Gransnet forums

News & politics

Bets being taken on what Johnson hits the headlines with the day Sue Grey report is publishef

(48 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 21-May-22 19:31:59

I bet a windfall tax and help with fuel bills.

Casdon Sun 22-May-22 16:19:38

No announcements, just this. Sue Gray appears on BBC News singing her own version of this classic. The backing singers are obviously David Cameron, Teresa May and John Major.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f4CyQto-0E

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-May-22 14:31:14

Parliament to break for Whitsun recess from 27 May, suggesting the Sue Gray report will be published at 11:59pm on the 26th.

HIGNFY

Mamie Mon 23-May-22 14:55:38

Mrs Johnson's rumoured absence from Downing Street has been to give birth to quads. Horace, Maurice, Norris and Doris.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-May-22 15:06:18

Mamie

Mrs Johnson's rumoured absence from Downing Street has been to give birth to quads. Horace, Maurice, Norris and Doris.

I’ve read a different rumour to that?

DiamondLily Mon 23-May-22 15:13:14

The right wing papers seem to be bigging up the Monkeypox virus, (despite it being an STI and difficult to catch), so perhaps it'll be another lockdown "being thought about" and SAGE will make a return to the stage.... ?

dolphindaisy Mon 23-May-22 16:09:40

Some of you are being very unfair, I fully expect him to make a TV broadcast wearing a new suit and clean tie, his hair combed and styled and apologize profusely for all the mistakes he has made and all the lies he has told, donate the money to the NHS he promised on the Brexit bus, raise pensions and reinstate the £20 he took from Universal Credit, and I will win the London Marathon

Chocolatelovinggran Mon 23-May-22 16:35:49

Oh, dolphindaisy, I'll come to cheer you on. It'll be such a good day...

dolphindaisy Mon 23-May-22 16:47:49

In that case CHOCOLATELOVINGGRAN I'll win it in record time and Boris will agree JRM is useless.

Wheniwasyourage Mon 23-May-22 16:49:14

And the best of luck, dolphindaisy grin ?

Blossoming Mon 23-May-22 16:54:56

Zonne

They’re starting with Union bashing

My first thought when I saw your post was that they wanted to get rid of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. My second thought when I read the headline was what is a torpedo union? My third thought when I saw the photo was they want Chas and Caz to separate grin

Iam64 Mon 23-May-22 19:04:16

We will all be there, cheering you on as you win the London marathon dolphindaisy

dolphindaisy Mon 23-May-22 19:34:00

Iam64

We will all be there, cheering you on as you win the London marathon dolphindaisy

That's it - following the latest revelations Boris should be publicly punished in Central Lobby by his own Chief Whip, the rest of us can celebrate my winning with a Champagne party

Zonne Mon 23-May-22 19:52:56

Blossoming my husband is an ex-submariner. I’m scared to ask what he thinks is a torpedo union is!

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 23-May-22 19:59:23

Johnson will fly to Moscow, even though I think he’s been banned, ask to speak to Putin and then shoot him.

growstuff Mon 23-May-22 22:20:36

Whitewavemark2

I bet a windfall tax and help with fuel bills.

Another Johnson baby or rescue dog?

growstuff Mon 23-May-22 22:21:50

Mamie

grin

Jane43 Mon 23-May-22 22:26:04

He’s just been on News At Ten with schoolchildren who handed him an invitation to their party. Oh the irony ???

growstuff Mon 23-May-22 22:33:36

Jane43

He’s just been on News At Ten with schoolchildren who handed him an invitation to their party. Oh the irony ???

OMG! Id the school getting some extra funding?

He really does think the electorate is stupid!

Devorgilla Tue 24-May-22 20:24:32

Well, it's not going to be an increase in energy prices. We had that today.

Happygirl79 Tue 24-May-22 22:21:50

He will promise the world and give nothing. He is the best scammer around

Jane43 Tue 24-May-22 23:14:14

Ailidh

Reinstate the Triple Lock but with no date specified, so that when the hoo-ha has died down, it can be slid way down the schedule.

On Politics Live last week they were discussing what if anything Sunak would do to ease the cost of living crisis and rising inflation. It was suggested that he would leave measures to lower inflation until later in the year as the pension increase is determined in September and they will pull out all the stops to get as low an inflation figure as possible that month.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-May-22 08:19:56

Sounds as if they are taking Labour’s advise and introducing a windfall tax, but of course it won’t be called that and be entirely different to what Labour would have done and much more effective????.