Gransnet forums

News & politics

Sunday Times says "Gray 'diluted parties report' after pressure."

(16 Posts)
DaisyAnne Mon 30-May-22 11:48:13

MaizieD

MayBee70

maddyone

Apparently no one knows whether Meghan and Harry told lies. The same with this, no one knows.

I think the fact that the ABBA party was ignored proves that the report wasn’t totally impartial.

The Telegraph (not a reliable source, I know, but...) is reporting this morning that Gray was told several times about the ABBA party and ignored it.

I thought her mention of it in the report was odd. She implied that she'd just started investigating it when the Met took over, so didn't take it any further. She then accepted that as the Met hadn't fined anyone for it, it wouldn't be appropriate to take it further.

Now it transpires that the mysteriously absent PM's wife apparently had another rule breaking party in the flat...

This is all so much hearsay at the moment, isn't it? For instance, I heard, this morning, that Sue Gray had simply not reached the ABBA party, the police didn't cover it as she hadn't although her report was incompleted when they took over, and she didn't cover it when their report was made because they hadn't.

The commentator also said that she told her seniors that if they wanted changes to the report they would have to instruct her to do so, i.e., it would be on paper and signed.

I don't think we will know any more until the Parliamentary Committee does it's job. They must really be above suspicion or the faith in democracy may never recover.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 30-May-22 08:55:37

Oh I’ve repeated you maizie

Still it needs reminding constantly.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 30-May-22 08:54:37

There is mention of further parties in the flat.

MaizieD Mon 30-May-22 08:53:02

MayBee70

maddyone

Apparently no one knows whether Meghan and Harry told lies. The same with this, no one knows.

I think the fact that the ABBA party was ignored proves that the report wasn’t totally impartial.

The Telegraph (not a reliable source, I know, but...) is reporting this morning that Gray was told several times about the ABBA party and ignored it.

I thought her mention of it in the report was odd. She implied that she'd just started investigating it when the Met took over, so didn't take it any further. She then accepted that as the Met hadn't fined anyone for it, it wouldn't be appropriate to take it further.

Now it transpires that the mysteriously absent PM's wife apparently had another rule breaking party in the flat...

DiamondLily Sun 29-May-22 10:20:44

Brandon Lewis, chief mouthpiece and lap-dog for Johnson, has assured everyone that no one put any pressure on Ms Gray, and it was totally truthful and honest report of events..

Oh, Ok, that's fine then..?

news.sky.com/story/partygate-boris-johnson-faces-despot-charge-over-cover-up-claims-12623349

paddyann54 Sun 29-May-22 10:17:49

Meghan and Harry aren't running the country..oh wait .neither is Bojo,he's just having a good old time,billions of tax payers money slushing around ,doing what he wants ,makng stupid jojes"Beer Korma" for heavens sake you wouldn't even expect that froma new MP in parliamentnever mind the PM !!
Open your eyes folks ...this man is a dangerous fool

MayBee70 Sun 29-May-22 10:13:18

maddyone

maddyone Sun 29-May-22 10:00:49

Lucca Sun 29-May-22 09:50:48

Anniebach

She should have spoken out,

Agree

FarNorth Sun 29-May-22 09:42:17

It's sickening.

DiamondLily Sun 29-May-22 08:19:07

Johnson is her boss. I'm sure the pressure on her was immense.

Really, these sort of things should be carried out by an independent person.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 29-May-22 08:11:51

Adam Wagner

To be clear, and I have said this for months: if staff knew they were potentially breaking the criminal law but went ahead anyway, that could be misconduct in public office. It's a grave and apparently knowing abuse of public trust.

Anniebach Sun 29-May-22 08:10:10

She should have spoken out,

Whitewavemark2 Sun 29-May-22 08:09:38

This tells you

Whitewavemark2 Sun 29-May-22 08:04:46

Yes I’ve read that. Undoubtedly Johnson put pressure on her.

DaisyAnne Sat 28-May-22 23:56:09

Their sub-head is: Downing Street mandarins demanded that the names of rule-breakers be removed

The online heading is Muzzled? How senior officials fought to water down Sue Gray report followed by:

With a dogged refusal to accept the blame and a little luck, Boris Johnson succeeded in neutering Sue Gray’s verdict on the No 10 parties.

Obviously we have to wait and see and hope the unabridged version is leaked. This will no doubt be pulled appart on the Sunday paper reviews.