrauding people, , I very much hope in cases such as this people already rich and of influence, get lengthy sentences, their assets seized and the money made recouped. The Mail is on their case and they won’t let it go.

Callistemon21 Mon 02-May-22 17:34:56

JaneJudge

why don't people care?
my severely disabled adult daughter has to rely on social care to meet her needs and all this corruption going on takes away from the most vulnerable
why can people not see that?

Hence my Not another one.

volver Mon 02-May-22 17:34:58

Anyone in Scotland who doesn't know about the court case with the former SNP MP (who apparently has just been elevated to Minister by Pepper59), hasn't been watching the news. We talked about it on here a couple of weeks ago.

Or are we talking about a different former SNP person?

I don't think Mone needed a salary and there won't be a court case until they decide if there is something that needs to go to court.

Pepper59 Mon 02-May-22 17:40:57

Ha ha Volver, every time.

volver Mon 02-May-22 17:46:49

Yep. I have a detector that goes off.

The SNP person allegedly swindled money from an organisation I was a member of. I don't have much sympathy.

paddyann54 Mon 02-May-22 20:36:53

I think that certainly ALL SNP members know about that court case* Pepper* and if we know then unionists will know they do like a stick to beat us with.The sums of money are very different between her and Mone though and as I pointed out on the last thread about the swindler ..shes married to a TORY ,maybe she's well taught from him!!

Pepper59 Tue 03-May-22 03:04:21

Volver, that must have been awful. Im sorry about that. Paddyann, you need to stop taking all this so personally. I have friends who are SNP supporters and friends who are not. You always seem so defensive. I accept yourself and Volver have different views from myself. Not everyone is going to agree ever. Take it easy.

volver Tue 03-May-22 04:11:12

Thank you for your concern Pepper59. It was an organisation that many people were members of and for each of us individually it wasn't personal, or a lot of money. Just a bit close to home.

Just for clarity, it's not the SNP. ?

lemsip Tue 03-May-22 07:44:05

* Not on Twitter don't read the Mirror or Guardian*

Yes I read about it

MerylStreep Tue 03-May-22 07:51:48

Tory cronies being investigated for mis-demeanours is hardly news now. More an every day event. Sad but true.

Kalu Tue 03-May-22 07:58:55

Yes I read about this weeks ago.

She once lived locally to me and I met her in M&S with her then schoolgirl daughter years ago. She was very pleasant to chat to but I think she has since lost the plot big time. Very typical of nouveau riche types.

Oldwoman70 Tue 03-May-22 08:02:16

This was widely reported - even in the Daily Mail!

Pepper59 Tue 03-May-22 11:48:17

Volver, I have been in situations where similar has happened and it's not nice. Take care.