Gransnet forums

News & politics

All Johnson supporters should watch this. An interview with Rory Stewart

(32 Posts)
Happygirl79 Sat 28-May-22 10:46:33

The changes to the ministerial code is the beginning of the end either for Boris or ourselves. Depends on the strength or ongoing weakness of our MPs

DaisyAnne Sat 28-May-22 10:45:06

I imagine that you can't see why he has gone down in my estimation because he hasn't in yours. That's okay; I think that just means we have, at this point, a difference of opinion smile That opinion is not something I can be argued out of nor, I expect, you can be argued into.

I did share the puzzlement you expressed in your last sentence, until I saw this video.

MaizieD Sat 28-May-22 10:00:32

Rory Stewart did not empower Johnson, DaisyAnne. He fought him for the leadership because he knew he was totally unfit for the role. He has made his views very clear ever since.

I can't see why he has gone down in your estimation.

The only thing that I have never been able to comprehend is why such an intelligent, thinking, caring man was ever a tory...

DaisyAnne Sat 28-May-22 09:45:32

Rory Stewart goes down, in my estimation, after seeing this video. I did think he had some interesting views and opinions. Other people, who are stronger than him, also have those views. The Conservatives took this man and gave him the leadership of our country. They did this while knowing him for exactly what he is. His only party is the Boris Party; his only country Borisland. After his changes to the Ministerial Code - particularly the removal of the Sovereign, replacing her with himself, I think we should be very afraid.

It's obvious many in the Conservative Party knew how unbalanced Johnson was long before most of us did, even if we had our suspicions. Looking at the man I wonder what we have to come. If he becomes depressed by his current challenges, he could become paranoid. It's happened to challenged, immature dictators in the past and then, we may find, all hell is let loose.

J52 Sat 28-May-22 09:14:18

Very interesting, but I suppose people will say Rory has an axe to grind.

MaizieD Sat 28-May-22 09:07:00

Let's just bump this.

MaizieD Fri 27-May-22 19:07:57

How Johnson works

Is this the way to run a country?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZslHXbAuI