Gransnet forums

News & politics

Blue Badge renewal

(32 Posts)
nanaK54 Fri 27-May-22 11:26:58

Just a little 'heads up' about length of wait, I realise it may very by area...my poor DH is currently on fourteen weeks and still waiting, despite repeated emails and phone calls.
His current Blue Badge expires 31st May

nadateturbe Thu 16-Jun-22 21:24:13

nanaK54 I think people don't realise how helpful MPs can be. When I worked in the civil service MPs queries were always given priority. I have used mine lots of times.

I have just received my Blue Badge. I applied two weeks ago as I have M E /CFS. I don't get any benefits but thought it was worth a try. The form was very simple and I used a GP letter from 2010 as evidence. I am so pleased. I can't use public transport and the Badge will really help. I'm in N Ireland.

ElaineI Thu 16-Jun-22 22:17:00

My mother's has run out. Didn't know it ran out ever! Any way it is valid till late 2022 due to delays - Edinburgh Council.

ExDancer Thu 16-Jun-22 22:22:15

I didn't know they ran out. How do we apply for a renewal as I see mine runs out next month?
Does the renewal method vary from region to region.

Georgesgran Thu 16-Jun-22 22:43:33

DD2 has to obtain a letter every time, showing she qualifies as her disability is ‘for life’. She can’t use the original letter and there’s a new photograph every time.

glammanana Fri 17-Jun-22 07:51:56

My LA will not accept applications for renewals until 8 weeks before Blue Badge expires,mine ends on 22/8/22 so cannot apply for renewal until 22/6/22 helpful man at end of phone said it will take 7-10 days so all areas are so different.

DiamondLily Fri 17-Jun-22 09:52:38

ExDancer

I didn't know they ran out. How do we apply for a renewal as I see mine runs out next month?
Does the renewal method vary from region to region.

The process, as far as I know, applies to all areas:

www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

If you're not sure, the Blue Badge department at your local council, will advise.