Gransnet forums

News & politics

That Sue Gray Report/Johnson meeting

(143 Posts)
Daisymae Sat 21-May-22 13:09:13

Seems that these two have met to discuss the report. No one saying what was in the agenda. So the report is impartial?

Urmstongran Sun 22-May-22 21:00:41

Pm: no rules were broken - only 126 fines including PM and Chancellor

Gotta love this CvD66!
One each.
Yes, one! And Rishi Sunak will have beeb mortified I expect as he doesn’t drink alcohol and will have been hijacked by a birthday cake that stayed in its Tupperware for Boris’ 56th birthday. (Yes, he was working and Carrie surprised him).
The rest of the fines? (it seems) were for the civil servants.

Ailidh Mon 23-May-22 07:06:21

A big blast headline on the front of the Daily Mail this morning. What caught my eye was the use of "her" instead of "she".

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 07:18:35

Johnson and his cronies are at least sticking to normal form.

The briefings against Sue Grey have started already, in advance of publication this week:

She's accused of "playing politics" and "liking the limelight a little too much".?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10843117/Boris-Johnsons-allies-accuse-Sue-Gray-playing-politics.html

Lucca Mon 23-May-22 07:30:48

Ailidh

A big blast headline on the front of the Daily Mail this morning. What caught my eye was the use of "her" instead of "she".

????

BlueBelle Mon 23-May-22 08:17:26

Umstrongran no it ll never end until someone has the balls to get rid of this horrible corrupt government led by a horrible corrupt lying leader

BlueBelle Mon 23-May-22 08:19:46

Carry on defended the indefensible un your misguided loyalty is lovely to see

volver Mon 23-May-22 08:22:09

Sunak has plenty to be mortified about. But he doesn't strike me as the very self-aware type.

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 08:22:54

I think the real scandal about Gray’s report is that the lawyer advising her, Daniel Stilitz, has been exposed as a vocal Labour activist and committed Remainer.

Stilitz has repeatedly attacked Boris Johnson on Twitter, describing him as a "reckless dangerous PM", referring to “Johnson’s fake news machine” and telling MPs “if you trust Johnson, you’re a mug.”

Not impartial then?

volver Mon 23-May-22 08:25:22

It's like a window into the Daily Mail/Telegraph press rooms.

What shall we dredge up and spin to fool the masses today lads?

Petera Mon 23-May-22 08:43:10

Urmstongran

I think the real scandal about Gray’s report is that the lawyer advising her, Daniel Stilitz, has been exposed as a vocal Labour activist and committed Remainer.

Stilitz has repeatedly attacked Boris Johnson on Twitter, describing him as a "reckless dangerous PM", referring to “Johnson’s fake news machine” and telling MPs “if you trust Johnson, you’re a mug.”

Not impartial then?

After posting repeatedly on Twitter he's been 'exposed'? Must be one those hot-shot Telegraph journalists tracking down a really difficult story.

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 08:43:36

Ah well, maybe KS and AR could give speeches ‘return to your constituencies and prepare for power’.

Petera Mon 23-May-22 08:56:37

Urmstongran

Ah well, maybe KS and AR could give speeches ‘return to your constituencies and prepare for power’.

Might be better than a speech on returning to the fridge for a bit more cheese.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-May-22 08:58:51

Or

“Work your way out of the cost of living crises”

Good luck with that.

Lucca Mon 23-May-22 09:04:21

Urmstongran

Not impartial then?

A committed remainer? Like Boris was before he decided it was better for his “career” to become a brexiteer ?

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 09:05:05

Unemployment at a record low. And many places crying out for staff. Bars round here are offering flexibility. Or shops accommodating ‘hours to suit’. I think it is possible to say pick up one evening a week or a Saturday morning if it suits people. I did it in the past. Worked full time in the hospital then one evening a week straight from work in retail till 8pm. We needed the money. There was no shame in so doing. And Himself went out one other evening as a local Pools collector. Needs must occasionally when times are tough and if you can. I don’t see a problem with it.

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 09:11:50

It's not a problem if you don't need to pay for childcare.

It's not a problem if travelling etc didn't mean you'd actually lose whatever UC is topping you up.

It's not a problem if you have a partner at home to do the childcare.

If any of the above apply though, it is a problem

volver Mon 23-May-22 09:12:17

Unemployment is at a record low, more jobs than people available to do them.

This is not a good thing.

Especially when the people in jobs are already in poverty and having to go to foodbanks. An evening a week collecting the Pools isn't gong to solve the problem in 2022.

volver Mon 23-May-22 09:16:40

gong? going!!

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 09:16:53

Lucca

Urmstongran

Not impartial then?

A committed remainer? Like Boris was before he decided it was better for his “career” to become a brexiteer ?

Yes, that always makes me laugh. Johnson spent 8 years, as Mayor, telling everyone that only a fool would want to leave the EU.

The night before he had to make a decision what way to jump, he did statements about both, but still swaying with the "Remain is best" idea.

Then, he realised that becoming a "Brexiteer" could get him into Number 10, and he became that.

He will be anything that gives him power or money, and I am amazed that so many people cannot seem to see through his phoniness.

He has no principles, no commitment to anything or anyone but himself, and just lies his way through life.

Not a good look for any leader that wants to be respected.?

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 09:18:00

Such negativity. It worked for us. We needed a better weekly income and went out to earn it.

Sorry to derail the thread. It was just a reply to WWmk2. I won’t mention my circumstances again. We are all different.

volver Mon 23-May-22 09:21:12

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 13:52:55

Number 10 has just admitted they did ask for a secret meeting with Sue Grey.?

There are now disputes as to who sent a formal invite, or if a formal invite was ever sent...

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10844513/Boris-braces-Partygate-report-DAYS-including-photos-No10-bashes.html

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 13:55:36

No. 10 officials asked.
I think the civil servants wanted to talk to Sue Grey as their involvement is a bit embarrassing.

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 13:57:40

And Johnson wasn't told? Sounds like a so called leader who has no control then.

Or, more likely, he did know, but it was better to accuse Sue Grey of lying.

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 13:59:52

Point of accuracy.
Downing Street usually refers to either the PPS or similar. It is not the same as Boris Johnson.

Boris may have initiated the meeting, but that is different to Downing Street initiating the meeting.

Either way i agree it's a bad look, but it depends whether Boris made the order, or whether a PPS did it, then told him.

Not defending him, just saying